• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Batteries to recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Incorrect. The Sony VCT5 is a 30amp battery.
Interestingly, Sony the manufacturer has never officially marketed the Sony VTC battery specs. In fact they have never been intended for the open market, period. They were designed specifically to be used in power packs for cordless power tools. The fact that they have been intermittantly available on the open market has been due to a small percentage of them becoming available from trusted (and untrusted) suppliers.

The Sony VTC4 has been independently bench tested to be a true 30 amp CDR battery. The Sony VTC5 has been independently bench tested to be only a 20 amp CDR battery.

Guzzard

Aug 8, 2013
San Pedro Ca, USA
Whoops. Sorry for posting wrong info on here about batteries.
I could of swore the only 30 amp batteries were the VTC4 and VTC5s.
Illumination Supply does state the VTC5s do get hot from draining it to empty from being fully charged. Also RTD Vapor has 30 amp in the title. But in the specifications on both sites listed the VTC5 a 20a continuous discharge rating.

Fuffles

Verified Member
May 9, 2015
LG HD2 25a
LG HB6 True 30a but there 1500mah
Sony VCT4
Any of these will be fine. A lot depends on how far your really going to push the watts.

I love the Samsung 25R's but the IPV3 Li could exceed there output.

So..... I shouldn't go for Samsung 25Rs? I was already thinking of getting LG HG2 (The chocolate one). Do you think that is good enough?

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
So..... I shouldn't go for Samsung 25Rs? I was already thinking of getting LG HG2 (The chocolate one). Do you think that is good enough?
The chocolate bar is very good IMO. Using it for ipv mini 2 n ipv 3 Li. Excellent performance.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reactions: gerrymi

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
i have one of their VTC 5, although I can't vouch for the credibility of the battery itself. Real life testing do yield slightly longer battery life as compared. Typically tactical shops do sell those 18650s as well and getting them from overseas site will be a tall task to deal with due to battery transportation rules and such.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

A pair of HG2's, VTC5's or 25R's would be OK up to about 130W or so.
    Up to about 175W the VTC4's would be OK, but better to use the HB6's.
    Above 175W, get the HB6's.

AttyRuiner

Oct 23, 2015
    Death Valley
    Sony Vtc4 is definitely a trusted batteries. Got my first pair up north and second pair from locally. However i noticed a colour difference in the green. Any opinions?
    20151023_121631.jpg

Left north right local

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2015
    Local
    Just helped myself to a pair of VTC5s locally as well. Read through the interwebs quite abit regarding the batteries before purchase. It is apparently a 30 A/60 A current similar to the VTC4, although with a difference in mAh. At least this was what I could gather at the shop based on available specs. I may be wrong. Anyway, using it in my IPV4S with the life-sucking TFV4 triple coil and it has been a dream. Compared to the pink Samsung's I was using previously with the TFV4 would stop firing after a certain threshold in the battery has been crossed. (Usually 70-75% of indicated charge) not sure why, perhaps it's the 0.2 ohm resistance playing a part!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Just helped myself to a pair of VTC5s locally as well. Read through the interwebs quite abit regarding the batteries before purchase. It is apparently a 30 A/60 A current similar to the VTC4, although with a difference in mAh. At least this was what I could gather at the shop based on available specs. I may be wrong. Anyway, using it in my IPV4S with the life-sucking TFV4 triple coil and it has been a dream. Compared to the pink Samsung's I was using previously with the TFV4 would stop firing after a certain threshold in the battery has been crossed. (Usually 70-75% of indicated charge) not sure why, perhaps it's the 0.2 ohm resistance playing a part!

The VTC5 is a 20A battery....but a darn good one!

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ah-bench-test-results-a-good-20a-cell.683772/

I'll be doing a retest of the VTC5 within a couple of weeks to get some pulsed discharge data.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    They are all rewrapped. Sony stopped producing them a long time ago.

The evidence is unclear as to what was or is actually going on but the VTC's I have tested over the past 3-4 months have all tested out exactly to Sony's specs. If somehow they are all rewraps then they are the first rewraps that duplicate the original batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread