The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Battery cases are important.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Moezso, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moezso

Moezso Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    So I work in security, which doesn't really matter. What does matter is this stupid lady in my mall today, decided her coin purse was a good place to keep loose batteries. We all know what happened next, coin nicked the wrap, shorted a cell, and I see this rocket plume shoot out of her handbag, which she dumps on the floor, nearly setting the pretzel kiosk on fire.

Moral of the story, battery cases, use 'em peeps.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    no kidding. I've been meaning to get a single cell case for evening outings.

Maybe not the pink one, oh hell, why not?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Yikes. I use those silicone sleeves for single batteries and I have plastic cases that hold two at a time. I don't even carry the singles in the sleeves freely, I keep them in a zippered carrier with netting inside that holds the batteries still.

• Like Like x 4
  4. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I don't have a 2nd set of batteries so i don't have cases, though whenever i do get a 2nd married pair no doubt i'm getting a case along with it (or 2 if it's the rubbery lonely type of cases)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moezso

Moezso Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    All the batteries I've ever bought came in cases, except the 20700's I got from IMR. I keep those in cases I made from black plastic brake line tubing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. gcvt

gcvt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2012
    San Francisco
    I love these things! My local vape shop sells them in white/opaque only. A set of six goes for $3. Safety first! I cut the loops off and use them in my daily carry eyeglasses case.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Two zip lock snack bags work in a pinch. One cell goes in one bag. The other in the other. Put one bag in the other and good to go.

Just don't use'em over and over.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Or, depending on price, IMR does send free battery case and wraps, as well. I know these are not high dollar items but I really appreciate their nod to battery safety. :) And they ship rapidly and inexpensively to my location... :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  9. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hope she doesn't sue the battery manufacturer.
    China needs to get busy and start cranking out 20700/21700 battery cases.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Since fanny packs have been out of style for the last 30 years, I've been trying to fit everything into my pockets.

A single cell case will go a long way towards that.

Wearing a jacket now that the weather is cooling off also helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    IMO the 80s are returning, so you may in fact be able to wear a fanny pack... Soon. Fortunately, since I have a purse (oh, it badly needs replacing too, the search begins) I will never have to wear one.

I understand that ergonomically, they're a fine idea, I just won't be able to bring myself to do it. I do like those single battery cases though, and if I were a pocket person, that is probably what I would use.... :)

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    What makes things like this Doubly Crazy is a Battery Case cost less than a Pack of Gum. Or a Roll of Lifesavers.

Last year I bought a 20 Pack of Plastic 18650 Battery Cases on e-Bay for like 6 Bucks. Give One to every person I Know who Vapes.

And Told the Ones who said they Already had a case to Give it to someone they Know who Doesn't

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    A video for the new vapers who may think they don't need plastic battery cases.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Battery cases? What batteries? The same that are in my mods? The ones that are never out of my mods? I charge them while they are in my mods. Still wonder, what are these cases are for???

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    They are for removable batteries, such as in a Provari, etc. I use them (Provaris AND battery cases).

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    O, yes. there are outdated mods such as Provaries. They cannot charge their batteries. Now I understand why these cases are needed.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    about 4years ago a member here(foxman)had a loose 18650 in his pocket and vented and post a pic of his underwear. do you want me to go back and find it?

• Like Like x 4
  18. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    These are perfect for an 18650, inexpensive and sturdier than most battery cases.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Moezso

Moezso Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I'm not sure I want to see that.

This looks like it'd be great if you're doing something more active, like hiking or whitewater rafting or building a house.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BackDoc

BackDoc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    Fanny Packs out of style???, no wonder ive been getting funny looks lately:)......a few years ago one of my children informed me of the demise of the "fanny pack'( and the implication one gives when wearing one), a shame because they were extremely functional..........i carried a Glock in mine ( and cigarettes )when i did not feel like a holster during the summer

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.