Bauyway Cartomizers Kill Ego Batteries (not just LR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
There is a serious design flaw with Bauway cartomizers which kills Ego type batteries, and probably standard 510 batteries as well. I have lost three new Ego batteries in the past few months, all due to Bauway cartomizers.

These cartomizers work fine for the first few days, then their resistance drops from their normal level (in the case of the last one 2.5 Ohms) down to 1.0 ohms or less. When this happens the Ego battery will activate by itself and you will not know it is on since the LED will not light up when this happens. You won't know until the cartomizer starts to smoke and your battery is dead.

I have been vaping for almost two years and have never had a problem with any other atomizer or cartomizer doing this, including Bauway atomizers. I have used Joye, Bauway, DSE, and SLB normal atomizers as well as Joye and Bayway LR atomizers on my Ego batteries with no issues at all. I have one Ego battery that is now 5 months old that has been used exclusively with LR attys (Joye and Bauway) and still works great. I have also used both Joye and Boge cartomizers for months with zero issues.

I would suggest that nobody use these things, even with a manual switch battery mod. Even though they won't cause those mods to turn on, they are still going to kill the batteries much faster than will a normally functioning cartomizer. They are a defective product and should not be sold.

The reason I say this is because I was one of the reasons MadVapes added the LR disclaimers to their web site, and the big discussion started here about LR and Egos. I had purchased a pack of LR Bauways cartomizers which killed two brand new batteries and MadVapes tech support told me it was because the Ego can't use LR atomizers/cartomizers. The next time I ordered I purchased a pack of the 2.5 Ohm Bauways and within a few days of using them I had another dead battery. I had it in my hand at the time - light off, cartomizer bubbling and smoking - there is no doubt in my mind about what happened.

I know MadVapes says "no warranties" on cartomizers but these things are defective and are Ego killers. This has cost me the $18 I spent on the two packs of defective cartomizers as well as $60 in Ego batteries. I would like to exchange these Bauway cartomizers for Boges or store credit but MadVapes has not replied to my trouble ticket yet (opened Friday at noon). After three dead batteries I don't think I am asking too much by just wanting these exchanged for some that won't destroy my equipment.

Will someone at MadVapes please reply to this message or my trouble ticket. I have been a customer for a long time and have referred MANY clients to you. I'd appreciate it if you could do something to rectify this situation, I don't think I am being unreasonable.

Jim211

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I drove up to madvapes to pick up my order today, they were very busy. I also sent a ticket over the weekend asking for directions and didn't get a reply so I just called and went. They were crazy busy from the weekend orders and sorry to say I am part of the problem they didn't get back to you right away as they took about an hour out of there busy day to show me around.

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
This problem seems to switch from Bauway, to Boge, to SLB each month. 2.5 ohm, 2.0 ohm, 1.7 ohm, 3.2 ohm, it really doesn't matter as all the cartos have this claim as well as atomizers.

We'll be glad to work with you on the problem. With Mondays being so busy, we tend to not hit tickets until the end of the day but someone will be in touch with you shortly.

hoog

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
This problem seems to switch from Bauway, to Boge, to SLB each month. 2.5 ohm, 2.0 ohm, 1.7 ohm, 3.2 ohm, it really doesn't matter as all the cartos have this claim as well as atomizers.

We'll be glad to work with you on the problem. With Mondays being so busy, we tend to not hit tickets until the end of the day but someone will be in touch with you shortly.

hoog

Hoog,

In over a year and a half of vaping I have never had an atomizer/cartomizer kill a battery until now - and all three times it has happened have been with Bauway cartomizers. If fact, I have only used 4 Bauway cartomizers total and three out of the four died the exact same way (killing the battery). Alternatley I have been through several dozen Boge and Joye cartomizers and never had a problem.

I have only been using cartomizers for a few months, but I know this is not a "common issue" with atomizers -- betweeen my wife and I we have probably gone through over a hundred atomizers and none of them ever killed a battery.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I believe the ∞ (Infinity) from NotCigs has SCP/TM but that ProVari from ProVape sounds pretty sweet. Both are solid, I guess it's a matter of pricing, budget, and preference for the digital readout or thumb-wheel.

I really like the ProVari concept but I'm not sure how I feel about pressing the button 15 times in a row to drop back from 6 to 4.5 volts.

I'm okay for now with my Little Chuck and I'll eventually end up with a variable voltage mod, just not ready yet.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I have had the same thing happen twice in the last 4 months - once with a boge cartomizr - and once with my very first mega ego cartomizer. The mega ego cartomizer actually killed two egos - because I was stupid enough when I found my first ego dead to try the same cartomizer on another ego - which it immediately killed. When I posted about it I had others relate their experiences to me of having the same thing happen with other rogue atomizers and cartomizers (especially LR ones which neither of mine were) -

I myself blame the design of egos for self-destructing at less the 1.0 ohms since any cheap cartomizer can short out (how much can you expect of a piece of electronics that cost less then 1.50) - but it would be nice if the battery had some self protection built in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread