BBC: E-cigarettes "help smokers quit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
It's taking time to get their attention and gain credibility (remember that CASAA is less than 5 years old, compared to the "trusted" sources that the media has been using for decades), but our efforts are starting to produce results with some reporters:

E-Cigarette Advocates Relieved but Cautious After FDA Pitches Rules - US News

Blumenthal Wants More E-Cigarette Rules in 6 Months, Says Adults Prefer Tobacco Flavor - US News

E-Cigarettes Face Dizzying Number of State, Local Fights - US News

Democratic Senators Pounce on E-Cigarettes After CDC Study Shows Teen Use Spike - US News

We get more and more media contacting us nearly every day now.

What I do is send emails to staff, including editorial staff and the journalist who wrote the article, anytime a negative article appears, objecting point by point, with solid sources, and suggesting that CASAA (I briefly explain what it is) is an excellent source for checking information and providing the public with more accurate info. on ecigs. I include the link. No idea if this has any effect but if a lot of us did that they'd at least have heard of CASAA.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
What I do is send emails to staff, including editorial staff and the journalist who wrote the article, anytime a negative article appears, objecting point by point, with solid sources, and suggesting that CASAA (I briefly explain what it is) is an excellent source for checking information and providing the public with more accurate info. on ecigs. I include the link. No idea if this has any effect but if a lot of us did that they'd at least have heard of CASAA.

I think that the point being made is that some decent research has been done in England.

I know that you won't like the word "England" because you are American. Good luck with that project. :)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I think that the point being made is that some decent research has been done in England.

I know that you won't like the word "England" because you are American. Good luck with that project. :)

Why wouldn't we like the word "England"? I rather enjoyed all my trips there. I just wish you knew which side of the road to drive on. :)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and Wales .....

Or England, or Italy or France or Greece or Sweden or or Germany or East BumFluff....if they produce decent research and Google can translate it where we can make sense of it, IT'S ALL GOOD....:closedeyes:

(apologies to any country I might have missed....:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread