Begginer kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Hi!

I am new at this forum and wanted to ask some questions about e-cigarette.
I know my questions must have been asked a billion times, but it is been 3 hours non-stop I am looking on internet, and haven't found yet my answers.

All I ask is pretty simple:
What is the more popular brand of e-cig for a beginner that is not complicated, good quality, good price, good taste.
I get very confused with all the terms used here, so I just need a simple answer.

I heard about e-cig a couple of weeks ago and since I am tired of the bad effects of real cigarettes, but not completely ready to quit, I thought this new alternative would be perfect since I heard it is 1000 times less cancer-risk than real cigarettes. So I am ready to give it a chance, but when I saw how many brand and choice you have on the market, I got really confused.

I am from Canada so of course, if you know a good brand or dealer in this country, it is better to not pay 30% sales tax + shipping+ I heard the custom could refuse to ship the package.
And also what should I buy? A beginner kit? e-liquid? Refill? I'M so lost,

Thank you very much for your answers in advance!

nosmokie

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
Texas
Bambie,

I was THRILLED with my Volt from Smokeless Image (Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette). The customer service is outstanding, flavors are great, and quality of vapor is wonderful. As you already know, vaping is overwhelming at first, but SI keeps it simple and gives you a quality product.

But be warned. Despite my praise, I am already looking to bigger and better alternatives, and you have to start somewhere.

As far as shipping to Canada is concerned, I have no idea... sorry.

Hello Bambie, and welcome!

Not being in Canada, I can't really recommend the best Canadian vendor and I really only know of one - nicfitnation.com. Once you've been on here a bit, made 5 posts (without spamming for the sake of increasing your post count), and waited for the system to refresh, you'll be able to post in the Canada forum to get better answers to that.

It's hard to pick out something specific without knowing your smoking habits, but something that tends to work well for most beginners is a standard eGo starter kit. Usually the kit comes with 2 650mAh batteries. If you can find a kit in your price range that has 900mAh batteries or higher, that's even better. They'll last longer, and will be under less stress if you decide to use low-resistance (LR) cartomisers (cartos) or atomisers (attys) for warmer vapor and better throat hit (TH).

You could always go for some of the cigarette-looking styles, as well, if that is your preference but the battery life would be shorter and you'd find yourself recharging them quite often - again, depending on your habits.

So...how much do you smoke per day?

What is it that you get the most from smoking? Is it purely the nicotine, or do you like the sensation at the back of your throat and/or in your lungs?

Would it be irritating to you to have to stop vaping and drip a few more drops into your atty, or would you prefer the convenience of just having to fill a carto or tank every so often, instead?

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
The Canada forum will def be able to give you the answers your looking for.
Im not 100% sure about this, so someone correct me if im wrong, but Im pretty sure you can get an ecig sent to you from the US with no problems. Juice is a whole nother story though. Customs will take any juice orders or any packages that have juice with it.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Hi Bambie,

There are a quite a few suppliers in Canada, you can check out the Canadian Suppliers section here on ECF to start.

If you're interested in the Volt a few people on this thread suggested, you can get it from BestVapour.com who's having a 15% off sale right now.

Once you've got your kit you need to get yourself some liquid to go with it. You can indeed order from the US but if you're interested in getting started ASAP you would be better off ordering from one of our many Canadian vendors (I'll send you a PM with the current list of Canadian e-juice vendors). From there feel free to browse around, compare prices, flavors etc.

Did you read up a bit on the differences between VG/PG, nice strength etc?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Best Vapour in Canada has Volt but I don't think they carry the manual batteries which are what I recommend. Manuals are harder to damage or kill with juice leaks and make it easier to get a good hit which also helps you get more use out of each carto. I can get 7+ days use out of a Volt or Bloog carto with thin clear juices. (I use PG w/ 20% or less VG, and Volt juices are 80PG/20VG). But much of what you find in Canada has no nicotine so you really need to read the Canada forum.

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Bambie,

I was THRILLED with my Volt from Smokeless Image (Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette). The customer service is outstanding, flavors are great, and quality of vapor is wonderful. As you already know, vaping is overwhelming at first, but SI keeps it simple and gives you a quality product.

But be warned. Despite my praise, I am already looking to bigger and better alternatives, and you have to start somewhere.

As far as shipping to Canada is concerned, I have no idea... sorry.

Thank you nosmokie for your answer. I see that Volt id very popular here! I'm gonna give it a try.

Thanks again

nosmokie

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
Texas
Bambie,

The Volt is a very good product, but the eGo-T, which I got my hands on today, does make me very happy inside.

I have not had the eGo long enough to give you a recommendation, but I do believe that no mater what you start off with, if you get into it, you are probably going to get something else anyway.

I don't think either is a bad choice. Good luck!

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Bambie,

The Volt is a very good product, but the eGo-T, which I got my hands on today, does make me very happy inside.

I have not had the eGo long enough to give you a recommendation, but I do believe that no mater what you start off with, if you get into it, you are probably going to get something else anyway.

I don't think either is a bad choice. Good luck!

Hi nosmokie! So I see 2people recommmend me Ego and the rest Volt. How long do the batterie of each brand last? Someone says the Ego works longer..

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Hello Bambie, and welcome!

Not being in Canada, I can't really recommend the best Canadian vendor and I really only know of one - nicfitnation.com. Once you've been on here a bit, made 5 posts (without spamming for the sake of increasing your post count), and waited for the system to refresh, you'll be able to post in the Canada forum to get better answers to that.

It's hard to pick out something specific without knowing your smoking habits, but something that tends to work well for most beginners is a standard eGo starter kit. Usually the kit comes with 2 650mAh batteries. If you can find a kit in your price range that has 900mAh batteries or higher, that's even better. They'll last longer, and will be under less stress if you decide to use low-resistance (LR) cartomisers (cartos) or atomisers (attys) for warmer vapor and better throat hit (TH).

You could always go for some of the cigarette-looking styles, as well, if that is your preference but the battery life would be shorter and you'd find yourself recharging them quite often - again, depending on your habits.

So...how much do you smoke per day?

What is it that you get the most from smoking? Is it purely the nicotine, or do you like the sensation at the back of your throat and/or in your lungs?

Would it be irritating to you to have to stop vaping and drip a few more drops into your atty, or would you prefer the convenience of just having to fill a carto or tank every so often, instead?

Hello ThatJoeGuy,

tanks really much for your complete answer.
I will definitely go check your canadian vendor.
About the cartomiser, attys, etc i have no idea what this is? I guess Ill understand when I received my e-cigarette.
So the real cigarette looking long less than the other looking?

I smoke around 12-15 cigarettes a day and I'm so tired of killing my health. Of course, after 10 years of smoking I am highly addicted to nicotine and the fact to take a puff. I think I don't really mind either about driping more or fill the carto, but I guess this is what I will learned after my first kit.

Thanks again for your help

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Hi Bambie,

There are a quite a few suppliers in Canada, you can check out the Canadian Suppliers section here on ECF to start.

If you're interested in the Volt a few people on this thread suggested, you can get it from BestVapour.com who's having a 15% off sale right now.

Once you've got your kit you need to get yourself some liquid to go with it. You can indeed order from the US but if you're interested in getting started ASAP you would be better off ordering from one of our many Canadian vendors (I'll send you a PM with the current list of Canadian e-juice vendors). From there feel free to browse around, compare prices, flavors etc.

Did you read up a bit on the differences between VG/PG, nice strength etc?

Thank you for your link.
I don't understand: the e-juice doesn't comes with the first kit beginner?
I saw a little bit the difference: vg is vegetal and pg is propylene?
What is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread