• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best carto in average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kencalise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
Which one is the best carto in average?
Bad Carto bothers me all the time. I want to make some changes.
I tried ST DC@1.5ohm, it burns within a day or two days(holes or no hole got the same result).
boge 2.0 LR, it depends on luck. sometimes it just dead at the first time to use it. Sometimes it lasts for few weeks.

Update: I tried the ST DC mega carto today, IT BURNED IN A DAY.:(

Let's share your ideas here, and help me find out which one is the best.
Thank you!:vapor:

Last edited:

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm not a big carto user, but the one I like the most is the SmokTech Dual Coil Mega Carto. The ones that are the size of an Ego. Seems to last 2 weeks, perhaps longer if you use the same juice in it the whole time. My problem was trying out different juices until it started to get really funky.

I dunno what it is, but the smaller cartos make my tongue go numb too quickly. Like before I even get my nic fix. The Mega carto just seems to be more pleasant.

With any carto, you have to keep it hydrated with ejuice otherwise that burning taste can ruin em.

Last edited:

VapesAlot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
NFLD
with this shortage of cartos i went to dripping and the flavor is way better that the boges i was using may even keep doing it while im home but need some sort of tank system while im out and about or driving. may even consider a bottom feeder or one of those super t devices for dripping. carto shortage makes you experment a bit more lol:vapor:

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
The smoktech 1.7 single coil XL cartos (around 2mls) are my favourite carto by far.

Cartos are the most convenient, and provide the best vaping experience for me. I've tried dozens and these give the best flavour, the biggest TH, and even kick .... on an eGo batt, but are insane on a Reo!

They fit in standard dual coil tanks, and can be purchased pre-punched with a flange that fits smoktech tanks.

I get them cheap and routinely get a week of constant vaping 3-4.5 mls a day before I notice a drop off in quality and I pitch them.

I have stopped looking around for other cartos and just pick up 45 at a time.

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
Boge SR Cartos. Cheap and reliable. These things can last a couple of weeks easy depending on how often you use them, but as with most cartos you always get a few that singe easily. I singed a couple last week after the initial fill ....... meh, chuck em' and start a new one ;) At $2 a piece they can't be beat. Just keep in mind it's best not to use a high VG mix. I use 70/30 PG/VG with no issues.

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I really like the ST DC Megas as well. I love the vape on them, not a huge fan of how big they are. But the vape is awesome.

I also like Boge LRs but haven't tried Kangers yet. I've tried dripping now and while I do like it for the ability to test different flavours, I am not a fan of it in general with having to do it all the time and tasting burntness before dripping again.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'm with RolandPibb, and speaking from experience, nothing comes close to the SmokTech 1.7 single coil on a 3.7 device. Hard hitting and lasts a long time (juice dependent ofcourse)!

I've done the whole range of dual coils, boges, kangers and my preference would be the Smoktech 1.7 Single Coils, also known as the Resurrectors.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
A lot of people said that the clear wrapper of the DC 1.7ohm are very bad.

Yeah, I read that too. I have some 1.7s on hand packaged in both a clear sealed bag, and green bagged ones bought earlier. I haven't found any problems with either and I drip fill instead of using the syringe. I just make sure they're sitting full for an hour or two before I vape them.

I find them to have a better hit and flavour than the Boge's. It's not just that they hit in 8 watt range, which is in the higher "sweet spot range" over the Boge's 6.5 watts, I like the extra millimeterish, over the Boge and the price.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
The ones I bought from Madvapes came in a green pack, the ones from Health cabin came in a clear pack and has their logo on it. They both perform the same and I've not had any untoward issues with either. Every now and again, I'll come across one that seems to have a looser packing around the coil, but it does not affect the quality of the vape. I'm in the 8.5 range as well, and I also drip fill and let them sit for atleast an hour or two. They are cheap enough that I don't bother cleaning them when juice gets them gunky. I just chuck them out, and slap on a new one.

Hey Roland, we seem to have found the same formula for vaping. ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I've been a diehard Kanger fan myself but haven't tried those Smoketech 1.7's. However am now majorly impressed as well with the new V510's. These things are a bit of a juice hog but ... they are great!

If you are a diehard Kanger fan, do yourself a favour and don't try the SmokTech 1.7's. You won't go back.. use at your own risk. You've been warned!!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Hey Roland, we seem to have found the same formula for vaping. ;)

It does indeed. Those resurrectors are going to kick .... on your new pipe!

Do you use a carto tank? I have a smoktech 6.5ml one coming that should arrive at the same time as my pipe. I'm excited to try both.

The stem I bought was so handsome I had to get it, but now I see it's the bigger eGo size one. I'll have to do some McGuyvering with a 510 drip tip, Dremel, and some heat tubing to get them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread