• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best carto in average

Status
Not open for further replies.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I just received these yesterday, 2 boxes to try out. I filled one up and it vapes good for about 5 hauls and then burnt taste. Filled again, same thing. Is this normal with these? I'm not sure I want to open another one because if they're all like then I'm either sending them back if I can or selling them.

I bought three boxes (5 cart/box) and for every box there's one or two with burnt taste. Other than that I've had no complaints. They're great for 3.7V devices.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Do i still need dripping even on the mega DC carto?
Isn't it suppose to fill with one time and vape for a day?:(

Think of it as dripping less, but if you expect to just fill and leave for the day, forget about it.. you will end up burning it.

Even though you fill almost 4ml into the carto, a lot of juice gets trapped in the batting around the coil. Eventually the material will stop feeding the coil juice, and the batting immediately surrounding the coil will burn.

A carto may let you go a while longer as opposed to straight dripping, but you will need to keep topping up.

pherse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Belmont, Ontario
I have tried the visions, ce2's, 3's, 4's, and whatever the hell number they are up to now and numerous other cartos and I must say I have to agree with Dusty_D and rolandpibb that the Smoktech 1.7 singles are the best I have had to date.
So that being said, everyone steer clear of the 1.7's beacause you will not like them. :D

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Think of it as dripping less, but if you expect to just fill and leave for the day, forget about it.. you will end up burning it.

Even though you fill almost 4ml into the carto, a lot of juice gets trapped in the batting around the coil. Eventually the material will stop feeding the coil juice, and the batting immediately surrounding the coil will burn.

A carto may let you go a while longer as opposed to straight dripping, but you will need to keep topping up.

^^^^what he said^^^^

Large capacity cartos should be topped off - large capacity clearos should be 1/2 filled and refilled later.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
^^^^what he said^^^^

Large capacity cartos should be topped off - large capacity clearos should be 1/2 filled and refilled later.

You read my post..yay!! {sorry other folks, inside joke here!}

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Tried Boge 2.8ohm today, fully soaked, condom filled, shack it well, vape it @3.7V(don't want to go up 4.2V, i am afraid to burn it), taste gets better!!!:vapor:
Next time might try the ST 1.7ohm.

That carto can easily handle 4.2 volts. I vape Boges at 5 volts and up all day.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I wrote about the Smoktech 1.7 single coils in the HappyVaper supplier thread.

I've vaped over 100 of those cartos and only once got a dead shorted one (back in August). From experience, upon first filling and firing, if there's any Dry spots on the fabric stuff around the coil they will burn and taste chemically or very yukky! I toss those ones as there's no way of vaping through it. Occasionally when I over-filled and placed off to the side for 3 or more hours they have still burnt on me.

Good news!
Fill the Smoktech 1.7 single coils up with the condom method and you shouldn't waste anymore to singing. I fill the bootie just past 3/4 full and plunge the threaded end in. I then drop a few more drops in the top and replace the white rubber bung. Then I remove the juiced bootie and wipe the threaded end with a Kleenex and Blow through the Carto in the Kleenex to remove any excess. When the Carto starts running dry I top up from the mouth end.

These cartos give great flavour on the Happy eGo!!

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Kanger horizontals are my fav, I like boges but I feel kangers are easier to fill (poly not as tightly packed as Boge) holds more juice and produce better vaper. I would love Kanger clearos if they weren't so crack pipish looking ...

And me no likey SmokTech dual coil LR XL cartos .... I would like to try the Mega Dual Coils because I need something that is equal in diameter and proportian to my Ego ... hate using small cartos on my Ego because its not aesthetically pleasing to look at :p

Looking forward to trying some smokymizer's very soon and pray to goodness that they don't suck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread