• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best carto in average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
It does indeed. Those resurrectors are going to kick .... on your new pipe!

Do you use a carto tank? I have a smoktech 6.5ml one coming that should arrive at the same time as my pipe. I'm excited to try both.

The stem I bought was so handsome I had to get it, but now I see it's the bigger eGo size one. I'll have to do some McGuyvering with a 510 drip tip, Dremel, and some heat tubing to get them together.

I'm getting two drip tips with the pipe I bought too, one of the long ones, and one a shorter one but I believe they are also made to fit the ego mega size cartos. I have some of those lying around, and will probably put them to use on the pipe.. until I can get a regular 510 type solution in place..

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
If you are a diehard Kanger fan, do yourself a favour and don't try the SmokTech 1.7's. You won't go back.. use at your own risk. You've been warned!!

:D :D Thanks for the warning, Dusty. hee, hee. Actually the V510's are giving them a run for their money but ... I may just have to order some of those to run a comparison test myself. Must say ... you have my curiousity peaked and I hate to appear inflexible, you know?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
:D :D Thanks for the warning, Dusty. hee, hee. Actually the V510's are giving them a run for their money but ... I may just have to order some of those to run a comparison test myself. Must say ... you have my curiousity peaked and I hate to appear inflexible, you know?

Unlike me you mean?! :)

My theory! Try everything at least twice. If you try and try and don't succeed, stick to what you know works..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I used to be a big carto fan .... they were a great product. So many better products on the market these days.
I never did understand the good reviews that the SmokeTech cartos get ,,, they are absolute garbage.
After using clearomizers, tanks, if I try a carto I want to puke.

To answer your question: Boge 2.0 ohms

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I'm with RolandPibb, and speaking from experience, nothing comes close to the SmokTech 1.7 single coil on a 3.7 device. Hard hitting and lasts a long time (juice dependent ofcourse)!

I've done the whole range of dual coils, boges, kangers and my preference would be the Smoktech 1.7 Single Coils, also known as the Resurrectors.

I just received these yesterday, 2 boxes to try out. I filled one up and it vapes good for about 5 hauls and then burnt taste. Filled again, same thing. Is this normal with these? I'm not sure I want to open another one because if they're all like then I'm either sending them back if I can or selling them.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mean totally fill it again... just top it off because it tastes terrible. I will try with a syringe.

You should be able to get 1.7 to 2mls in one and should not be able to "top it off" with any juice after only 5 or 6 pulls. I suggest letting it sit for 10 mins after the initial syringe fill.

Don't forget, you're now vaping @ over 8 watts, some juice may not taste that good at that output.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I just received these yesterday, 2 boxes to try out. I filled one up and it vapes good for about 5 hauls and then burnt taste. Filled again, same thing. Is this normal with these? I'm not sure I want to open another one because if they're all like then I'm either sending them back if I can or selling them.

Chell, what voltage are you using these on?! The behavior you have described is completely opposite from my experience with these.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I took your advise Dusty and purchased a couple packs of the 1.7 single coils. Interesed to see how my After Eight and Geoffs Blend tastes on these. Quick question, do you run a tank with your carto?

No tanks for me. I had bought a gorgeous all steel tank from VaporAge, and sold it to after using it a couple days to another Canuck. I prefer having my cartos in a drip-shield and topping off as I go. That being said, I only use bottom feeders when on the move or in the car. The dripping is only for at home and while I'm at work.

Hope the cartos work for you & please remember to provide feedback on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread