Best for the buck single coil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Doggy style clone. fasttech is now selling a bunch of different ones, and each one has slightly different airflow options. It's going to be MTL, but at around $14, I will say it delivers flavor.

Most folks using them are using clones, the originals are almost impossible to get. The Ares gets pretty good reviews for flavor, too.

Anna

mschecter

May 17, 2018
Doggy style clone. Fasttech is now selling a bunch of different ones, and each one has slightly different airflow options. It's going to be MTL, but at around $14, I will say it delivers flavor.

Most folks using them are using clones, the originals are almost impossible to get. The Ares gets pretty good reviews for flavor, too.

Anna
thank you

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
There's a DL version of the Dvarw RTA which has good people's high praise.
Also the MTL. Shoot, I'm getting one to see how it is.

Dvarw MTL RTA by Coppervape (clone)
Ask @ToolmanTexas
Thanks @ShowerHead

Yes, the Dvarw with the 1mm air insert has quickly risen into my top 3 MTL RTAs (I've had almost every high-end/low-end MTL RTA).

Flavor is on the extreme high-end, building and wicking is very simple (Kayfun mini V3 style), I haven't been able to get it to leak or gurgle. Can get PC, ultem or SS tanks. Air inserts to accommodate any style of MTL draw. I dig the simplistic look.

It is bottom fill which to me is a non-issue.

My 2c.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hi,
Like the topic says I'm looking for a tank to play with single coil builds. I'm mainly a flavor chaser.
Thanks in advance,

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

It is hard for me to choose just one.... Siren V2, Dvarw and SXK Doggystyle provide great flavor...

Siren is easiest to build and allow you to use many more different wire/ID combinations but is the best when AF is fully open so for extremely tight draw lovers is not so good but if you love easy draw and relatively big cloud of dense and flavorful vapor Siren can be the best bang for a buck.

Dvarw is highly customizable.... it has removable under coil inserts (0.8, 1.0,1.5,2.0,2.5mm), three different tank sizes 2.0ml, 3.5ml, 5.0 ml with choice of PC or Ultem... it also has 2 options to wicking part of chimney (2 small round holes or 2 larger oval holes) I use high vg juice and often chain vape so really preffer those 2 big oval openings... when I used smaller I got no dry hit but amount of vapor when chain vaping was much smaller and tank heated much faster... one thing that can be seen by some people as negative is lack of adjustable AF ring but for me it is no problem... after I choose the right for me AF insert draw is perfect without messing with AF ring... on my doggy the only reason I keep it on tank is esthetics and I always check if it is opened fully... what really matters is hole under coil. The only thing I do not like on Dvarw is its look... flavor though is just slightly better than on Siren and Doggystyle.

Doggy offer great flavor, great look and greatest simplicity the only negative is for me a little too tight draw and similarly like Dvarw smaller options to size of coils and a little more difficult building that on siren.

All three are excellent choices...

I would like to try some other tanks but it is hard for me to justify any more purchases as those three plus also excellent for loose MTL and DTL original Uwell Crown meet all my needs... I still have two Nautilus2 tanks plus couple more tanks I almost never use (smok baby beast, Mello3, egoOne with CLR coils, Wasp Nano RDTA, original big Nautilus). It is clear I got "shinyitis disease" and I am looking desperately for a way to cure it :w00t:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
i just bought a taifun gt clone for 5 bucks! tastes great and does not leak. apart from the 1950's soviet block styling, and the enormous size, it's actually the best tank i have ever had. i use a serpent mini for out and about, but the little bastid still springs a leak now and then.
One of the classics that just keeps on getting it done.

There used to be a ton of nano kits for the GT on FT but they are all discontinued now but you might be able to find some if you search around:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

This will turn it into a dripper:
http://www.vividsmoke.com/taifun-gt-nano-kit.html

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread