Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I'm leaning more towards the quick and easy Aspire NX75 + innokin zlide. A step up from the Zelos, but without turning it all into a hobby (with the expensive gear). Maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't think the difference would be all that significant.

Also, I don't vape TV, I set my Zelos on 14W with a 1.8 ohm coil and kept it like that for a year haha.

That being said, I'll look at videos on how to build coils and decide whether I want to spend time on that. If it truly is a huge difference, I might change my mind. Ideally, if someone tried both kayfun and Zenith/Zlide for MTL, I'd like to hear their opinion.

My $300 mod gives me the same vape as my $40 mod. The difference in mod cost isn't in performance. It's in aesthetic, build quality, reliability, and after sales support.

My $140 RDA does perform better than my $20 drop in coil tank. But the 7 time increase in price does not equate to a 7 time increase in performance.

example of a custom stabwood mod 21700 dna75c would you really buy a dicodes over one like this?
View attachment 811999 View attachment 812001

Also my jam. I also don't get why someone would spend money on a mass produced chinese stabwood mod (e.g. the Asmodus stuff) when they can get a hand made mod with high quality stabwood for roughly the same price.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly there is no reason to not get the mod you want with drop in coils. I do not always use my DNA mods in temp control but they still produce a better vape (IMHO anyway). Since you are in the UK, you might want to consider a Jaq B sandstorm or whatever it is they have going now (full disclosure, I don't own one but most folks love theirs.)

There are benefits to getting reasonably priced, middle of the road vapes early on in my opinion. Especially if you are going to go the RTA route, because most likely to start you may have some leakage. The Siren V2 is an easy place to start and it is a good vape and WAAAY easier to set up than the Kayfuns. I don't use my Prime Clone and to be fair I have not yet fully taken the time to try to make it "shine" so to speak but it IS an Awfully expensive gamble on something you may not like. Although you'd have plenty of folks willing to help out.

I just have enough other RTAs to make me happy to rush it. I might suggest something slightly higher end that makes you happy, that you actually stick a drop in coil tank on, and something more budget that like, you can experiment with RTAs on.

But that is just me, do what you must. I have a dicodes and I love it. Stabwood does not do much for me because well, its primary value is cosmetic (and yeah, usually the internals are good due to price and all) but I'm not the kind of person who buys designer handbags either.

Best of luck deciding!

Anna

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I'm leaning more towards the quick and easy Aspire NX75 + Innokin Zlide...

Please note that there are several NX75 mods. The NX75 is just a typical mod. I recommended the NX75A. The NX75A is ridiculously overbuilt with CNC machined aluminum and a hard wearing anodized finish as well as upgraded USB-C. They are discontinued but there are still some available.

NX75 (also called NX75-Z) -- painted zinc alloy, micro-usb
NX75-A -- CNC machined aluminum, usb-c, silicone case
NX75-S -- CNC machined stainless steel, usb-c, silicone case

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Since you are in the UK, you might want to consider a Jaq B sandstorm or whatever it is they have going now (full disclosure, I don't own one but most folks love theirs.)

Didn't realize the OP was in the UK.

The Jac Vapour Series B is good choice. It is tall and it has a plated zinc alloy finish but it's a nice mod with a lot of followers. Use coupon code ECR69 for a nice discount.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I must admit I like the look of the Lost Vape Mirage. I guess it just depends if you want single 18650/20700/21700 or whether you want more power and battery life with a dual 18650 setup.

When I buy mods durability is one of the first things I look for. Nothing worse than shelling out for an expensive device that gets damaged by the first minor knock. Aegis Legend is reasonably priced, solidly built and offers up to 200W of power. But maybe you'd prefer something with more bling.

As for high end tanks I would say it's risky to buy anything that you've never tried. Get a couple of decent clones from Fasttech, do a few builds, vape them and then see if you want to support the original manufacturer by buying the authentic.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It would be a bit of a poor match, even worse I would think is not using TC on a Dicodes.

Nope. Not a concern at all. Dicodes VW works great, actually. Up there with the best ever, if not the best ever (which I think it just may be). :vapor:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Svoemesto Kayfun 2019 Lite, and the Svoemesto Kayfun Prime sitting on top of the Lost Vape Mirage DNA 75 C and the ProtoVapor XPV DNA 75 C.

IMG_20190425_185843.jpg

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
@DPLongo22, don't have any issues with folks using wattage with Dicodes. Just I've heard that TC on them surpasses Evolv chipset.
Curious as to where you heard the Dicodes TC surpasses Evolv's TC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi everyone,

I've been using the Aspire Zelos 50W kit (with the Nautilus 2 tank) for a year now and I'm willing to invest a bit more and get something better.

I've been looking at the Innokin Zenith and the Kayfun V5/Prime tanks. Regarding mods, I looked at the Lost Vape Mirage DNA75c, as well as the Vaporesso Armour Pro and the Aspire Skystar.

What do you think is the best combination?

Thank you! :)

If you want to go high end iconic...what about a billet box DNA 60 with the Insider RBA MTL version. I haven't used it myself but it's supposed to be the bees knees from what i've been hearing....there's a never ending line of drop in mtl coil options too....hope this helps :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dicodes has stabwood options, you know. Then you can like, have the best of both worlds. It will set you back a fair bit, but like, if that is your DREAM who am I to deny it. With that said with experience comes more skill at maintaining your mods (usually, I may be an exception to that, although I do think I have improved.)

If someone had gotten me a high end mod early in my vaping career, well, I would have been fearful. Even MORE so had I BOUGHT it, etc.

Best of luck deciding,
Anna

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Dicodes has stabwood options, you know. Then you can like, have the best of both worlds. It will set you back a fair bit, but like, if that is your DREAM who am I to deny it. With that said with experience comes more skill at maintaining your mods (usually, I may be an exception to that, although I do think I have improved.)

If someone had gotten me a high end mod early in my vaping career, well, I would have been fearful. Even MORE so had I BOUGHT it, etc.

Best of luck deciding,
Anna
dicodes stabwood tbh look like cheap blocks were used to make them plus they are $400-500 :D
wp_ss_20190427_0001.png

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Okay, so for now, I have two options in mind:

Cheaper and more practical: Zenith + Aspire NX75.
More expensive and finicky: Kayfun Prime + Dicodes Dani Box 80W.

So,my question now is: do I really need the expensive option? Or will the cheaper one be sufficient?

Thanks to everyone for helping me out! :)

dicodes made me want to slash my wrists

if they sit without use for over an hour, there is an 0.6 second firing delay. This was a deal breaker for me

BUT the draw is buttery. They have the smoothest draw around.

also, any mod can do MTL, IIRC the DNA250 has a minimum setting of 1 watt

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not buying any stabwood dicodes I like the plain black ones.

To be fair, that pic doesn't do all of them justice, the individual ones etc.

But, I had to decide I hated stabwood early in my vaping CAREER I MEAN there is only so much vape purchasing one woman can make.

That's probably untrue, but that is what I tell me..

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread