Best high-end MTL mod and tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'm leaning more towards the quick and easy Aspire NX75 + innokin zlide. A step up from the Zelos, but without turning it all into a hobby (with the expensive gear). Maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't think the difference would be all that significant.

Also, I don't vape TV, I set my Zelos on 14W with a 1.8 ohm coil and kept it like that for a year haha.

That being said, I'll look at videos on how to build coils and decide whether I want to spend time on that. If it truly is a huge difference, I might change my mind. Ideally, if someone tried both Kayfun and Zenith/Zlide for MTL, I'd like to hear their opinion.

I've yet to see anything equal the Kayfun Prime, but if you're unsure about building you might want to try it out with something like the EHPro True instead of a Kayfun. While the True doesn't match the Prime, it's a very good RTA at about 1/5 the cost.

I generally use the Prime at home and the Zenith when out and about. It's not a direct comparison because I use the Prime in TC mode on a DNA mod and the Zenith in wattage mode on a cheaper mod. I like both setups, but I have to say that the Prime is miles ahead of the Zenith. Part of that will be the TC, but part is because it's simply a better setup.

I agree with those who've said that the value of a DNA or Dicodes mod really comes through on TC. If you're planning to stick to wattage mode there are better ways to spend your money.

The Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75 is my go-to mod. It's one of the less expensive DNA mods. Its appearance is fine, but not overly impressive - nothing like the stabwood mods above. I selected it for its performance in TC, and on those grounds it's worth every penny.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
dicodes made me want to slash my wrists

if they sit without use for over an hour, there is an 0.6 second firing delay. This was a deal breaker for me

BUT the draw is buttery. They have the smoothest draw around.

also, any mod can do MTL, IIRC the DNA250 has a minimum setting of 1 watt

I tilted my head when I read your post because I'd never recognized that before. I then grabbed my Dani Extreme V2 (tube) and hit it. Honestly - there was no delay.

I've never noticed it on either of my box Minis either, but now I'm going to be tuned in.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen it on more than one mod (because I have to wonder)?

I'm not buying any stabwood dicodes I like the plain black ones.

To be fair, that pic doesn't do all of them justice, the individual ones etc.

But, I had to decide I hated stabwood early in my vaping CAREER I MEAN there is only so much vape purchasing one woman can make.

That's probably untrue, but that is what I tell me..

Anna

Stabwood. Blech.

Give me a good stainless steel (or titanium, or almost any quality metal) every day of the week.

I hear that taste is subjective (or something like that). ;)

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Just out of curiosity, have you seen it on more than one mod (because I have to wonder)?

i only tried one, but it drove krisma nuts too. She is also picky with delay. And phil busardo measured it in 2 reviews, which is why i could quantify it as 0.6 seconds (dna75 is 0.3, and more tolerable to me)

it is only once they hit deep sleep, for battery saving purposes

hope that helps.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
My $300 mod gives me the same vape as my $40 mod. The difference in mod cost isn't in performance. It's in aesthetic, build quality, reliability, and after sales support.

Below is my "high end setup" ;)... total cost with free shipping was less than $33 ($12 mod and $21.69 for tank)... I have over dozen different RTAs but this clone of Hussar Project X (original cost way over $100) is definitively one of my best atty... only my EVL Reaper (on second pic) can compete with Hussar.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/....-tdDoGNg7JXSrIqD58zdiO9Fnlzy-QAMEaUWoUPgUb09AKTBc3j6EQVSAKGTtER5Ki9Iqqc-2Hsd3JXeFbAAcJr9Cv36rJIrPCnfAfIgomgnxqeidQwiIRDQhnMQoVV4BfZwuYOCjsXWXrl50H-fJCD6VJMKoPHEE4w4XRMcn4N93E2XewzuFjJZlyIf1994MsXWp7KJt0x1gef7kCJMxfdJ0_WEjvJZBzkAvsHNjWrLyf8xIMxlHw8kMA3nai0l-U2N6hbVt_2MzswW7w7nQKE4L0Uk2iS0a8MDS_5JS81ZZNDwAKTiFxFmlmCix97726MazC7UpcR1q-9kMM8G5mSimOnq0kWVRcgQ5U6NZGgZ28-Gmg1BpelZC4yLBucoaxmPxDq7Q7pozenM3WBb1yqJTSvFMZJ19Efpbs5s-RBqWLaAQYZuf5_YhU2y1RioPyGkj_jwbEk-owrvaa1KJkKPDODVJWz5OazwtQHPC36Fk_ClNKnEG82s0d7oC3A5_VAa9RzgdfMlrCZ0HEWxQwb_o52PRgqz02jaadpUE2j-H-esIlByKj5D3FWV0zX71qRtuCnsubX0SUIYfekm8WKKLKQ4bzW0u7Np2uKF4PS8Jm1HtYPzQ-dagJXAjoI4Z6k9Q3mDzsN5pEMugukV9Azm2Gw=w623-h977-no

m1LNRi6_so_yUm1dKp0YwogsWJGKj8sMyJ6AbBROwbIqgalt_opSmEkYGX673YeKYo5nf5oyGLrIfGpZMPANLM8y4drjieuDZs5wN0iA-hJArpnsOBGmy8NKD_KBSRX7BXkLscWXqoMdLmjy60q6Sq9YyI9u0R5kGYEDnRIi4b95V25DalAXX9Vs4GPT9F2la6-vmsCQpoLA5lBm0PyRej5z6bSNSTqdCr9uQLomt8SH_Il-o8oqNS0K2ZB7i3Q-ghmv9jIleh0PWzeVQhFCRdmYo5HZdPhXdJrigdltL6CJov1kC2u1V8iAOUogOigIJUr2WaWHHEy06O1CMQ-qOufnbA96TQEGgM44ZUD9WmOAZsh3DZ06UzsmpMs9zOCGLtvFJbslwdiI5Clbo9zB9i7YsNL-DfOoOSDbugAbdoXdK5V76qbSEMYdFnkJtHU7Pd63TqyHlChz1hljqgBroK-Zbpbxz8rza__iyVq_RkYThaG3tI33AEs-fT9aoqvVnoWWsq6kzp_gBM7NOxEXZ9Qqb4mGDJwzCjHybcrlH7SgaV_izEY-mppqMA8o_D82EaI0NP-PJA3jhUbqTSuQ8TdZKx5QyRwyuD_F7pYe8afvTPE0Ifl4w6APITkLjwfCB-Q46gAoX-ovkfDnAyKZduLKeCgYMEY=w551-h977-no

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
If these manufacturers had any idea about real quality they'd have been stabilizing bog wood...

It's sort of funny to use the word "quality" to describe wood that needs to be stabilized with plastic so that it doesn't fall apart. ;)

It is a nice decorative wood.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
If these manufacturers had any idea about real quality they'd have been stabilizing bog wood ( Bog-wood - Wikipedia ) from the start.
i had a mod made from 3000 year old bog wood

other woods are harder wearing, unfortunately lots of them are endangered, like african blackwood

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i only tried one, but it drove krisma nuts too. She is also picky with delay. And phil busardo measured it in 2 reviews, which is why i could quantify it as 0.6 seconds (dna75 is 0.3, and more tolerable to me)

it is only once they hit deep sleep, for battery saving purposes

hope that helps.

Thanks Doffy. And tell XX that @Katdarling and I said "Hi!". :)

I guess I'm not much of a discerning vaper, after all (not a clue, I). Oh well... :lol:

Sure does taste good, it does, it does. :cool:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Thanks Doffy. And tell XX that @Katdarling and I said "Hi!". :)

I guess I'm not much of a discerning vaper, after all (not a clue, I). Oh well... [emoji38]

Sure does taste good, it does, it does. :cool:
Will do. But I think she is mostly focused on art these days, and happy with her collection. It's a special occasion when even Aussie forum gets a visit

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ya know, you might want to like, think of the other non-discerning users who never noticed a delay UNTIL NOW.

I'm kidding actually I might be a vape savant because when I picked that sucker up and vaped it, the first time, I hit the fire button FIRST.

Unless it was chronically tooth infection induced like suggestion or something, I won't deny that.

NOT after doing my left over notes!! Oh, that made me realize that while I am not exactly ER worthy, I sort of would like a week on a relaxing BEACH somewhere to RECOVER or something. I broke into a cold sweat when I entered my vape supply dressing room and realized ALL I had to do tomorrow. Including assemble clothes.

I might go on Monday to the dentist after all.... Which makes me break out in a cold sweat ALSO because if they have to drill through any of my implant bone and pack it with fake bone, I will want to die.

And at that point, the "resting" bit will not be optional, either. I no longer have the safe green card, either and that's kind of not helpful.

Oh well, I talked to the kid and transferred him some money and like that was fun as a mommy and it did make the REST of the notes a bit more palatable and I also can afford some FAKE bone if it need it because I am not doing cadaver bone. Not in this STATE.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ya know, you might want to like, think of the other non-discerning users who never noticed a delay UNTIL NOW.

Nope. I clearly don't qualify. I finally gave up trying to find it. I think I ended up with a nic buzz (which hasn't happened in 6 or 7 years!).

Going back to just enjoying my vape without thinking about it. It's been working for this long, so why change now(?).

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
.6 seconds for the Dani Boxes to FIRE??????????????

Good Gawd, I'm a gonna have to throw mine away now!!!!!!!!!

HU NU!!!!!!
Only after deep sleep

Iirc, the maximum amount of time you can set the bf60 to maintain a heartbeat is 60 minutes. But I could be wrong.

Napping is something I do well. With mod beside pillow. It needs to be ready always for me

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
It's sort of funny to use the word "quality" to describe wood that needs to be stabilized with plastic so that it doesn't fall apart. ;)

LOL! Hilariously true, 25!

Only after deep sleep

Iirc, the maximum amount of time you can set the bf60 to maintain a heartbeat is 60 minutes. But I could be wrong.

Napping is something I do well. With mod beside pillow. It needs to be ready always for me

Welp, Doffy, I may just be a bit more casual of a vaper and napper than you. I have no klue what is a "bf60" and I never notice a delay in ANY of my devices. Primer puffs rock. ;)

Reactions: smoked25years

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Only after deep sleep

I've always heard you Aussies were much more relaxed than us uptight Yanks, Doff, but if a 3/10 of a second difference takes you from wrist-slashing to satisfaction, well, the rumours are untrue.

;)

I'm very pleased with both the Dicodes and the DNA chips, along with a handful of others that I find quite good these days of quality vape. The times, they have a'changed (thank you, Mr. Zimmerman). :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread