Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm use to the small deck as the only RTA's I have are Kayfuns. I view the Prime as a mini V5 with juice control and air flow adjustments just a smaller build deck. Actually from what I've read two turns opens the juice flow to fully opened and the Kayfun takes care of the juice flow. I haven't had issues with liquid leaking out of the 510 screw. I do vape at 20 to 25 watts with 70% vg, but I use TC so I'm never going to get a dry hit. If the Prime isn't getting enough juice I know it when taking a puff as the mod won't deliver much power if any to the coil. Yes then I just shut and reopen the juice control and those bubbles come up and I'm back to vaping. It's not perfect but it close to it. :)
I'm really just talking about newbs, specifically to the OP . I love all my kayfuns and to me and users like you that have had them a while, its something that we can do almost blindfolded. I guess my original point was for newbs who aren't even sure they want to do rebuildables, there are rtas that are definitely a little easier to master a bit quicker...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I'm really just talking about newbs, specifically to the OP . I love all my kayfuns and to me and users like you that have had them a while, its something that we can do almost blindfolded. I guess my original point was for newbs who aren't even sure they want to do rebuildables, there are rtas that are definitely a little easier to master a bit quicker...

Like a nKFL?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Reactions: stols001

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Love the Prime. Love the Prime's juice flow control. Love the Prime's top fill.

But, if you really wanted to bottom fill the Prime, it is possible with a syringe. The 2019 Lite essentially made those ports larger for bottom filling... which also eliminated the ability to adjust the flow.

A lot of atomizers borrow heavily from the design of the Kayfuns. For example, the Berserker stole much of the design but got rid of the juice flow control and simplified the air flow adjustment. Some like it... but many have resorted to bottom filling because the top fill causes leaks... Eliminating juice flow control has down sides.

I happen to like the ability to adjust the flow (in addition to the ability to shut it completely for top filling). It's a smart design.

View attachment 813007
I have no issues with my Prime whatsoever. Btw, thx for the little tip on topping off/refilling. I'm not sure anything is perfect but I have no complaints with the Prime. I wouldn't mind having another and getting an extension. I'm also enjoying the Zeta. Little complaints there, as well, but think it should have an extension.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Just threw it over to ya!

Oh ZAZIE!!!!!!! You were so klose... ;)

iu
Story of my life. Should be my epitaph.

• Agree
Reactions: muth

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I have no issues with my Prime whatsoever. Btw, thx for the little tip on topping off/refilling. I'm not sure anything is perfect but I have no complaints with the Prime. I wouldn't mind having another and getting an extension. I'm also enjoying the Zeta. Little complaints there, as well, but think it should have an extension.

Bottom fill is possible but I always top fill. Lately, I've just been dumping straight from a stock bottle. Haha!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I'm enjoying my old kayfun lite five pawns edition with my mark bugs amulet dna75.. running only 16 watts with five pawns castle long 12mg..
I have the same five pawns edition and I use to vape castle long. If I remember correctly it wasn't in stock much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Join some high end groups on Facebook. I'm in some groups where they x1 5g mods lol.crazy hand made sqounk mods with crazy designs carved into them and no they're not going to be found on any page just secret groups . Try to start at templario mods and work your way from there. Lol good luck it's a crazy world.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Today's setup is the hypnostick mod with pico rta.. besides the dicode and dna chip,the starplatz chip is actually nice..
I have a few starplatt chip mods and like them alot. They are in my cheaper version stratums (vaproline). One doesnt even have any wattage buttons, only fire and you do the tilt thing to change everything

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Can someone explain how a Kayfun Prime is finicky?
Just saw your comment.. think it was me that said finky. Toooo explain, I am 82 and shake alot...use 3 power magnifier to rebulid...so for me the Kayfon is finky comared to my Aires RTA, also mine is a SSK clone and the post screws refused to capture anything higher then 26ga. IMO RTA's like the Aires are way easier to use and build on .

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Join some high end groups on Facebook. I'm in some groups where they x1 5g mods lol.crazy hand made sqounk mods with crazy designs carved into them and no they're not going to be found on any page just secret groups . Try to start at templario mods and work your way from there. Lol good luck it's a crazy world.
I'm in some groups where they frantically x1 mods that I wouldn't pee on. Hard to get doesn't make it good imo

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will never join a FB group for a mod.

It is my humble, non user of social media opinion that like, FB is for well, the special. I wouldn't buy from anyone who used FB as their platform.

I am not KNOCKING the products, or even those who choose to like, do their vape thing there, that's all fine with me. I'm just not going to support FB I believe it may be humanity's downfall if left unchecked.

It's just probably a pet peeve of mine. I don't mind buying some high end stuff at ALL if it's great. But I just am not gonna do custom, at least at that level.

Anna

Robert Morgan

May 16, 2019
10 years of vaping experience - KayFun 5 22mm for MTL
KayFun 5 25mm for DL vaping - SXK clone same quality vape
Elean ikuu 200 mod for all day battery life and will be 0.1 ohm accuracy to show you the voltage you need to put 4 volts to your coil.
Use stainless steel wire 27g (lightning vapes)
wrap 11 or 12 times around 3.0mm rod gives approx 1.0 olm coil
fire it at 14 to 16 watts with juice 60/40 or 70/30
Now enjoy what vaping is really all about

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I'm in some groups where they frantically x1 mods that I wouldn't pee on. Hard to get doesn't make it good imo
Says the guy who shops strictly at fasttech omg thats great good one buddy thats funny.i use to buy all my stuff from fasttech and and swear by it too.its ok,but then i found out that a quality mod/rta/rda is way cheaper then weekly buying Spree's on fasttech.plus I was talking to the op that was obviously trying to ask a question and that's what i thought we was all here for not to hate on what one another like and don't like.but you keep on window shopping for stuff to piss on ok buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread