Best tank for under $25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOlNoob

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Ohio
I'm looking for a new tank for my ego c upgrade. I've used the kanger t3 which I didn't like for its plastic drip tip. I then tried a protank 2 which tasted terrible and I absolutely hated. I now use an iclear 30 which I like because its the only tank that will vape 100% vg which I've gotten big into but I don't like the mouthpiece which keeps getting fluid in it and is unchangeable. My friend has an aspire nautilus which I thought was very nice but I'm not trying to spend 35 on a tank unless Its the lAst tank i buy for a while and if it can vape 100% vg. So does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a protank 3 because its popular but it better not have that metallic taste from any burning rubber.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
You are probably filling it too high, Causing it to gurgle and then get fluid into the mouthpiece. I vape 100vg in my iClear and never get fluid in my mouthpiece. Don't over fill it past 3.0 and you should be fine.

otherwise My Aerotank is a beast for 20bucks on ebay. Rebuilt it with cotton and this thing bangs hard.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Halfling on Spinner.jpg IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg

IBTanked pyrex cartotanks.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
If you liked the nautilus, the Kanger Aerotank might be to your liking (although it pushes the limit of your $25 cap). It's much better than the protank, if for no other reason than the air flow control (like the nautilus).

Also, aspire makes a line of tanks, not just the nautilus. All are cheaper than their flagship tank and their dual bottom coil designs get good press.

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
my advice would be save your money and learn how to dry burn and rebuild the protank coils . i did mine using 32 guage kanthal and 2mm silica wick the difference in taste is night and day from the premade kanger coils providing you burn everything thoroughly before use . also if you were having trouble with a "metallic" taste from the protank this can be fixed by soaking over night in a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. i was iffy on the ones i got at first and now i love em. still looking to try new things tho.also the kanger aero base can be had for $5 making for a nice cheap upgrade to a protank .

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I like the Aerotank as well. How long ago was it when you got the burning rubber taste from a Kanger head? Kanger has changed from rubber to silicon on their new heads.

Another winner is the PT II $14.00 with the the Aerotank base $6.00. I have 4 set up this way and never experienced any metallic or burnt rubber taste. Some have reported a metallic taste coming from left over machining oil used in the manufacturing process. Cleaning it will take care of this.

The HyperTank is another nice choice in your price range. I like to add air flow control to my HyperTanks. http://www.smoktek.com/Tank-Airflow-Controller_p_571.html

Last edited:

diab0lik

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
Murder Mitten
If you liked the nautilus, the Kanger Aerotank might be to your liking (although it pushes the limit of your $25 cap). It's much better than the protank, if for no other reason than the air flow control (like the nautilus).

Also, aspire makes a line of tanks, not just the nautilus. All are cheaper than their flagship tank and their dual bottom coil designs get good press.

Just bought an Aerotank off ebay for $20 shipped last night.

Authentic Kanger Aerotank Air Flow Control Dual Coil with Serial from Vapingtown | eBay

bcameron

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Canada
Here is what I have and in order of what I like:

Aspire Nautilus - Fantastic! I use this for my all day juice. Glass tank. Not cheap but worth it. (1.6 ohms) ~$35
Aspire Vivi Nova Glass tank(and a some mini Vivi Novas as well) - Second best. No airflow control but I find I don't need it with these. (1.8ohm) ~$12 and ~ $10 for mini
Kanger Aero Tank - Not fantastic but good. Without the airflow control I wouldn't bother with Protanks. I wish they had lower ohm coils. (2.0ohm) ~$24
Aspire BDC - These were my first and I like them a lot but they are plastic. I prefer glass for cleaning and changing e-juice. If they weren't plastic I would put them above the Kanger. (1.8ohm) ~$6.

As you can tell I am really loving the Aspires. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the models and they are priced very well. Also the dual coil replacement are not to expensive. I believe ~$10 for 5. And the replacement coils can be used on any of the Aspire models except the Nautilus. The Nautilus coils are ~20 for 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread