Better pic of Apollo SS V tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
So I guess the polished stainless steel ProVari's are fake as well ?

d5cde90f-beb5-6291.jpg d5cdea8f-bec9-e629.jpg

These are not the chrome option btw.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Guess what? That's not stainless steel, it's chrome plating!

Anybody that has an SS mod in their possession already knows that SS is a machined metal and it won't matter how much you polish it, SS will NOT have a mirror finish...

Why do you think car accessories are made from chrome plating?

Because chrome is a lot more inexpensive than polished SS and probably a lot lighter

Because chrome has a mirror finish....

So if you guys get your "SS VTube" and you can trim your nose hair in the mirror finish and there's no machining markings on it......it ain't Stainless Steel!

Most likely the LibertyFlights ones are chrome plated but they do make polished SS with a mirror finish. I believe the Apollo ones are not the quality SS that will have a mirror finish though.

MARKSTAAR - 1" O.D. Polished Stainless Steel Tubing - Product Details

Polished SS
40-A110-polished-stainless-steel-tube_LRG.jpg

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Most likely the LibertyFlights ones are chrome plated but they do make polished SS with a mirror finish. I believe the Apollo ones are not the quality SS that will have a mirror finish though.

I stand corrected. :oops:

But L-Rider has yet to confirm that stainless steel LT bodies are even in production....

And Volcano doesn't know about it either!??

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I stand corrected. :oops:

But L-Rider has yet to confirm that stainless steel LT bodies are even in production....

And Volcano doesn't know about it either!??

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Yeah I'm not buying one right now..maybe in 6 months once I'm sure of the quality of them (plus I just bought a black one and a bunch of other stuff so I'm good awhile)..also I really don't want a tube with a logo engraved on it if I have a choice. I'm sure there will be lots of SS ones in the future because there is a market for them and it probably only add a little to the cost really.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Aaahhhh, but here's what I've been looking for...the magic answer!

84782d1331788737-news-about-new-apollo-stainless-steel-vtube-vtube-ss2.jpg

Now THAT looks like stainless steel....

The 'other' photos are definitely chrome.

Hmmmm, might have to get me a few hundred of those! :D

What's strange is that the other photo has been called stainless steel, and it's apparently what the SS will look like (according to apollo reps).

Either way, atleast we know that differentiation is possible between the two. I guess we aren't sure just how "polished" the SS will be until we get it. I personally hope it's not TOO matte.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Shekinahsgroom have you started any more co-op for the lavatube. Seems I remember you starting one before and then canceling it after a lot of time and posts? ....... Co-Op Interest for L-Rider Lavatubes for $30 each unit!!!

Was this not you that ran this before?

Yeah, I still get the last laugh! :D (Cough, cough...AT COST!!)

Nice of you to broadcast that though....

Like 400 people ain't enough for me already!?

L-Rider just confirmed they're producing the SS and they're available for sale, right now.

Getting quotes as I type and trying to get confirmation if the new regulator is also available.

This one pictured might be the same 2.5amp, but their beefed up version was scheduled to be released in July.

I had 1 stinking, measly mini LT left to be reserved in my Co-Op, before closing reservations....and now this!

Gawd...more work!?

charmgraphics

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
nc
Are you saying that you are going to try and sell these SS tubes now in a co-op? The same ones that you have been telling us how stupid we would be for buying? I wish you the best; I was just trying to see where you were coming from and why you were so set against the Apollo mod.

Anyway I’m out of here. Happy vipeing!

edit .....I sorry ...I found your co-op you have going. You were selling the old style until today? Now I can see says the blind man.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Are you saying that you are going to try and sell these SS tubes now in a co-op? The same ones that you have been telling us how stupid we would be for buying? I wish you the best; I was just trying to see where you were coming from and why you were so set against the Apollo mod.

Anyway I’m out of here. Happy vipeing!

Based on the photographs posted, YES...you'd be crazy to buy a scratch 'n' magnet that'll slip outa your hand like wet soap; chrome-plated copper!

Naw, I'm not a supplier....I'm a non-profit Co-Op host where everybody gets everything at cost.

Aluminum body LT's are actually $20/ea, so you can imagine the mark-up for resellers.

But I didn't come in this thread to broadcast my Co-Op, I came in here to determine if people were getting screwed!

Cuz the photographs being posted and the information at the time....SCREAMED "Chrome-Plated".

The chrome version, eh, eh....worthless, can't hang onto it.

Maybe they'll release their beefed up regulator that was scheduled for release in July?

The one that's supposed to match the Provari in output amperage....

We'll see I guess.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Shek, I'm in for the coop in July for the beefed up version, if you do decide to run one.

Could you kindly post their response to you, for everyone's curiosity's sake?

Were they vague at all?

L-Rider being vague?

LOL

If you consider one word replies as being vague, then yeah....that would be a good analogy. ;)

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
For the record... I have a feeling the SS tube wont be as polished as in the picture on the apollo website, however SS can be polished to a mirror finish. If it is and gets scratched, its easy to fix.. or just let it end up brushed?! lol

Shekinahsgroom, you are right that nickel/chromium chrome plating is more common but this is because you can use a cheaper metal and electroplate nickel / chromium to chrome it. funny part is that chromium and nickel are what help make stainless, well stain-less (even the most common 300 grade)! Even 300 grade stainless can be nearly mirror polished, and for comparison..

DSC_0498text.jpg

Chosen_1

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
Hawaii
Why the fuss on if its stainless or not!? If it outputs the the same amp as a regular Lt, then its like getting a hot blonde with no brain.... Obviously everyone is just getting caught up in all this hype.

I was going to get one until shek, had talked me out of it... (thats a good thing).. My mind is s set on the 24k provari! One more month til I got the extra money to blow, I know its going to be hard to not get scratches on it but it'll out do my lt and yours along with the ss version all together....

This is definitely my opinion.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
Why the fuss on if its stainless or not!? If it outputs the the same amp as a regular Lt, then its like getting a hot blonde with no brain.... Obviously everyone is just getting caught up in all this hype.

I was going to get one until shek, had talked me out of it... (thats a good thing).. My mind is s set on the 24k provari! One more month til I got the extra money to blow, I know its going to be hard to not get scratches on it but it'll out do my lt and yours along with the ss version all together....

Ha-y-n by your analogy of a LT being a hot blonde with no brain, that would make the provari a well dressed gold digger that needs her button pressed 32 times just to make her hot ;)

Well i wouldn't say fuss/hype... Stainless > Aluminum in so many ways and i think the potential durability etc. has excited some people. Some people don't run into issues with a 2.5 amp limit, those that do upgrade to mods with a higher amp ceiling (IE: provari / 12v car batteries)

All joking aside...
I'm a big fan of "what works for you" is right, hell I still use my ego batteries from time to time (and love it despite my multiple VV mods bought and made). It's not about "out doing", its what works for you ,what excites you and what your budget can support!

Congrats on your 24K provari decision, that's an awesome piece of equipment! I'd love to get one of those too someday when budget permits!

I (for one) am excited for this updated stainless pv and can't wait to get it, test it, beat the hell out of it daily.. then decide how awesome it is or isn't.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Shek, I'm in for the coop in July for the beefed up version, if you do decide to run one.

Could you kindly post their response to you, for everyone's curiosity's sake?

Were they vague at all?

Out do it?

Yeeeeah, there's no doubt in my mind that the Provari IS a better tube mod, but where else can you buy a brand spankin' new VV tube mod for under $30 shipped to your door, hmm?

We've never spoken, so just how did "I" talk you out of it?

Anyways, you probably made the correct choice....cuz I've got all the facts now, I hope?

Bad Chinese translation of "SS" is surface-plated.....OOOPS! :oops:

Even though that picture looks just like SS, current information (as of 2am) says it isn't.

When I got confirmation the first time, I asked if they were making stainless steel LT bodies or chrome-plated ones.

The response I got was..."Yes", quite literally a one-word response. But was interrupted before I could verify just what that "Yes" actually meant.

I spoke with more than 2 sales reps, the second time around, just to be sure that more than several reps would give the same info.

The composition I received was "chrome plated copper-type metal"....whatever that means?

But no stainless steel....

So if in fact Apollo has stainless steel tubes for the LT, it ain't L-Rider that's making them.

OR, it's so secret that their own sale people don't know that they're making them!!

So as far as their sales reps know, L-Rider is only making the chrome plated version and the regulator is the same as the aluminum body at 2.63 amps.

Cost? $24/ea.

Pretty dang cheap!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread