Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The whistling had been gone for a couple of days and now it's back with a vengeance. Some say it's the airflow holes, but I'm wondering if it's the drip tip. You can control traffic during rush hour with this if you needed to..

Edit: It's not the driptip, just tried a couple others... still with the whistling.

Thanks for the giggles..I lmao with this post. :lol:

Apulo

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Spring City, PA
I'm having an issue with one of my two Billows. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a stainless steel and a black Billow. The stainless is awesome. Nice open airflow and great wicking. The black one however gets really restricted airflow after I screw the tank section on. I even checked the airflow after adding each part when reassembling.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I'm having an issue with one of my two Billows. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a stainless steel and a black Billow. The stainless is awesome. Nice open airflow and great wicking. The black one however gets really restricted airflow after I screw the tank section on. I even checked the airflow after adding each part when reassembling.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I've seen many Foggers with similar airflow system with metal shavings/chips plugging the airflow. And even one of the air holes was not drilled all the way through once.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Does anyone know how to get the build deck off from the base? I think my issue is under there. The black billow doesn't have half the airflow the stainless one does.

Let me try again:
You can not take the deck off the base. It is all one piece. Clean your base really well, dry it. Them take a flashlight, shine some light through the vertical air hole while looking into the horizontal one. Do you see the light? Repot that on the other side. Not sure? Take something long and thin, stick it into the hole. Just make sure, there is nothing blocking your airflow. There is nothing in there except two pairs of holes (vertical and horizontal) that are connected in the middle with each-other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apulo

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Spring City, PA
Let me try again:
You can not take the deck off the base. It is all one piece. Clean your base really well, dry it. Them take a flashlight, shine some light through the vertical air hole while looking into the horizontal one. Do you see the light? Repot that on the other side. Not sure? Take something long and thin, stick it into the hole. Just make sure, there is nothing blocking your airflow. There is nothing in there except two pairs of holes (vertical and horizontal) that are connected in the middle with each-other.

I have in fact done all that you suggested. Everything looks peachy but the airflow is still awful. The stainless one is wide open but the black one is definitely choked somewhere. I'm in discussion with my vendor to get it replaced.

Thanks for the suggestions.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I have in fact done all that you suggested. Everything looks peachy but the airflow is still awful. The stainless one is wide open but the black one is definitely choked somewhere. I'm in discussion with my vendor to get it replaced.

Thanks for the suggestions.

OK. Forgive me for asking : Your airflow adjustment screws on the bottom are NOT all the way in. Are they?
You didn't allow any of your wicking material inadvertently block any of the air holes on the deck. Did you?
I doubt that E.H.Pro would drill air holes of one size on their stainless Billow and smaller size on their black version. But do check.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I tried mine today with 26g kanthal, 7 wraps on a 2mm driver. Came to about .3 ohms. Way too warm... Way, way too warm. Going back to my 28g build after work.

Still wish I could figure out what causes the whistling. Sometimes it whistles and sometimes it does not. It's juice somewhere, but huffing through the airflow holes doesn't seem to clear it up.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I actually just got mine yesterday and so far i like it. The flavor seems good and it doesn't leak a drop. The only thing i have noticed is that the air flow is not as much as i wanted and the vape tends to be pretty warm.

I've taken the airflow control screws right out of mine. Opens it up pretty well for me, and I only get a tiny bit of condensate on the mod.

Apulo

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Spring City, PA
I think I finally found out the source of my airflow issue. It seems that the airflow holes in the black Billow deck aren't drilled out quite as large as the stainless steel one. In the pictures below, it's noticeable and just bad enough to restrict the airflow quite a bit.

Stainless:
stainless.jpg

Black:
black.jpg

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I had taken mine out the first day and it didnt seen to open much more because it sat so tightly on my mod (sigelei 100+)

Ah yea, I had noticed if it was flush it didn't help at all. Been running mine on a hybrid mech so i can raise it up a little and it's not very obvious and it's still nice and tight. Hopefully drilling it out opens it enough for ya.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
Need a little help guys! Just got my Billow today. Love the build deck. After my first build, all was good except there's gurgling! May have been something I did during the fill? How can I get rid of the gurgling? Thanks!

One of two things I can think of off the bat. There might not be enough cotton stuffed around the deck. I try to stuff that bell full of cotton except in the channels and where the air flow hits the coil. You really kind of want to make sure it's crammed in there decently enough so there isn't much space for the juice to pool anywhere.

The second could be you may have squeezed too hard on your juice bottle or filled it too much causing the juice to flow up those juice channels on either side of the fill hole. If that's the case you can just vape on her a bit and it will go away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread