The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Jamandre, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sirius

Sirius Star Puppy Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 19, 2013
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the giggles..I lmao with this post. :lol:

2. Apulo

Apulo Full Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I'm having an issue with one of my two Billows. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a stainless steel and a black Billow. The stainless is awesome. Nice open airflow and great wicking. The black one however gets really restricted airflow after I screw the tank section on. I even checked the airflow after adding each part when reassembling.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

3. AMDTrucking

AMDTrucking Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2013
    California
    I've seen many Foggers with similar airflow system with metal shavings/chips plugging the airflow. And even one of the air holes was not drilled all the way through once.

4. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    Does anyone know how to get the build deck off from the base? I think my issue is under there. The black billow doesn't have half the airflow the stainless one does.

5. AMDTrucking

Dec 7, 2013
    California
    Let me try again:
    You can not take the deck off the base. It is all one piece. Clean your base really well, dry it. Them take a flashlight, shine some light through the vertical air hole while looking into the horizontal one. Do you see the light? Repot that on the other side. Not sure? Take something long and thin, stick it into the hole. Just make sure, there is nothing blocking your airflow. There is nothing in there except two pairs of holes (vertical and horizontal) that are connected in the middle with each-other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I have in fact done all that you suggested. Everything looks peachy but the airflow is still awful. The stainless one is wide open but the black one is definitely choked somewhere. I'm in discussion with my vendor to get it replaced.

Thanks for the suggestions.

7. AMDTrucking

Dec 7, 2013
    California
    OK. Forgive me for asking : Your airflow adjustment screws on the bottom are NOT all the way in. Are they?
    You didn't allow any of your wicking material inadvertently block any of the air holes on the deck. Did you?
    I doubt that E.H.Pro would drill air holes of one size on their stainless Billow and smaller size on their black version. But do check.

8. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    No on both counts. I can't explain it.

I probably should have mentioned that the draw is restricted even without a coil or wick.

9. TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo Senior Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Portland, Or
    since you have 2, have you tried swapping your bases? Granted, a chimney or top cap or drip tip restriction would be easy to check anyway.

10. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    That's the next thing I'm going to try once the stainless tank is empty

11. calliber08

calliber08 Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Fenton, MI
    I actually just got mine yesterday and so far i like it. The flavor seems good and it doesn't leak a drop. The only thing i have noticed is that the air flow is not as much as i wanted and the vape tends to be pretty warm.

12. Noserenity

Noserenity Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    I tried mine today with 26g kanthal, 7 wraps on a 2mm driver. Came to about .3 ohms. Way too warm... Way, way too warm. Going back to my 28g build after work.

Still wish I could figure out what causes the whistling. Sometimes it whistles and sometimes it does not. It's juice somewhere, but huffing through the airflow holes doesn't seem to clear it up.

13. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    I've taken the airflow control screws right out of mine. Opens it up pretty well for me, and I only get a tiny bit of condensate on the mod.

14. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I think I finally found out the source of my airflow issue. It seems that the airflow holes in the black Billow deck aren't drilled out quite as large as the stainless steel one. In the pictures below, it's noticeable and just bad enough to restrict the airflow quite a bit.

Stainless:
    stainless.jpg

Black:
    black.jpg

15. Hawaii

Hawaii Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2014
    Houston
    Had anybody drilled out the "air-holes" out bigger like the Kayfuns?

16. calliber08

Jan 3, 2015
    Fenton, MI
    I had taken mine out the first day and it didnt seen to open much more because it sat so tightly on my mod (sigelei 100+)

17. calliber08

Jan 3, 2015
    Fenton, MI
    Im going to take a chance and drill mine out this weekend. I will let you guys know how it goes.

18. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Ah yea, I had noticed if it was flush it didn't help at all. Been running mine on a hybrid mech so i can raise it up a little and it's not very obvious and it's still nice and tight. Hopefully drilling it out opens it enough for ya.

19. time2quit

time2quit Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    upstate new york
    Need a little help guys! Just got my Billow today. Love the build deck. After my first build, all was good except there's gurgling! May have been something I did during the fill? How can I get rid of the gurgling? Thanks!

20. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    One of two things I can think of off the bat. There might not be enough cotton stuffed around the deck. I try to stuff that bell full of cotton except in the channels and where the air flow hits the coil. You really kind of want to make sure it's crammed in there decently enough so there isn't much space for the juice to pool anywhere.

The second could be you may have squeezed too hard on your juice bottle or filled it too much causing the juice to flow up those juice channels on either side of the fill hole. If that's the case you can just vape on her a bit and it will go away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.