Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Its been almost 2 weeks since I had my billow and the only time it leaked is when I'm refilling due to pressure. I now top fill, take the top off, juice it up, then I put the top cap on and screw it on very little, then turn it up side down then screw it all the way, then I take long hits 3 times then no leak from refilling. I don't think I'm going to need any plumbers tape or anything.

If you own a box mod, you'll notice it like us.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
I removed the plumber's tape from my AFC screws and just rewicked with a little more Japanese cotton than usual. Haven't had any leaks so far. I tucked it into as many places on the deck around the airholes as I could. I also just ordered the nano kit and I'm looking forward to seeing if it affects the flavor or anything.

I'd like to get a nano. This is a little too towering

I did a review on the Billow and the two main issues we had was the terminal screws for the wire kept cutting through the connections, and the device leaked I have reduced it by adding more wicking than I would normally use, and it has helped but not solved it.
Also if you close down both air screws you can see how ineffective the air flow control is if you want to build as a single coil.
Shame as it is a lovely vape....

Last edited:

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
Well I'm on about my 6th refill now. I still love this thing. It does leak a tiny little bit as the tank gets low out of the air controls, but after using the revel for the better part of the last month and a half I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't read all about the weeping and really looked for it. My mods don't even get all messy like some other rbas/rda's I've used. It's just negligible on my particular billow anyway, ymmv I suppose.

I make 80/20 vg/pg to vape on. This thing really stays wet. I just took it apart to get the last few drops out switching flavors and for any other cotton rebuildable I would have had to dry burn and re-wick with the amount of juice I've put through this thing. But it was fine. Tastes great, great vapor production. I'm thinking the lack of dry hits prolongs the life of a wick and gunk build up. I'd never let any other atty go that far.

The fill port is still in the wrong spot. Still hasn't moved to a better spot. I've only had minor leakage filling so I guess i won't hold my breath waiting for inanimate objects to correct themselves. By minor I mean a couple drops out of the driptip socket on to a paper towel and it's only happened a couple times. They really could have designed that a bit better though, I mean come on... by the juice channels, really? Not a deal breaker for me though.

Build is 2mm dual micro-coils 7 wraps of 28 guage at about .6 ohms, koh gen doh. Vaping between 20-26 watts on avg.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
@Noserenity, good to hear bro. Please keep us posted.

FYI... check out youtube for more reviews if you haven't already.

Yeah I have watched a few. I don't really care for macro coils though and that's all they seem to build on the reviews. But the vids did at least sell me on the tank. 10 hour shifts so i need a good 5ml tank, and I vape the heavy stuff so I need something that stays juicy. All I needed.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
been using my nano'd billow for a while now. definitely my favorite out of the billow VS lemo war.

got a .41 build in there now. thing is booming with flavor.

the ONLY issue I have is that this things leaks on me.

all the time.

if I leave it sitting up straight it seems to be finebut the moment it goes side ways for some time(like when I switch tanks or something or when I am out and about) it leaks a ton. whatever hole is down will just be in a pool of juice and I have to tissue blow it all out. I tried alot of different wicking styles but nothing seems to help. thing wicks like a charm though.

one minor point too is how TINY the fill port is. 99% of my bottles have dripper tops so whenever I try to fill it it like overflows abit at the fill port and it's just a mess. Not going to rinse and fill up needle bottles every single time I want to change flavor.

yes. This is the only leaking problem I have, is when im refilling my juice.

I noticed that I would rather top fill on a billow. Filling it from the bottom, the juice goes straight into the juice wells and just comes out of the air flow, instead of filling the tank. I top fill, then as I screw the top part on I flip the billow upside down, then when i flip it back up I start chain vaping to prevent leakage

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
yes. This is the only leaking problem I have, is when im refilling my juice.

I noticed that I would rather top fill on a billow. Filling it from the bottom, the juice goes straight into the juice wells and just comes out of the air flow, instead of filling the tank. I top fill, then as I screw the top part on I flip the billow upside down, then when i flip it back up I start chain vaping to prevent leakage

Thanks Frankdanktank..I tried this and it is working with less of a mess. ;)

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
It's happened to me a couple times. I've resolved to just take my time and not fill it all the way up like I was and it's stopped. Also, if there is some remaining juice before filling let it all flow down before trying to fill it or it will stay trapped around the bell of the chimney and cause back pressure. Squeezing the bottle at the right amount and the stream stays right in between the juice channels. Takes a couple minutes to fill but it's not a problem for me anymore.

I don't like to top fill because I like the chimney really really tight to the top part so I can fiddle with my build without draining the tank if the need arises, and it has.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
The whistling had been gone for a couple of days and now it's back with a vengeance. Some say it's the airflow holes, but I'm wondering if it's the drip tip. You can control traffic during rush hour with this if you needed to..

Edit: It's not the driptip, just tried a couple others... still with the whistling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread