Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my billow. i built 6 wraps 24 guage on a 3/32 bit, and currently loving it. Im experiencing no leak as of now, no condensation. There was machine oil smell when it arrived so I washed it for a long time with hot water and soap.
I stuffed a lot of cotton and it didnt fit so had to trim it down a bit. Pain in the .... to wick because the deck is so small. However currently loving it! TBH i want MORE air flow. Feels like not enough air flow maybe because Im coming from rda mutation X

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Yeah, I noticed airflow was a bit tighter on the Billow, after using my new Atlantis for a couple days. But the draw on the Billow is perfect for me; and it kills my Atlantis in performance!! Better Vapor for sure (even with the airflow), and Especially the FLAVOR; soo delicious!
:drool:
This is my 1st rta, but I've completely fallen in love with it. Got my usual build on her that I posted on the last page, 0.4ohm dual 26g Microcoils (5/64in, 8 wraps -) each. And it's been CHUCKING the vapor - I took an instagram vid the other day and can't believe how much thick vapor I blew out, honestly better than my drippers!! And flavor is out of this f'in world lol!
.... I might try a wider coil next time, but this one's really been BLOWING me away hah

Huge props to Eciggity & ehPro on this!! I can't believe I only spent $30 on it, not $100+ like other RTA's I've seen. :p
I regret getting my Atlantis (wish I went w/ the Subtank!).. But it will be good to have for backup, snowboarding/going out, and for convenience

Last edited:

cobaltxblue

Nov 24, 2014
Omaha, NE
Came across this on FT. I think this is a billow clone ( no adjustable airflow though ). I ordered one to see if it leaks like the real one.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2030700

I have been seeing that as the Orchid v6. Essentially just tossed the Billow build deck into an Orchid v4. Nothing there for me to get excited about since the airflow is not going to be improved and I have no issues with my Orchid v4's.

I had no luck with the plumbers tape, the Billow was still leaking on me. Mastblast said something on the last Plumes of Hazard episode (episode 52, 12/29/2014) regarding a similar type of leaking with the Freakshow RDA, but I cannot remember what he called it and I do not have the time to watch 90 minutes of Plumes right now.

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
They are M2.0 - 0.4mm, 3mm long. 100 of them for $7.21

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71NUDOyznBL._SL1497_.jpg[/IMG

Or give me your Address, I'll send you 4 of them for free.[/QUOTE]

Well the threading fits, but the head of the screw is to big. From positive to negative post I think I can see a glimmer of light between the new screws, but can't get a sheet of paper to fit between them. Center post wont work with 2 of the new ones, but will with 1 old and 1 new. So by mixing the 2 old ones I haven't lost yet might get this to work.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Got my Billow a few days ago and it's working just as described here by many. Leaking through the afc screws but absolutely an awesome vape. Tons of vapor and top notch flavor at 30-50w on a .5ohm build.

The leaking on my billow was caused by vapor splatter from the coils entering into the air tubes during vaping. It then runs down to the afc screws and weeps out when the device is at rest. A two second HARD pull after each vaping session clears the tubes and completely takes care of the leaking issue. Not one drop weeps out now and I feel comfortable running the device on my box mods.

Filling 75vg through the fill hole resulted in juice leaking everywhere. The space between the chimney and the glass is too narrow for thicker juices to easily flow through. Instead the juice finds its way into the neighboring juice channels and runs through the chimney and out the drip tip. I found that removing the base but leaving the chimney attached to the top cap (not my idea) allows for much quicker hassle free filling. Also tilting the glass slightly to create a wider gap between the chimney and glass allows for faster filling with thicker juice. Refilled this morning without spilling a drop.

Now that we've "cracked the billow code" so to speak I couldn't be happier. Thanks to all here for your input.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I got my Billow last week and have been very happy. Thinking about getting another one soon (have a couple of Tobbeco Kayfun4's coming in first). I wicked it the same way as the Fogger v5, that is tucking the wick under and resting on the deck. No leaks and super vapor and flavor. Also, like the Fogger, part of the filling process is turning it upside down and blowing.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I got my Billow last week and have been very happy. Thinking about getting another one soon (have a couple of Tobbeco Kayfun4's coming in first). I wicked it the same way as the Fogger v5, that is tucking the wick under and resting on the deck. No leaks and super vapor and flavor. Also, like the Fogger, part of the filling process is turning it upside down and blowing.

Wick the same way. Never have to blow on or in anything to fill.

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
So, is there a consolidated opinion over how to stop leaking on the Billow? No matter what happens, I'm getting a little ring of e juice over my mod and sometimes worse. I just bought a SilverPlay, so I'm afraid my Billow is going to be shelved before I even got a chance to enjoy it all!
The only leaking I noticed was when I was using a box mod with the Billow. On the flat surface of the mod I noticed condensation of e-juice. The "leak" was flared out from the air holes as if vapor condensated into droplets on the cold surface. Not an active leak. I did notice that vapor does come out the air holes after a draw. I wonder if that could be the cause of your little ring.
Other than that, if I fill the tank to quickly, juice will make its way into the chamber. That's why after filling I turn the tank right side up, wrap a paper towel around the holes, and blow through the drip tip to blow out any juice.
IMHO, a optimal filling technique should be worked out so juice won't be pushed into the chamber. With the filling setup on the billow, the only place the air can vent out during fill is the chamber through the juice channels. For me so far the best technique is with the fill hole at 6 o'clock, tank at 45 deg, and fill slowly enough where the juice will not leach into the channels at the top. The bottom channels by the fill hole get covered by juice, but usually this is not enough to get into the chamber as long as the channels opposite the fill hole are not blocked by wick that would stop efficient venting and create the extra pressure to push the juice through the bottom channels.

The only leaking I noticed was when I was using a box mod with the Billow. On the flat surface of the mod I noticed condensation of e-juice. The "leak" was flared out from the air holes as if vapor condensated into droplets on the cold surface. Not an active leak. I did notice that vapor does come out the air holes after a draw. I wonder if that could be the cause of your little ring.
Other than that, if I fill the tank to quickly, juice will make its way into the chamber. That's why after filling I turn the tank right side up, wrap a paper towel around the holes, and blow through the drip tip to blow out any juice.
IMHO, a optimal filling technique should be worked out so juice won't be pushed into the chamber. With the filling setup on the billow, the only place the air can vent out during fill is the chamber through the juice channels. For me so far the best technique is with the fill hole at 6 o'clock, tank at 45 deg, and fill slowly enough where the juice will not leach into the channels at the top. The bottom channels by the fill hole get covered by juice, but usually this is not enough to get into the chamber as long as the channels opposite the fill hole are not blocked by wick that would stop efficient venting and create the extra pressure to push the juice through the bottom channels.

Interesting, you def provide some food for thought. I do use a box mod... VaporShark rDNA or VaporFlask, though both devices are not entirely flat on the surface. But yeah, it seems like the filling is key. Also, I watched Suck my Mod's review, and he really seemed to stress wicking placement and filling the deck with cotton. I just wish this little guy wasn't so temperamental, but if you haven't been having any active leaks, I think I just need to perfect my builds and filling method.

Its been almost 2 weeks since I had my billow and the only time it leaked is when I'm refilling due to pressure. I now top fill, take the top off, juice it up, then I put the top cap on and screw it on very little, then turn it up side down then screw it all the way, then I take long hits 3 times then no leak from refilling. I don't think I'm going to need any plumbers tape or anything.

CaCHooKa Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I removed the plumber's tape from my AFC screws and just rewicked with a little more Japanese cotton than usual. Haven't had any leaks so far. I tucked it into as many places on the deck around the airholes as I could. I also just ordered the nano kit and I'm looking forward to seeing if it affects the flavor or anything.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
My nano kit arrived yesterday...

IMAG1058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread