Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltxblue

Nov 24, 2014
Omaha, NE
I just got mine as well, no build yet as it is in the cleaner. There were no burrs, no machine oil, no funky smells, but I always clean my gear first as I do not want to risk it.

Screws were smooth when I was playing it and even the balance on it is good.

Only concern so far (and a very minor one) is that it appears that the juice channels do not go far enough down to allow for all of the juice to be wicked. I may be wrong there and the naturally occurring vacuum in the device may suck up that last quarter ml or so.

Now to dry the thing off, build it and figure out what I want to juice it with.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I just got mine as well, no build yet as it is in the cleaner. There were no burrs, no machine oil, no funky smells, but I always clean my gear first as I do not want to risk it.

Screws were smooth when I was playing it and even the balance on it is good.

Only concern so far (and a very minor one) is that it appears that the juice channels do not go far enough down to allow for all of the juice to be wicked. I may be wrong there and the naturally occurring vacuum in the device may suck up that last quarter ml or so.

Now to dry the thing off, build it and figure out what I want to juice it with.

Good call on making sure it is clean. Mine appeared spotless but a high temperature hot water bath and wipe down with alcohol and q-tips removed a fair amount of grime.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Can you comment on airflow sound? Any whistling, whooshing? I'd kill for a nice silent tank.
Just got my Lemo today, and loving the airflow. Since the airflow on the Billow is comparable, I may have to get one.

Airflow is pretty quiet on the Lemo, just a touch of whistling, but quieter than other tanks I've used (Kayfun, Fogger, Aqua, Erlkönigin, Erlprinz).

BOOM!

cobaltxblue

Nov 24, 2014
Omaha, NE
Okay so only halfway through the first tank (I only do 0mg now so yea) I went with Epicloud Cartomator Crush. I know the flavor very well and because it is a coil gunker it means that I will have to take it apart quicker and see how things are going on the inside. Build is 0.57 ohms, dual coil, 10 wraps each on a 2.4mm screwdriver using 26 gauge kanthal and Cotton Labo for wicking. I have been running it at 35 watts on my VaporShark rDNA 40. The airflow is good enough that I am thinking about bumping up the wattage. Also, I am running the airflow wide open, but with the airflow screws still installed.

First, yes it is really easy to build on. Even easier than the Orchid V4. Quality of build seems to be better too.

Even though this is bottom fill, it is super easy. Like inswva said earlier, you do not even need a needle tip to fill this thing up and the tolerances are enough that the juice flowed from the bottle into the tank with no back flow. Flavor is super good and the device itself does not heat up much.

The only thing I am not loving so far is the drip tip. It is not bad, and it looks good on the device, but it is a bit tall and it does heat up just a little bit. After this tank I will probably swap that out.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Will someone build a parallel 26g dual coil on it and see if it can keep up on a mech or 4.2v? I'll buy it as soon as I find out it can handle something like that!

It handles my .25ohm 24ga build with no issues. So, unless you are planning on building below that I'm guessing it will be fine. They'll have to be fairly small parallels to fit in the chimney.

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Mine turned up

Aa87p2w.jpg

I had a nightmare with the deck screws cutting my coil legs, after 6 coils, I gave up and caught the wire under the deck screw heads, used 28 gauge, duals 8 wraps each coming out at 0.50ohms.

Wicked it the same as my Orchid and seems to be wicking well, even with chain vaping at 25 watts. Got the air flow cut back, as don't do lung hits and don't like a really airer vape.

I admit I swore quite a bit when kept cutting the legs off the coils, but it is vaping good though, good flavor and the tank holds a lot of juice, so far no leaking at all.

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2014
    SW Chicago
    Somewhat still inexperienced at this. Got mine today. Built with 28g 7ohm on 5/64. Only dual I can compare it to is a fogger 4.4
    hands down it outperforms the fogger on first tank. Vaping at 30W on a sigelei 30 and I think I could go much higher.
    Rayon wick 75% VG

EDIT: My wife just gave me a piece of her mind for fogging up the basement.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    I had a nightmare with the deck screws cutting my coil legs, after 6 coils, I gave up and caught the wire under the deck screw heads, used 28 gauge, duals 8 wraps each coming out at 0.50ohms.

Yeah my Tobh Atty doubles as a wire cutter too! Lol. Still haven't figured out why the threaded screw hole extends down past the wire through hole on some devices. It's like these people have never heard of a bottoming tap.

The Loki Labs Odin dripper has small grooves machined into the deck under the screw heads for your wire to nestle into so they don't move when you tight things up. Now dem boys is edumacated y'all.

:) cig

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Yeah my Tobh Atty doubles as a wire cutter too! Lol. Still haven't figured out why the threaded screw hole extends down past the wire through hole on some devices. It's like these people have never heard of a bottoming tap.

The Loki Labs Odin dripper has small grooves machined into the deck under the screw heads for your wire to nestle into so they don't move when you tight things up. Now dem boys is edumacated y'all.

:) cig

Yea I have other atties where I have to be careful how much I tighten the deck screws, or will cut the wire, but nothing as bad as the billow, couldn't put any pressure on the wire or would cut it, if had come with spare screws, then would of swapped them out. Got a 4 day weekend coming, so going to see if can blunt them a bit, but wasn't hard just catching the wire under the screw heads though.

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Okay. Got my Billow and scrubbed it out. First observations. Mine had a little ring of corrosion that I'm assuming is rust, inside the chimney. Was reading a thread on how the nautilus chimneys are actually chrome plated brass, and it made me think that I hope the Billow is actually all stainless.

I've never built an RTA so I was a little shocked at how tiny the build deck is. I tried building dual coils with single strand ni200 and ended up giving up. I just couldn't get a good pair of coils installed. I fell back to dual twisted 30 AWG ni200/Kanthal, in dual coil. 2x 9 wraps and I've got a build that ends up reading out at 0.10 ohms. Wicked it with Japanese cotton and juiced it up. Vaping it at 30W and it appears to be working pretty well. Here are the problems I've run into so far.

My VaporFlask keeps dropping out of TP mode. I've disconnected it and let it cool and reconnected it and it has fixed it a few times. I may need to drain the tank and see if I can check the leads and maybe space out the coils a bit. I know people were having similar problems with Russians and Kayfuns, so it may just be an RTA thing.

The 510 threads are a little sloppy. They appear to be the right pitch, but it feels like the threads were cut too fine. It's a little hard to get started and is crazy wobbly and loose until you've got it cranked down.

I'll try it on my Vaporshark and see if I get the same results.
    0c9277ae5d94df16ca9b9a505150bfb4.jpg

583065c77c9ef060d5665a3ed91dba8d.jpg

a762e29362bd4c8eca7b9a389a2e2bf6.jpg

cobaltxblue

Nov 24, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    Aaaand I realized I forgot to put the oring back on the chimney...

Whew. Managed to drain the tank with a syringe. Tightened down the leads and reassembled. Whew.

OMG. I overfilled the tank, juice coming out the chimney. JUICE EVERYWHERE!

My second fill of the tank I had a similar problem. The first fill went super well, which made me over confident and I was also in a hurry. I have decided that using a needle tip is required when filling it as I will squeeze to hard which will force some juice up the wicking channels, through the chimney and all over everywhere!!! Seriously, I must have lost at least 2ml. Lesson learned, just because a plastic tipped bottle can be used, does not mean that it should be used at max volume for filling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread