Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
I didn't want to comment on Lemo, but since you mentioned it, I will make one too. I had never had luck with my Lemo. It taste burnt most of the time. I had been thinking of grinding the vertical channels larger and drill the bottom corners deeper. If it still does not perform, the next step I will do is grind half radii at the bottom part of the chimney cylinder that line up with horizontal notches of the base so it will look like portals. If it over feeds all I have to do is run the cotton wicks on vertical channels bottoming out like some reviewers on YuoTube do on the Orchids. I will call it Billow/Orchid on a Limo.

I broke down and bought one on Friday. Hasn't shipped yet. I hope it's good, still in love with my lemo's right now however.

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I didn't want to comment on Lemo, but since you mentioned it, I will make one too. I had never had luck with my Lemo. It taste burnt most of the time. I had been thinking of grinding the vertical channels larger and drill the bottom corners deeper. If it still does not perform, the next step I will do is grind half radii at the bottom part of the chimney cylinder that line up with horizontal notches of the base so it will look like portals. If it over feeds all I have to do is run the cotton wicks on vertical channels bottoming out like some reviewers on YuoTube do on the Orchids. I will call it Billow/Orchid on a Limo.

The liquid channels are deep and forgiving on the Lemo. You may want to revise your build (perhaps coil size) and wicking method.

I couldn't get a burnt hit out of a Lemo at 40 Watts.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
The liquid channels are deep and forgiving on the Lemo. You may want to revise your build (perhaps coil size) and wicking method.

I couldn't get a burnt hit out of a Lemo at 40 Watts.

I have done all of those. A few hours ago I went ahead, as I mentioned before, and ground two notches on the bottom of the chimney barrel lining up with horizontal grooves. It really solved the drying out and has not experienced any leaks yet, knock on wood. It vapes very much like my kayfun so far.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have done all of those. A few hours ago I went ahead, as I mentioned before, and ground two notches on the bottom of the chimney barrel lining up with horizontal grooves. It really solved the drying out and has not experienced any leaks yet, knock on wood. It vapes very much like my kayfun so far.

Whatever works for you. Enjoy!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Billow has landed. Not sure if I'll get to do a build at work today or not. Seems like a nice piece. Machining is very good and everything goes together quite nicely. Love the nautilus style gaskets. Just from a quick test, the airflow doesn't seem to be as wide open as my Lemos at full bore. Not bad though. Maybe I can get a build on it over my lunch break.

1O35Jj.jpg

qcNRqX.jpg

ARzNec.jpg

n2ShUu.jpg

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Okay... first build in the books. And, because I'm a whack job, I opted for a .25ohm build to run on my Workhorse, lol. Yes, it wicks just fine at ~65W, heh. This was my first "Orchid style" wick job so I just kind of winged it (wicked with KGD). So far, so good. Airflow is very good and it's not too hot at these power levels. Running it on my regulated boxes requires high power as well due to the voltage limitations. I'll put a more sensible build in it next time around but I wanted to really push it to see what it can do.

Flavor and vapor production are very good. It's hard to compare to my Lemos since I'm using a juice I've never used before. Build was super easy and I love the way this tank goes together. Copper pin is very easy to adjust and it holds ton of liquid. This thing will definitely give my Lemos a run for their money.

vGKTIo.jpg

3Gkf7J.jpg

YsDcuh.jpg

LUTxi5.jpg

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Madison, WI
Can any of you that have received your Billow comment on the quality of the through-post holes and screws? I'm looking to do nickel builds and want to get a feel for whether or not it'll clip 30 or 32 AWG wire. I suppose I could just wait until I get home because mine is supposed to be delivered today. :p But hey, I'm impatient. I know, I have issues.

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
Okay... first build in the books. And, because I'm a whack job, I opted for a .25ohm build to run on my Workhorse, lol. Yes, it wicks just fine at ~65W, heh. This was my first "Orchid style" wick job so I just kind of winged it (wicked with KGD). So far, so good. Airflow is very good and it's not too hot at these power levels. Running it on my regulated boxes requires high power as well due to the voltage limitations. I'll put a more sensible build in it next time around but I wanted to really push it to see what it can do.

Flavor and vapor production are very good. It's hard to compare to my Lemos since I'm using a juice I've never used before. Build was super easy and I love the way this tank goes together. Copper pin is very easy to adjust and it holds ton of liquid. This thing will definitely give my Lemos a run for their money.

Thanks for the great pics and nice first review/initial thoughts!! I just got my Lemo saturday and with the airflow adjustment removed it still wasnt enough airflow for my liking. Are you saying that this does not have a noticeable amount of more airflow than the Lemo?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Can any of you that have received your Billow comment on the quality of the through-post holes and screws? I'm looking to do nickel builds and want to get a feel for whether or not it'll clip 30 or 32 AWG wire. I suppose I could just wait until I get home because mine is supposed to be delivered today. :p But hey, I'm impatient. I know, I have issues.

I didn't pay much attention to that aspect when I built mine this morning... I didn't have any concerns about the screws clipping 24AWG Kanthal. Definitely post your findings. I don't have a DNA40 device yet but I'm hoping to score a board at some point to retrofit my rDNA30.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for the great pics and nice first review/initial thoughts!! I just got my Lemo saturday and with the airflow adjustment removed it still wasnt enough airflow for my liking. Are you saying that this does not have a noticeable amount of more airflow than the Lemo?

They are very, very close. I didn't think the Billow was as airy as the Lemo at first but going back and forth between them now it's too close to call. Actually, the Billow may flow a tiny bit more air than the Lemo (I'm comparing to a Lemo which has the AFC ring removed).

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Can you comment on airflow sound? Any whistling, whooshing? I'd kill for a nice silent tank.

No whistling or whooshing that I can hear. However, my build crackles and sizzles quite a bit so I may not be detecting any whistling. But, if it's there, it's imperceptible.

Some more thoughts... another plus for the Billow is the size of the fill hole. I can easily fill it with a glass dropper. I can fill the Lemo with a glass dropper as well but it is a messy affair. I also like the 510 on the Billow better. I like both tanks very much but I suspect the Billow will take over the top spot. I'll probably sell off one of my three Lemos and buy another Billow to even out the numbers.

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Madison, WI
I like both tanks very much but I suspect the Billow will take over the top spot. I'll probably sell off one of my three Lemos and buy another Billow to even out the numbers.

Then with two of each you can mate them and produce the worlds greatest low-price RTA. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread