Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
standard preamble: I am not a doctor. I am merely some idiot on the internet. Finding medical advice on the internet is a terrible idea.

Ok. So you were vaping and suddenly got a bloody nose for no reason (like someone say punching you in the face) which is something you’ve never had before, and you usually chain vape when you drink, yes? Did the nosebleed stop?

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Currently I have a drag 2 with Wotofo unity rta

I was using geek vape mesh coils
and never had a bleeding nose I think there’s more vapor coming out of the rta

when I chain vape it’s usually when I am drinking(beer)

Is this normal issue i been doing good on cutting down on analogs I don’t want to go back to analogs
Smoking, vaping and even breathing can dry out oral and nasal passages. Drinking alcohol thins the blood as it prevents blood cells from sticking together and forming clots meaning if there's any sort of irritation in your nose or chapping I suppose you would be more likely to have some blood come out same as if youre taking any aspirin... that can make you a real bleeder. But no I would not say that nosebleeds are a common vaping or chain vaping reaction. I don't think most people would Vape if that were the case. I am in no way shape or form a medical professional this is just generalized info that I got off of a health line article. You probably just have a nosebleed but you may want to check in with a doctor if you're very concerned.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Here we go again. :glare: Before you start another public panic, that will be swooped up by the media, government, and millions of uninformed citizens, why don't you do some testing. Stop the vaping. Nosebleeds continue? There's your answer. Nosebleeds discontinue? Start vaping again. Nosebleeds come back or not, it's still inconclusive. See a doctor. We don't need this.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Once when I was drinking beer and whisky I got a nose bleed from a vape device. Was in my grove when Die Antwoord started playing over the juke box. Jumped up on the bar to show off my techno rhythm dance moves all while singing Fatty Boom Boom into my vape device as it was a microphone. Miscalculated step, fell flat on my face and the mod shoved right up the schnoz! Good thing I fell forward instead of backwards….explain that to emergency!

@Carlosxto – it is not normal, go see a doctor. And if you ever need a vape device removed from your nose, PM me, I know a good surgeon who specializes in such a practice.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your lifestyle sounds really unhealthy.

You need to tell your doc ALL of this and then he can send you to rehab.

GO!!!!!!!!! Also no it is not common for chain vaping to cause nosebleeds but you may be Doing It Wrong, and by that I mean a) vaping and b) your life, in general, and in specific.

Jeez Louise

Anna

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
No, to stop the bleeding you need to hold it and tilt your head back, not forward. You'll need to rotate the smiley ;)

Fortunately not using the tried and tested tilt and vape silica wicks
Sounds like a relaxing vape
48832969-0CB9-43D6-98A3-C178353FA3B8.jpeg

On a serious note. This doesn’t sound good at all. See a doctor

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Your lifestyle sounds really unhealthy.

You need to tell your doc ALL of this and then he can send you to rehab.

GO!!!!!!!!! Also no it is not common for chain vaping to cause nosebleeds but you may be Doing It Wrong, and by that I mean a) vaping and b) your life, in general, and in specific.

Jeez Louise

Anna
upload_2019-10-19_20-15-14.jpg

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
From google;
Many vapers have claimed that e-cigs have badly dried out the skin in their noses, in many cases causing random nosebleeds. The main chemical that's causing this ispropylene glycol (PG), a dehydrating chemical that can suck the moisture out thesensitive skin inside your nostrils.

Even so, I’ve never heard of this. Gotta be checked out, google and ecf can only do so much...

And rightly so ;)

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
From google;
Many vapers have claimed that e-cigs have badly dried out the skin in their noses, in many cases causing random nosebleeds. The main chemical that's causing this ispropylene glycol (PG), a dehydrating chemical that can suck the moisture out thesensitive skin inside your nostrils.

Even so, I’ve never heard of this. Gotta be checked out, google and ecf can only do so much...

And rightly so ;)
I vaguely reading a post here about someone relating the results of the original PG safety test. They left a bunch of farm animals in a barn full of aerosolized PG for a month and the only symptom they had was dry skin.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Many many things can cause random nose bleeds. Too much sodium in your diet. High blood pressure. Some people get them in the winter when they are running heaters that dry out the air. There are numerous more causes.

You can try to do some self trial and error (stop vaping and see if it goes away, then vape again to see if it comes back, etc). You can also try to make sure that you don't exhale through your nose.

If you want a more definitive answer it will most likely require a few Dr visits, blood work, followups, and some Dr advised trial and error. In the end you may never know for sure.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
@Carlosxto
Drinking alcohol can dehydrate you. Vaping, without drinking water, gives me a dry throat and sinuses. Propylene glycol is hygroscopic Definition of HYGROSCOPIC .
It is possible that dehydration from alcohol or other sources combined with vaping, could be drying out your sinus tissue to the point of bleeding.
Nosebleeds Causes

From the mayo clinic article on nose bleeds linked above.
Causes
By Mayo Clinic Staff

The lining of your nose contains many tiny blood vessels that lie close to the surface and are easily damaged.

The two most common causes of nosebleeds are:

1. Dry air
Less common causes of nosebleeds include:

1. Alcohol use
As stated by other posters above, your medical professional would be a better resource for information on the likely cause(s) of your medical problem. This is only my non-professional opinion.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
OK, I have gone on alcohol binges and vaped... no nosebleeds. I have however, gone "diggin for gold" (picking my nose with long fingernails) and got a nosebleed, so maybe you just need some nail clippers. If you want a more serious response, give me more info... how may mg nic and how many ml juice a day. Do you drink lots of water while vaping? Do you normally get nosebleeds? Many of us try to help, but ever since the "rubber teeth" thing, we are really done with BS posts about people blaming vaping for every little health issue they have. Nuff said :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread