Not open for further replies.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
The comment censoring isn't surprising given the way the parent company does business. tobacco is an old and dirty (figuratively) business and the companies involved have a ton of marketing and lobbying money. Hopefully big tobacco doesn't get legislation passed (U.S. perspective) that harms a lot of the vendors we love. Considering some of the moves the tobacco industry has pulled in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. The biggies have too much money and as much as we all love vaping, the general public doesn't know enough about it.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Makes me think of a friend of mine. She bought a blu disposable and it died after 20 puffs. She spends five minutes a week emailing the crap out of blu explaining her disappointment. She won't listen when I explain that they're an over all unprofessional customer-care anemic company and that they aren't going to reply to her.

Cigalike companies really irritate me. They ruin the chance of any smoker becoming a vaper by spreading misconceptions of what vaping is supposed to be like and neglect smokers from what vaping has to offer.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I don't see the big deal, to be honest. Expecting any company to advertise for their direct competitors seems pretty naive to me. I wouldn't expect them to do it on their own YouTube page any more than I'd suggest advertising the competition of the company I work for on our own website. It's just not a reasonable expectation.

At least they pay attention to comments. That's more than you'll get from a lot of companies.

Last edited:

jjwhite865

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I don't see the big deal, to be honest. Expecting any company to advertise for their direct competitors seems pretty naive to me. I wouldn't expect them to do it on their own YouTube page any more than I'd suggest advertising the competition of the company I work for on our own website. It's just not a reasonable expectation.

At least they pay attention to comments. That's more than you'll get from a lot of companies.

100% agree. It would be foolish of Blu to advertise anything beyond Blu. If anything, their ads should leave you to believe they have the "end all" when it comes to ecigs. Regardless of whether this is true, and we all know it is not, if they were doing anything other than this it would steer me further away than if they gave me a to good to be true pitch.

dlmarti

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Central New Jersey
Of course, they weren't very happy with that last part. This is the e-mail response I received from Blu on YouTube. This is a DIRECT QUOTE from Blu via youtube messages:

"The point of advertising is typically to advertise your own product and not that of your competition. We'll take our chances advertising our products only."

Wow, not very professional. Whatever...:2cool:

Looks pretty professional to me, why would you expect them to pay to advertise someone elses products?

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
Blu is the first ecig I bought with changeable cartos. While I don't agree with them deleting your comment I understand the response. While some businesses will match prices most are not going to suggest another store...a small business without faceless millionaires might.

I hope I am wrong...are there ecig companies that actually recommend other ecig companies as a alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread