Boge carto quality control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada
i got some boges from a coop and some boges from surevapes and they are all the ones without the separate buttplug (the one piece bottom cap) and they have all so far been hit and miss, more miss than hit. most meter at 2.8 or 2.9 and a few have metered at 2.2-2.4, they are all supposed to be 3.0, i know there are small differences in the resistances and ill tolerate .1 or .2 either way, but .6-.8 off? additionally, these are only lasting me about 1 tank (regular phiniac) when the ones i was getting before were lasting upwards of 5 tanks. ill be trying kangers very soon myself. i dont care about the extra cost if they last longer, its worth it.
Yes but if you get some boxes of boges and they don't have the condoms in stainless , are they knock off cause i have'nt seen any stainless with condoms and wondering if i'm ordering boges or fakes ...can someone tell me if they all come with condoms or just simple plastic wraps ?????

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
I have used only boge and I get them from Todd, and they have yet to fail me and I have been using them for over 2 years. I use lr's and love them. Use to look for sales but , want the real thing not copy cats, and you get what you pay for. Learned that with my batteries. Same batteries from totally wicked and have had them for 2 years and still working. Had several cheap batteries and they lasted maybe 3 months if lucky.

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada
IMG_20120718_171151.jpg IMG_20120718_171220.jpg

This is what i get when i order boge sr cartos but can't use the condom (There's none)!!
Are these knock off ???

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada
They are not so bad but only last 3 or 4 days in my j-tank and they use to last at least a week before ...but i was using the Evo before and now i vape with lavatube 2.0 at 4.8 volts with 3.0 boge and nice taste and vapor but don't last very long so i'm thinking that they are knock off and i'd like to get those with the condoms back, so i might order from Canvape since they have them !!!

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
How much are they running you when you do that? Cost, I mean.
You can usually negotiate the price depending on qty. I've heard of as low as $.61 each to your door for 1000+.
View attachment 118094 View attachment 118095

This is what i get when i order boge sr cartos but can't use the condom (There's none)!!
Are these knock off ???

Can't say for sure, but I always get stainless and just bought 10 boxes from SureVapes and they all have condoms, although they are different that the condoms that came on my previous order of Boges from Hoosiers. These will fly off the cartomizer with a flick of the wrist where the previous took a good grip and possibly a fingernail.

Edit: noticed another difference. Mine have "510 LR stainless" printed directly on the wrapper.

b72ed8e5.jpg

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I just noticed that pbusardo has posted about this issue on his site. Even HE is noticing a difference. I bought about 50 in a co-op a couple months ago so I think I am good for awhile. All of mine so far are the same as they used to be...long condoms and no imprints. I do notice that I am tasting the filler much more than I used to.. much quicker.. but I think that is just me and my taste buds :(

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
I do notice that I am tasting the filler much more than I used to.. much quicker.. but I think that is just me and my taste buds :(

I think you've hit the nail right on the head. I don't think it's just you and your taste buds. I think they've changed the filler material and it doesn't wick as well. Thanks.

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada
You can usually negotiate the price depending on qty. I've heard of as low as $.61 each to your door for 1000+.

Can't say for sure, but I always get stainless and just bought 10 boxes from SureVapes and they all have condoms, although they are different that the condoms that came on my previous order of Boges from Hoosiers. These will fly off the cartomizer with a flick of the wrist where the previous took a good grip and possibly a fingernail.

Edit: noticed another difference. Mine have "510 LR stainless" printed directly on the wrapper.

b72ed8e5.jpg

Thanks Rader ....very nice to see pictures !!!!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I have ordered cartos twice from Boge. The only way you can get a better price is by ordering a bigger quantity. I tried several reps at first, and they have a firm pricing structure. The last time I ordered from them was early April of this year. I have not noticed any difference in quality with these, except the occasional carto that won't wick.

All of the cartos I received directly from Boge had one shorter condom and one longer condom with a little silicon thingie into the carto. They were also individually wrapped. There was no writing on the carto package. Vendors, however, can request that they be customized.

mjt

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Arizona
I ordered 20 Boge LR cartos last month and they are horrible. They all have new short loose condoms and taste is really muted. The really big problem, most of my juices just drip right through them now. They are almost unusable. Does anyone know where I can get good Boge cartos, or can someone recommend a replacement? This really stinks!!!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I ordered some boge stainless SRs in a co-op. They were different from the previous Boges I had used. There was no silicone insert in the battery end and the condoms were shorter and looser than the previous batch I used. I had to use an old condom to do a fill, because the condom was too loose to seal around the carto. The stainless material of the carto also seemed a bit thinner. When I punched it with a saddle valve it didn't make the 'pop' I was used to hearing. I wasn't even sure if it had punched until I took it out and looked at it.

That being said, they are working fine for me so far. I think I'm on #3 or 4 out of an order of 50, and they are lasting the same amount of time as my previous order of boges. They are actually even performing a little better, flavor seems crisper for longer. With only having used a few out of the order, it's hard to say if they will be consistent, but so far so good. Fingers crossed.

ETA: Oh, and they are wicking fine in a tank, and no leaking or gurgling so far.

Last edited:

Keener

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
West Virginia
I agree with the difference. I've been using Boge SRs religiously for over a year now, past 10 months or so through 6 different tanks in rotation throughout the day on a 5v box.

I used to get between 10 days - 3 weeks, sometimes a month, on one carto (fully dependent on juice type), but the past two sets of "Boges" I got have NOT been up to snuff. The first indicator was the changed condoms. Before, they always came with the long condoms and plug, while these past two sets (I order in 3 box 5packs each time) have all had the short, easy-to-slide-off condoms. When punching with a press, I rarely hear the pop and have to rely on a small release of pressure in the T-handle to know whether I've punctured the metal. Many times this has led to a full bore destruction of the white inner tube, which I toss immediately knowing from past experience it's a waste of juice trying to get one going.

These "new" Boges are going between 2 hours - 1 week tops, depending on juice. That's unacceptable, and I've often found myself at work with 6 tanks all burned to crap and unusable, jonesing until i can get home and pull a full refill session and wait for soaking.

I don't mind stating I usually get mine from ElectroNicStix (have done so for the past few months) and was always extremely pleased with my Boges... until these past two rounds. I'd like to know what's going on, and I'm sure glad to know I'm not crazy in this realization that THESE. THINGS. SUCK. NOW!

Please, I'm ignorant of other brands that will fit the J-Tank type of tank, but I can't keep doing these things for that price and getting such crappy performance out of them.

Does ANYBODY know what other brands and/or vendors will fit these tank types so I can bulk up on something worthwhile? I hate when quality control crap like this happens on a wide scale forcing everybody out of their routine and stable route just in order to find a set-up that's vapable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread