Boge or Smoktech Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Boge hands down, no contest. The Smoketech 1.7ohm is good because it's 1.7ohms. If Boge would wise up and make a 1.7ohm XL carto, they'd eat Smoketech's lunch. Boges are more reliable, durable and consistent in manufacturing quality and resistance. I've never had a DOA Boge. I've had Smoketechs tubes come off the base and I've had them last 2 or 3 days. I've had Boges last 2 or 3 weeks or more, even with 100%VG. I've never had a Boge last less than a week like a Smoketech.

SirCount

Apr 30, 2012
West Virginia
The Boges are probably my favorite cartos, however i use the Ressurectors from Smoktech also. Boges seem to last longer for me and have the most consistent flavor, also work great in my J tank. Every once in a while though I get that Smoktech that is just WOW! I feel like on a 3.7 device you cant go wrong with the 2.0 Boges or 1.7 Ressurectors. Both are good it really comes down to personal preference.

invaderevan

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Ive used both in my 4 months of vaping, and so far i have pretty much given up on smoktek and really love the flavor and vapor production of the boges, in addition to that, i was buying 3 hole pre drilled smoks that didnt work well with the juice i have been vaping. and the saddle valve'd boges i use now are wonderful.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
After reading all the positive reviews of Boge, I'm beginning to wonder if I had a bad batch. Although I prefer the way the smok tech performs, I have had some quality issues. I just had one that shorted out my battery right from the beginning and they do seem to develop issues with leaking. I would definitely love to see Boge in 1.7 ohms because I can't seem to get a throat hit from mine. I've noticed that one of the other people who prefer smok tech is using a kgo (which is what I'm using). Is the device making a difference as well?

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
not even a hard decision for me, Boge. I have tried at least 10 different types/brands of cartos and always come back to Boges (for normal fills and in my tanks). Good flavor, very consistent (1 doa from my last order of 50), just really solid performers. Really good prices too, if you shop around.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I see no difference between the two when it comes to actual vaping. When they work they work. I associate Boge with small and Smoktech with XL. At least, that's my first impression. Boge's are usually sold in short lenghts and Smoktechs are longer. Another difference is you can count that it is rare to see a Boge that is DOA, while Smoktechs have about 1 or 2 out of five have burnt taste or DOA. I don't know if this is still the case.

dragnfire

Mar 19, 2012
Connecticut
In the five months I've been using them, I find the build quality better on the Boges, but I find the flavor better on SmokeTech. Both start out OK, but the Boges seem to develop a metallic taste within a day, and rapidly get worse. The SmokeTechs seem to take 4-5 days for this to kick in, and I've never had one last more than a week.

In fact, the best tasting cartos that I've gotten so far are the clear plastic ones from SmokeTech, but they are so fragile, they come apart if I try to keep on in my pocket. Flavor on them stays true from the first drag until day 4-7, when they begin to get that stale, funky taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread