The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Boge Technologies "LEO" Full Review

Discussion in 'Commercial Ecigarette Reviews and Videos' started by Jackal3, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ctconline

ctconline Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    SW Florida USA
    OMG!! This is a HUGE feature! This could be the last PV you will ever need. Looking forward to that video review Jackal.

2. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    The Volcano Inferno 650 mah can be used as a pass through as well, some people say constantly using it like that may influence the total life of the battery as you are not letting it get fully charged or fully drained your just constantly keeping it around the middle in a very fast charge/drain cycle...

But I don't really know anyone with more battery experience have any thoughts on that?

3. Jackal3

Jackal3 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    You could be right, Goldenkobold. I know many smart batteries, like laptop batteries, lose their storage capabilities when plugged in all the time. Smart batteries are like muscles. You need to flex them, often, to keep them strong. Otherwise they become atrophied.

I never really used a passthrough much. Never needed to. I have a 510 passthrough but I think I used it once or twice, that's it. I always just kept a spare battery with me, and a charger for the drained one.

4. bshalaby

bshalaby Full Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Cairo Egypt
    I thought that was the wood grain! Now I have to surf looking for a picture

5. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    I have not seen a pic of the wood grain Leo. I am told it is just like the cartridge containers, which are in the photos I posted.

6. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    My...isn't that a purdy thang

7. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Full Member Verified Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Houston, TX

Looks a little 'old' to me. Like something a distinguished businessman may vape while sipping brandy in the smoking parlor while discussing million dollar deals with fellow businessmen.

8. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    I was just told by another ECF member that although the Leo can be used while charging, That the battery is not a protected one and using it as a passthrough may be dangerous. I thought I'd share this.

9. DonDaBoomVape

DonDaBoomVape Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
    You say that it uses "302" cartridges. As in the Joye 302 penstyle? Does that mean that it has 801 threading and can use penstyle attys?

Sounds good to me. [Of course, if you check my profile, you'll see that 'old' fits;), albeit not million dollar businessman:(.]

10. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    No Don. This is a totally new fitting/threading. Only the cartridge end is 302 sized. I will try and get some pics later.

11. Jason_in_nc

Jason_in_nc Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    It's a secret!
    I don't like the proprietary atty, but I do like that it looks like a cigar! I wish more companies would use that color pattern cause it would easily pass for a cigar.

I want something that looks like a cigar is what I'm saying. :)

12. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    Jason, you know there are such things as e-cigars, that look just like an actual rolled cigar.

13. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    Don I'll be frank, (Hi, Frank, I'm Don), no seriously, I have never seen the connection on an 801. Though, I believe the battery would be male and the atty female. In this case the battery is female and the atty is male. The cartridges used are the Boge 302 soft tips.

I have some Boge 302 Hard tips coming to see if they have an easier draw. Right now the soft tip 302 has about the same draw as a KR808D-1 automatic with cartomizer. Slow, long (6-9 second) draws produce nice billows of thick vapor.

14. Modterrik

Modterrik Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2009
    Denver, CO, USA
    Are these available for purchase? Sorry if I missed it. The only place I can find them is on the Boge distributor site.

Thanks!

15. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    At the moment, Boge's manufacturer site is the only place. However I know a few distributors who've ordered them and will have them for sale soon. I do not know of any vendors listing it on their sites, yet.

I have, however, sent word to the distributor about your inquiry. Since I don't know the rules on posting "oh yeah, buy from so and so", I've instead informed the vendor with the Leos coming to check this post.

I, myself, do not have distributor rights here on ECF (yet) so I can't outright sell you one.

16. IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Northern VA
    You can order them from Mist E Liquids in the UK. The starter is $52.24 and a second battery brings the price to $66.64 (US).

17. Modterrik

Modterrik Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2009
    Denver, CO, USA
    Appreciate your passing my name on (conversely, have them email me *thanks Jackal*). I'd certainly like to add this to my collection!

Tried going to MistE and was unable to get anything to save in my shopping cart, not sure if they're having issues or if it's because of the pre-order.

18. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
  19. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    Dang... I knew I waited too long to do a video review! Well I guess I'll shoot for number 2 video review. Now if I can just figure out the camera on my laptop...

20. ctconline

ctconline Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    SW Florida USA
    I tried to encourage you Jackal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.