The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Boge Technologies "LEO" Full Review

Discussion in 'Commercial Ecigarette Reviews and Videos' started by Jackal3, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. redshirt

redshirt Full Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Alaska
    the videos show owners snapping the lid on, so i'm pretty sure it's snap on.

2. GiMante

GiMante Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    I picked one up from MadVapes (couldn't pass up the pink crystal!) I'll give my review once it comes in.

3. GiMante

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    Now that I purchased one, I really want to know what the good news is! Can you PM me Jackal?

4. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Maybe you should watch it again so you can be really sure.

5. Jackal3

Jackal3 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    The atomizer cap cover slips on and snaps into place. This cover is cylindrical and completely covers the atomizer and mouth piece. The 'cone' shape is the atomizer itself, and screws onto the battery.

6. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Thanks Jackal, good answer!

7. bshalaby

bshalaby Full Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Cairo Egypt
    Hi, I have been in contact with Boge, I am arranging to market these units. I have been told by their manager that it will take a new cartomizer under production.

I am interested in really large capacity Cartomizers, because they essentially cost the same to make for 1 ml and a 3 ml carto. I was told that the LEO will soon be available with not 2, or 3 but 4 ml Cartomizers. That is easy one full day of extreme vaping. Thought I would pass along the good news.

The funny thing is they say that it is not a pass through and will not operate while connected to a charger. This has been confirmed by UKvapers who have tested it and it would not work.

Is this different firmware or have they modified it after they found out that it is being used like that. Can any one confirm the pass through mode?

8. bshalaby

bshalaby Full Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Cairo Egypt
    Here is another review of the LEO, YouTube - Boge tech Leo review. Simply awesome it also answers the pass through question. Some do, some don't. Boge says don't do it, it will damage them. Maybe sometime in the future but not with this version

9. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    The current version of the Leo does not work as a passthrough. But they are putting the finishing touches on the Leo passthrough version. There... ya ruined my surprise, lol. It should be out in the next month or so.

Boge is also working on the largest cartomizer yet to fit the Leo. This they are hoping to have ready sometime in December. There... that was surprise two.

Now... surprise three you all will have to wait for.

10. Turbo

Turbo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2009
    NC/USA
    Filler-less cartos per chance?! Wishful thinking perhaps..

11. Mazunga

Mazunga Full Member

Nov 8, 2010
    USA
    This thing seems to be awesome. Battery life, cartridge capacity (now cartomizers!??) all seem amazing. Aesthetically it's pretty snappy as well. As a newb, I am considering this vs. an eGo for my first larger capacity battery PV.

Wish they had a plain USB cap in equivalent color scheme instead of the crystal. That thing is a bit ostentatious, and unfortunately influencing my decision.

12. Bageone

Bageone Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Madvapes has them on sale for $39.99

13. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
  14. kevbow

kevbow Forum Supplier

May 27, 2009
    CT
    I also own a leo. The problem I have is that I use 12mg juice and though the atty does produce lots of vapor and give good flavor I have almost no throat hit. If you want to get throat hit off of the leo atty you have to use at least 16 or 18 mg juice. The kit does come with pre-filled carts that have 24mg juice. So if your like me and use a 12mg juice or lower then your not going to get much throat hit at all off the leo atty. If you use at least 16mg or over for juice then you should be fine.

15. bluesuede

bluesuede Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Central PA, USA
    I went there and they don't give you a choice of color. It just goes into the cart... plop! You don't know what you're gonna get and I want a RED one... bwaaa! :p Other than that the price is good.

16. bshalaby

bshalaby Full Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Cairo Egypt
    I have heard that they are available. One of the suppliers for UKvapers has them. It's nice to be able to change to plain , and maybe when the occasion calls for a crystal on your tip (hehe) you can switch caps.

17. laurieok

laurieok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2009
    Ohio
    E-liquid planet has them in red :)

18. GiMante

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    Got mine today!!!! I LOVE IT. Awesome vapor, decent TH, good flavor. All around pretty awesome PV. My only complaint at this point, is when you put the cap on over the atomizer, it is all tucked away into a neat package, however the button is still exposed and can go off.

Other then that, awesome!

19. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Good review. Well done with good information.

20. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    I have received and tested the first Leo pass through unit. I'm here to say it works like a charm. I'll post a link to the review as soon as I finish writing it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.