The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Box mod: Design and copyright.

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by TieuTuanBao, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    What happens when product i design same another commercial product?
    Sorry, my english isn't good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    If that product is Chinese and you are not Chinese you’re out of luck. China has an exceptionally nationalistic/racist policy about that sort of thing. If this is not the case you have to be able to prove that you, not them, were the first person to register that design

• Like Like x 1
  3. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    i mean if i will design a box same as seriesB box, is it Copyright infringement?

4. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    You want to clone a jac vapor series b? If you make one for personal use it’s ok. The issue comes when you want to sell it. There are a lot of very similarly shaped mods. Some aspects may or may not be patented and those patents may or may not be valid. And again if you happen to be in China since jac vapor is British it would be common practice to simply ignore all patents and trademarks right down to the markings because no one can prosecute you, though that is apparently changing. Now it is possible that jac vapor produces their product IN China even though they are not Chinese. In this case you have to worry about the in China manufacturer. Chinese justice tends to be a bit final (they shoot a lot of people) so a good knowledge of the particulars is probably a good idea

5. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Thanks for ur reply!! I'm Vietnamese, i want make products meet the demand for users in VietNam.

6. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,

jacvapour-dna75.jpg
    What does your attorney/lawyer say?
    Follow his advice.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Making a less expensive series b will be hard. The reason people like it is it is small, uses the dna chipset, and is made of stainless steel. Dna chipsets are expensive and stainless steel is difficult to work with

8. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    i can make Chipset and i confident. i think can replace stainless steel with somethings else...

9. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Thanks , but now i don't have a lawer.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    You need a lawyer. Regardless if your product infringes someone else’s copyright, you need to protect your yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TieuTuanBao

TieuTuanBao Full Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Thanks Bro!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.