Boycott state farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Yeah because I can hear myself when Im typing. Not all of us have to speak along with the words they write.

Ok, so your walmart doesn't have a problem with it. The question was, have you done any sort of research into it? Way to not answer a question presented. Shows how committed you are.

What are you talking about "for the children again"? Make some sense.

I came here originally to post my opinion and you want to treat me as if I am Anti-smoking, Anti-vaping, and anti-protesting. Seems your defensive behavior over absolutely nothing and how you treat everyone with a difference opinion harshly makes you the bully kid.

Like I said before. I sure am glad that you aren't smart enough to run any sort of campaign on your own as it would turn into a disaster for our side.

Again I stand corrected. You must like the sound of your fingers clicking on the keyboard. (It didn't realize you weren't smart enough to get the metaphor what with your superior PR skills and all)

I suspected that your next post would be another personal attack on me and I was right. Thanks! It feels good to be right!

If you don't remember the "for the children" sideways anti-psuedo logic you used before I suggest you go back and reread your posts. If you don't want to be viewed as an anti stop acting like one. I will say it again dude. You can attack me all you want. It doesnt change a thing.

Funny you know. Since you kept saying that this is a non issue. Yet you continually post here attempting to bicker with me. Sorry I won't join you. But proving something to some stranger on the internet who has developed a hard on for me isn't terribly productive. When logic fails, it becomes a personal attack. Sorry but I don't care enough about you to take your rants personally. So you can keep posting at me instead of talking too me if you want. But eventually I will just put you on ignore. :)

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
The idea you see in the whole “corporate-offices-ban-tobacco-products-of-any-kind-on-their-property” thread is interesting because it shows how American social movements work and how early gutlessness can come back to bite you later.

A long, long time ago (I think it was during the Reagan administration), corporations decided that they would start drug-testing programs and therein lies an idea that is finally having a greater impact on more people today than it ever has before.

A great many Americans fail to understand their constitutional rights, and what those rights mean in a broader context and this happy circumstance has allowed companies large and small to confuse the word, ‘employer’ with the word, ‘owner.’

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights protect American citizens from unlawful search and seizure with respect to home, property and person. When the government needs to violate that protection, it requires due process of law, like a search warrant issued by authorities who have formal, documented reasons to suspect someone may have committed some specific illegal act. Corporations are a different animal.

In the mid-eighties, companies were encouraged to weed out drug-use (and undo the philosophical heresies of the Sixties and Seventies) by tying drug-testing to the implied contract in the employer/employee relationship.

This meant that your boss could hold himself to an information-standard with respect to your behavior that the government didn’t and couldn’t give itself. Encouraged by the blessing of successive right-wing administrations and the lack of real outcry or organized opposition, any employer can now consider it his right to demand the kind of insight into your life that even the FBI considered beyond its reach and demanding the right to control your most intimate behavior while on their property is only a small extension of that idea.

This brings us to today and American Social movements.

If you’re reading this, you can pat yourself on the back and say that you’re living through an intense phase in American History and its latest social movement. It’s a movement with all the passion of the movement that ended slavery, or the one that gave women the right to vote, or the one that brought about the miserable idiocy of Prohibition.

The anti-smoking movement is driven by the nasty triumphalist energy that can only come from knowing that your belief-system makes you better than people who don’t share it. Movements like that never take the inconsistency, inaccuracy or unfairness of what they say into account: your race, sexuality or ethnic origin are strictly no one’s business as far as corporate America is concerned; so long as you’re sober on the job, you can drink all the booze you like, but nicotine addiction is fair game and being a smoker, or now even a vaper, is creating a situation where it is beginning to carry all the stigma of being black in Alabama in the fifties--non-smokers consider it their right to tell you to sit in the back of the bus.

We’re becoming a society that is opening the door to people’s worst impulses--one where you might be a complete idiot, and still count yourself as smarter and better than any smoker--offering its participants the pleasure of being part of a mechanism that gives them the power to control other people’s actions without their consent and without compensation.

In the end, it isn’t anything like universal health care because it has nothing whatsoever to do with today’s government, or even with the Reagan administration that refused to slap down companies that made a violation of their employees privacy a condition of their employment. The fault is ours because, way back when, we did nothing whatsoever to stop it.

Big Brother is alive and well, but he works for the boardroom.
I agree with you completely. Sadly, this is a (seemingly) taboo subject on this forum. But I do agree 100% Unfortunately there has been a ton of collateral damage associated with narcotic use. which makes it very difficult for people to be objective on this topic. Vaping in your car however has never hurt anyone and I think everyone here (except for one person who seems to have a hard on for me) will agree.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I will have to call my agent to be sure that I have no policies and that none will be packaged in my insurance coverage. Thanks for the heads up.
I do not investigate every company that I do business with, I do feel however that it is my duty not to encourage discriminatory practices by allowing those to profit from my patronization. I will not argue about the right of a corporation to infringe on the legal civil liberties of others because they own property, until I see proof that they do.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
Again I stand corrected. You must like the sound of your fingers clicking on the keyboard. (It didn't realize you weren't smart enough to get the metaphor what with your superior PR skills and all)

I suspected that your next post would be another personal attack on me and I was right. Thanks! It feels good to be right!

If you don't remember the "for the children" sideways anti-psuedo logic you used before I suggest you go back and reread your posts. If you don't want to be viewed as an anti stop acting like one. I will say it again dude. You can attack me all you want. It doesnt change a thing.

Funny you know. Since you kept saying that this is a non issue. Yet you continually post here attempting to bicker with me. Sorry I won't join you. But proving something to some stranger on the internet who has developed a hard on for me isn't terribly productive. When logic fails, it becomes a personal attack. Sorry but I don't care enough about you to take your rants personally. So you can keep posting at me instead of talking too me if you want. But eventually I will just put you on ignore. :)

Im posting, still trying to get an answer on why you are descriminatory against state farm when there are tons of companies who do the same exact thing?

You refuse to answer questions. You have no real information. You are continually taking things out of context, and YOU are always on the attack. If you had any real intention of doing good, your post would be less about me, and more about the topic. Its ovbious you are taking my "rants" personally as your post dont reflect your topic whatsoever. :)

Quote the "for the children" remarks I made. Probrably just another remark made that you have again, taken out of context. No wonder your working at an e-cig vendor, your reading comprehension stinks.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
I agree with you completely. Sadly, this is a (seemingly) taboo subject on this forum. But I do agree 100% Unfortunately there has been a ton of collateral damage associated with narcotic use. which makes it very difficult for people to be objective on this topic. Vaping in your car however has never hurt anyone and I think everyone here (except for one person who seems to have a hard on for me) will agree.

Seems your unable to be objective about it as well. Proof that we do not exhale nicotine in the vapor is nonexistant. Nicotine does have negative effects on the body. So before you continue your hippocritical cracks, you should read up on electronic cigarettes/personal vaporizers and learn a bit about them. You seem very uneducated on the subject. You really should have done the research into electronic cigarettes a few months ago when you first joined, rather than attempting to act like a know-it-all newby.

Last edited:

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Seems your unable to be objective about it as well. Proof that we do not exhale nicotine in the vapor is nonexistant. Nicotine does have negative effects on the body. So before you continue your hippocritical cracks, you should read up on electronic cigarettes/personal vaporizers and learn a bit about them. You seem very uneducated on the subject. You really should have done the research into electronic cigarettes a few months ago when you first joined, rather than attempting to act like a know-it-all newby.
site for me one case where an e-cig user's exhaled vapor hurt someone. Site one. You can't. But let's pretend you could. Explain to me how this hurt someone outside the vehicle if the vaper was using it inside one. Again you can't.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Im posting, still trying to get an answer on why you are descriminatory against state farm when there are tons of companies who do the same exact thing?

You refuse to answer questions. You have no real information. You are continually taking things out of context, and YOU are always on the attack. If you had any real intention of doing good, your post would be less about me, and more about the topic. Its ovbious you are taking my "rants" personally as your post dont reflect your topic whatsoever. :)

Quote the "for the children" remarks I made. Probrably just another remark made that you have again, taken out of context. No wonder your working at an e-cig vendor, your reading comprehension stinks.
You equated my call for a boycott of companies who prohibit an employee's ecig use (in their own vehicle) To me promoting the use of ecigs in schools.

Your rhetoric is tired. You have not made a valid point there at all. No one including you is stupid enough to actually believe that. I have already said my piece on this boycot. You reject the idea. Great. Not sure what else we have to talk about. I am sure you love a good argument but I do not. I think you just need to have the last word.

I can't give you the last word but here. Allow me to provide this electronic simulation for you. I will now place you on ignore which will make me unable to rebutt your posts. So whatever you post next will give you the simulation of having the last word. This will also protect the children from accidently walking up and seeing your mindless drivel on my screen. (see there it's for the children. I used your favorite roadblock.) Have a nice life. Keep up the hard work helping faceless corporations abuse their employees. I bet it feels great!

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
site for me one case where an e-cig user's exhaled vapor hurt someone. Site one. You can't. But let's pretend you could. Explain to me how this hurt someone outside the vehicle if the vaper was using it inside one. Again you can't.

So you're refuting the fact that nicotine does cause vasoconstriction, elevating the bloodpressure above normal levels? Please, either answer this, or submissively admit that you dont know anything. :)

I know your afraid to answer as it will only show your inability to argue with real facts presented.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
You equated my call for a boycott of companies who prohibit an employee's ecig use (in their own vehicle) To me promoting the use of ecigs in schools.

Your rhetoric is tired. You have not made a valid point there at all. No one including you is stupid enough to actually believe that. I have already said my piece on this boycot. You reject the idea. Great. Not sure what else we have to talk about. I am sure you love a good argument but I do not. I think you just need to have the last word.

I can't give you the last word but here. Allow me to provide this electronic simulation for you. I will now place you on ignore which will make me unable to rebutt your posts. So whatever you post next will give you the simulation of having the last word. This will also protect the children from accidently walking up and seeing your mindless drivel on my screen. (see there it's for the children. I used your favorite roadblock.) Have a nice life. Keep up the hard work helping faceless corporations abuse their employees. I bet it feels great!

Thats your biggest problem. You can't handle people with a different view. You have the "top dog" complex making you afraid to lose. In this sort of environment, there is no win or lose...only insight gained by looking at both sides. You can't possibly win anything without being able to look at both sides and understand both sides. Without that ability, you can't predict and plan for the next move. Besides, this isnt a boycott. Its a few people who wont actively persue insurance with them.

Whether you can see my posts or not(immature to put someone on ignore just because you can't hurt their feelings) Ill be here buddy, while you'll slowly disapear in the mix.

Oh, and as far as helping faceless corporations abuse their employees...I hope you have fun exploiting your customers with 150$ kits at your vendors.

Last edited:
Some companies won't employ anyone who uses nicotine regardless of the delivery method.

If they banned nicotine consumption instead of specifically naming e-cigs , would you still be up in arms about it ?

Since nicotine addiction is a clinical diagnosis for which nicotine can be prescribed, I believe you are referring to a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Since nicotine addiction is a clinical diagnosis for which nicotine can be prescribed, I believe you are referring to a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
I hadn't considered that. I was just thinking it was a violation of privacy. But you are right. If someone is under a doctors care and using a patch or gum to treat addiction and were fired for testing positive for nicotine they would have a pretty good lawsuit. Good point!

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Well, it looks like I'm going to be doing business with them. Sorry folks but I just found out they insure the iphone (which AT&T doesn't) for about 30-40 bucks a year.

This is the only insurance company that I know is doing this.
Lloyds of london will insure anything including your legs. (I remember reading that Jamie Lee Curtis's legs were insured for a million bucks by them once.) Couldn't say what their premiums on something like that would be. State farm might be cheaper..

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
I just called Farm Bureau because I have all of my other insurances through them. I am waiting for my rep to call me back. Hopefully they offer this. If not, maybe I just gave them the idea to start offering it since they know one of their biggest competitors is doing it.

That's crazy about Jamie Lee Curtis' legs but I guess if she lost them, she would have lost a lot more than a million bucks. I guess with her profession, it's similar to long term disability but a lot less than 66% of her income!

Last edited:

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
Lloyds of london will insure anything including your legs. (I remember reading that Jamie Lee Curtis's legs were insured for a million bucks by them once.) Couldn't say what their premiums on something like that would be. State farm might be cheaper..
I didn't know about Jamie lee but Betty Grable had hers insured through them for a mil way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread