Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Had it been out a day sooner, I'd have changed my order. Well, guess I'll have to wait until woodvils are in stock and add it to the cart then (that means email you to change the order, time is valuable when buying a woodvil ain't it? :p ) . It looks really nice!

There were some people that loaded items in their cart before the sale. That way it was there and didn't take more time from the catch!

Always best to sign in the site before it goes down for stock update too. That's a free hint BTW.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
If you glue these on how are you going to get them off to clean your button? I have to take my button out all the time for cleaning

I had that concern, the first brass ones I made, I made them press fit like Rob's delrin ones. That required much precision & was time consuming, I now use self adhesive that is removeable because. Sounds like that would be a great way to attach these too.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
They will match my knees :)

Such a great material, and they could be anodized almost any color. I have a lot of experience working with Ti, and unfortunately, it is BRUTAL on tooling. It wants to gall and smear like a beast, and it basically ruins anything that you use to machine it unless you are really set up to work with it on a dedicated basis. Would be cool though. I am hoping for a Ti Grand someday, which would be the be-all-end-all mod.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Such a great material, and they could be anodized almost any color. I have a lot of experience working with Ti, and unfortunately, it is BRUTAL on tooling. It wants to gall and smear like a beast, and it basically ruins anything that you use to machine it unless you are really set up to work with it on a dedicated basis. Would be cool though. I am hoping for a Ti Grand someday, which would be the be-all-end-all mod.

I don't think so as long as you repect the metal. Ti is what I mostly work with & is what I prefer to work with. I do anodize, stonewash, & carbidize finishes as well on the Ti stuff I make. I offered to do Ti buttons a few times but not many people here seemed to be interested. I think I still may make some but not here on ECF if you know what I mean. You know where to find me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread