Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
uga4etah.jpg

Me and this guy have been through a lot, I've dropped it many times, and today it finally gave up :( funeral will be held next week

In the meantime I look for a good price in a replacement :) the evic is great enough for me to not even be bothered by this and just get another

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
A new Evic every three months? Man thats expensive! Youre looking at over 400 bucks a year in pvs at that rate and thats without slowly amassing a collection.

Personally I'd look at a Reo, a Silver Bullet, a Provari, Zmax or even a Vamo before getting another Evic.

The first three are all tough as hell and practically guaranteed to make it more than 3 months even with the worst kinds of abuse.A few even include warranty and repair service.

Zmax isnt quite as tough but is slightly less expensive than the Reo or Provari. Silver Bullet is purely mechanical unless you add a Kick.

Vamo has about as many issues as the Evic with durability but at 40 bucks even if you were replacing one every three months you'd only be out 160 bucks versus 400 for 4 Evics.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
A new Evic every three months? Man thats expensive! Youre looking at over 400 bucks a year in pvs at that rate and thats without slowly amassing a collection.

Personally I'd look at a Reo, a Silver Bullet, a Provari, Zmax or even a Vamo before getting another Evic.

The first three are all tough as hell and practically guaranteed to make it more than 3 months even with the worst kinds of abuse.A few even include warranty and repair service.

Zmax isnt quite as tough but is slightly less expensive than the Reo or Provari. Silver Bullet is purely mechanical unless you add a Kick.

Vamo has about as many issues as the Evic with durability but at 40 bucks even if you were replacing one every three months you'd only be out 160 bucks versus 400 for 4 Evics.

Don't like box mods, don't need more mechs unless it's a high end, I'm getting a provari soon, have a zmax and hate it, and I hate every aspect of the vamo. Yes I have used them extensively, that's why I hate them. I put this thing through extreme abuse and would pay 600 for them, 400 is nothing

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Get a Sigelei telescope Zmax... is build like a tank.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Have a zmax already, I don't like the way zmax chips hit and they have button issues. I'm getting a provari in July and another evic in the meantime

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
also wanted to throw this out there, there is a spare part, as joyetech calls it, called the evic easy head (don't laugh, thats what they decided to call it lol)
the description is kind of vague, but it has been assumed that it has the electronics of the regular evic, just no display and that adjustments are done through the computer interface, but it is dirt cheap, like $25.
i think this would be a perfect backup, or even regular use device, i rarely mess with my evic, once i have my coil / wick dialed in and even have found when i am out and about that the control ring will in inadvertently get bumped and mess up my settings.

the new head was just released this month though, so might take awhile to see it on vendors shelves (i have been looking daily)

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
the new version of the eVic has screws holding the top cap on to help prevent this, and you don't need to buy a whole new kit, just the control head.

I was going to ask if this was an old-style or an improved evic. The older evics have the top part (510 connector and dripwell base) glued to the head. The new ones have two small screws to help hold it in place.

Mine is the new style. It has survived one fall so far but I don't feel confident that it would survive many more.

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
I was going to ask if this was an old-style or an improved evic. The older evics have the top part (510 connector and dripwell base) glued to the head. The new ones have two small screws to help hold it in place.

Mine is the new style. It has survived one fall so far but I don't feel confident that it would survive many more.

My eVic is also rev 1, without the screws, it has survived at least 5 to 6 tip overs on a table, and one nasty fall out of my coat pocket onto a vinyl tile floor at the airport. I think it probably has used up it's nine lives and one more might do it in. that is why i have been anxiously awaiting the new cheaper head for a spare. I have also been thinking of getting a provari as a backup / mobile device. I love the eVic and will continue to use it, but lets face it, the provari is built like a sherman tank.

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
I read something in the evic subforum about a new evic being released next month. Any one hear anything about this?

check out my previous post. If you go to joyetech's site it is listed, and was released last month, still waiting for it to show up on vendors shelves though.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo

I had the old one which I purchased from Canada, the control head damaged in 3 months, I ordered 2 from Greece last week, the seller told me it new version but I can't see any screws on the top, I send him email but still waiting an answer.

Please can you tell me if the screws in your on your control head appears from the top?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I had the old one which I purchased from Canada, the control head damaged in 3 months, I ordered 2 from Greece last week, the seller told me it new version but I can't see any screws on the top, I send him email but still waiting an answer.

Please can you tell me if the screws in your on your control head appears from the top?

No screws = original release NOT NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread