Broke my evic today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Mine is ok because it brand new but I had the same old version which last for 3 months then the top became lose and I had to solider the wires 3 times the control ring stop working in left direction then after 2 weeks stopped working in both direction. I ordered from Greece one complete kit and another control head with leo telescopic mod hopefully , that I will get the new version but unfortunately the seller was not honest with me, he promised for something and he delivered something else.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
ITS ALIVE!! resoldered and superglued the press fit, works like a charm again
yneny2eq.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dc321

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Spacecoast Florida
I love my Evic, and have been using it for about 4 months already. I thought all the head popping stories were a bunch of BS and people were just being rough on the device. Until it happened to me a few weeks ago, never been dropped. Placed it in my pocket pulled it out and the head separated. Funny thing is my girlfriend was giving me a lecture a few hrs before on the money I spent on the Provari mini i just received. First words out of her mouth were, " Good thing you bought a Provari" lol. Little bit of super glue and it was good to go again.

legaldisaster

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
Maryland
I fell asleep on my eVic and the top pulled out, first thought was all cool the wires are still connected, then as I went to wedge the top back in the wires came loose. Now I have two eVics to fix,mine and my bro's first one. Earlier today I went out and grabbed a soldering kit, but spaced on super glue, so I will get that on my way home from work. Luckily for me my Sigelei telescope still works, but just not very well.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
bfrie:9663713 said:
uga4etah.jpg

Me and this guy have been through a lot, I've dropped it many times, and today it finally gave up :( funeral will be held next week

In the meantime I look for a good price in a replacement :) the evic is great enough for me to not even be bothered by this and just get another

thats easy to fix

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I purchased a Kir Fanis Telescoped Evic today, and the control head is a V1, meaning I will need to epoxy it to prevent it from breaking.

How hard is it to pry the top of the control head off? Can anyone recommend me the epoxy they use? Preferably something I could pick up at a Home Depot or Walmart. And of course, any tips you may have for this procedure. Thanks!

Last edited:

garz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I purchased a Kir Fanis Telescoped Evic today, and the control head is a V1, meaning I will need to epoxy it to prevent it from breaking.

How hard is it to pry the top of the control head off? Can anyone recommend me the epoxy they use? Preferably something I could pick up at a Home Depot or Walmart. And of course, any tips you may have for this procedure. Thanks!

Yeah, just received a evic that's version 1. Wanted to do the same, just don't know how to go about popping it out.. +1 for GetVaked's question.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Yeah, just received a evic that's version 1. Wanted to do the same, just don't know how to go about popping it out.. +1 for GetVaked's question.

Do NOT willingly Damage your eVic.

There are tens of thousands out there that Have had NO issue with popping apart. There have been several hundred reports of damage from dropping. That equates to a Very small percentage.
If/when the head separates it would be a good idea to check the wiring and Epoxy back together. ONLY if/when

Many of us have eVics that have survived multiple drops without any issues.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Do NOT willingly Damage your eVic.

There are tens of thousands out there that Have had NO issue with popping apart. There have been several hundred reports of damage from dropping. That equates to a Very small percentage.
If/when the head separates it would be a good idea to check the wiring and Epoxy back together. ONLY if/when

Many of us have eVics that have survived multiple drops without any issues.

What he said. Mine survived quite a few drops, and hard drops at that, until it fell off my car onto straight gravel

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Superglue is not a long term solution. I dropped mine, the head popped off, I re-soldered it and superglued it back together. Within a week, it popped back out again, rebreaking the wires. I ended up using shrink tape to hold it together after resolder effort 2.0. I ended up getting a replacement head in a CoOp for 40 bucks. If you like your eVic, this is a needed insurance policy IMHO. The new head I got has screws and has had zero issues.

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
had to send one of my eVICs back to the vendor today. had it about a mont. right after i got it, the screen completely freaked out. rebooted it and it seemed fine, but it would do stupid stuff like id throw a 1.8 head in my tank, and it would show it as a 2.5 to 4.0. then the threads started getting REALLY loose. looking at them thru a jewelers loupe, the threads looked fine, but like i said, LOOSE LOOSE LOOSE. then, starting yesterday, id put an atomizer on it ( didnt make a difference which brand) it would start telling me stupid stuff like "atomizer short" and/or "atomizer not found". in looking, the center pin in the head was extremely loose. no problems with my other ones. i did however find one vendor online who had the eVIC easy head for $18.75 (i wont mention the vendor as ive got my .... chewed out for doing so in the past here) just to have on hand. i am on the go quite often and have found myself lately grabbing my basic mod (joyetech ego t V2 control head.eVIC tube) for on the go as id hate to drop an eVIC off my harley at 80 on the highway. i havent read any bad reviews on the evic easy head.....i guess we will see what it can do when i get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread