Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So am I good to vape it then??

I agree with Bombastintor. It looks like imperfect cleaning. If it bothers you, remove the stained wicks, clean your atomizer one more time (Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the tank base and will evaporate quickly, follow with clean water). Did you dry burn the coil? What kind of coil is it? What kind of wire? I know very little about fancy/exotic coils, but I believe they can be gently dry burned (unless the wire is Titanium--Ti should never be dry burned). I rinse my coils on the posts first, then pulse a few times at low orange until they stop smoking, then rinse again under water, dry them off and rewick with fresh cotton. Do it and see if it gets better.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Those wicks and coils look fine, unless you're vaping a green liquid. That's how they normally look and those coils look pretty clean. Me? I'd vape them as is and maybe in a day or two take another looksee and if it's darker and the coils have black gunk on them, clean it up and rewick.

I thought you gave up on vaping?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Katya, RDA was perfectly clean, as likely the coil, I'd say with some confidence.

(Could it be that it's not what the wick brought up but the coil put out. Turn this question on its head.)

Good luck. :)

Huh? I'm not following... How would a clean coil stain the wick?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Huh? I'm not following... How would a clean coil stain the wick?

It doesn't. It's juice that's staining the wick. Why?

I'd look at the build and see where points of constriction or inconsistency live. What are their likely effect. Any correlations? Where does heated yet unvaporized juice go? How? What does it become?

It's been my observation that the more symmetrical the build geometrically and functionally the better and cleaner the output. First hour tells you how well you did.

Whether that's desirable depends on the user. You get the vape you make.

Its curiosity that gets us to the best I've ever had beyond today.

Good luck. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I get that, but it was my understanding that the OP never used that coil--just cleaned and rewicked. :facepalm: If that's a used coil, then of course you're right, as usual. :)

Not to sure there's a diff but get your poss reasoning. About one of the most common observations on staining from the jump are instances of end-turn wick contact gaps. Either present from the build or created by exit pressure when wick is too tight there. You'll see rapid buildup. Incidentally why I don't like twisting or rolling wicking as it creates irregularities in the density (and internal flow).

Yes I do, have too much time on my hands…to sit around vape shops watching the grains of sand. But please don't tell me I need a hobby. :D

Maybe not all that right at all, but I've got a theory to test.

Good luck K. :)

p.s. @CCVapes23, thx for the great pic and observations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread