bumming smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I'm glad this thread was zombied. I read every post and have had most of the same things happen to me.

The worst for me recently was a guy I worked with who "Didn't Smoke". However it seemed he would always bum several a week from me. At least he would buy me a pack every month or two, which would cover about half of what he bummed. I know he is going to try it when we get back to the states.

I also remember loosies that were 10c each. Of course, a pack of smokes at the time was about $1.50~1.70 so the stores had no problem making the extra money.

Any else seriously consider buying friends e-cigs? I'm really tempted to buy my best friend a setup for a combination XMas/BDay present.

-----

As for saving money, just look at my banner. It includes the cost of my daily juice and coil usage, Vape Box, and ~$15 a month (repace batteries, tanks, wire, cotton etc). Only thing not include was my initial Mods and tanks. Since I got my Mods at a nice discount (gotta love Black Friday) the money I have saved in a month of not smoking has paid for them. Granted I have a *TON* of juice, but I don't think I'll be buying much other than what comes with my monthly Vape Box. In another two months my cost savings will cover all my tanks, RBAs, RDAs, initial rebuild supplies and tools.

The only thing not paid off by the monthly savings will then be all the juice I bought. However since I plan to vape all of it and included $2.20 a day of juice and $2.20 a day for my vape box (which has 75ml of juice) in my daily savings calculation even at worse (ie unexpected gotta have it $100+ items) I'll be completely in the black at five months in.

Additionally all the numbers are just from cigarette consumption. We are ignoring cigars, pipe tobacco, and supplies for the two above (lighter, pipes, cleaning supplies, humidifier, etc). I will be giving away cigars and pipe tobacco for a while into the future, since even my portible humidifier out here has ~$200 of cigars in it.

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
Wow I'm glad this thread was zombied. I read every post and have had most of the same things happen to me.

The worst for me recently was a guy I worked with who "Didn't Smoke". However it seemed he would always bum several a week from me. At least he would buy me a pack every month or two, which would cover about half of what he bummed. I know he is going to try it when we get back to the states.

I also remember loosies that were 10c each. Of course, a pack of smokes at the time was about $1.50~1.70 so the stores had no problem making the extra money.

Any else seriously consider buying friends e-cigs? I'm really tempted to buy my best friend a setup for a combination XMas/BDay present.

-----

As for saving money, just look at my banner. It includes the cost of my daily juice and coil usage, Vape Box, and ~$15 a month (repace batteries, tanks, wire, cotton etc). Only thing not include was my initial Mods and tanks. Since I got my Mods at a nice discount (gotta love Black Friday) the money I have saved in a month of not smoking has paid for them. Granted I have a *TON* of juice, but I don't think I'll be buying much other than what comes with my monthly Vape Box. In another two months my cost savings will cover all my tanks, RBAs, RDAs, initial rebuild supplies and tools.

The only thing not paid off by the monthly savings will then be all the juice I bought. However since I plan to vape all of it and included $2.20 a day of juice and $2.20 a day for my vape box (which has 75ml of juice) in my daily savings calculation even at worse (ie unexpected gotta have it $100+ items) I'll be completely in the black at five months in.

Additionally all the numbers are just from cigarette consumption. We are ignoring cigars, pipe tobacco, and supplies for the two above (lighter, pipes, cleaning supplies, humidifier, etc). I will be giving away cigars and pipe tobacco for a while into the future, since even my portible humidifier out here has ~$200 of cigars in it.

I am $200 over my savings so far hahahaha! but that is clearly because I didn't find what I needed so quickly and still experimenting. So basically I am in the red... but whatever I do not use I will give to others to help them on their way if they ask or show interest.I would rather share to beat an addiction than to supply cigs like I used to before to anyone who asked!

WendyM

ECF Veteran
I am $200 over my savings so far hahahaha! but that is clearly because I didn't find what I needed so quickly and still experimenting. So basically I am in the red... but whatever I do not use I will give to others to help them on their way if they ask or show interest.I would rather share to beat an addiction than to supply cigs like I used to before to anyone who asked!

Same here. I keep a couple of clean tips in my purse and preach the gospel of vaping whenever someone wants to bum a smoke off of me and if anyone is interested I'll give them a free mini if I happen to have one on hand.

astrophil

Aug 9, 2014
washington, dc
when im vapiing people either
a) look at me weird
b) ask me if im smoking [OtherStuff]/if you can smoke [OtherStuff] using my vape
c) ask me for a cigarette
d) ask if they can take a hit off my vape

the weirdest is asking me for a cigarette. its like. does it look like im smoking a cigarette?
my ipv3 doesnt look ANYTHING like a cigarette.
i guess its because of the vapor.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
the weirdest is asking me for a cigarette. its like. does it look like im smoking a cigarette?
my ipv3 doesnt look ANYTHING like a cigarette.
i guess its because of the vapor.

ROFL... when the guy in the Kroger parking lot tried to bum a smoke off me, the first thing I did was look at my Vamo, "does this look like a cigarette???" Maybe I could understand it if I'd been sucking on my eRoll, but I've never seen a cigarette the size of a vamo, and not too many cigars either! So I figured it must have just been the cloud I exhaled -- in cool damp weather as it was that night, even my high-PG juice causes a pretty significant cloud!

[Moderated]

;)
Andria

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread