bumming smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violation

Moved On
May 7, 2014
Al
My dumb little experience but there's not enough posts on this forum, so...

I was waiting for my car to get fixed, sitting on a bench near a train station, smoking my njoy. This guy on the other side of the tracks goes "Hey bro! Can you spare a smoke?!" I say, "that's not a cigarette." And he walks away looking ....... Can't blame him. I wouldn't believe me either. But hey it's true. I didn't even have to lie and tell him it was my last one, although I would have been glad to do so if I was smoking a real cig. I HATE when dudes come up and ask me for a cigarette. With my e-cig, I can blow them off AND still have a clean conscience. I love it.

very interesting story, E-cig help us cut some social life cost indirectly. Say no to those unpopular dudes.
actually, it does save more bucks for vapers.

Violation

Moved On
May 7, 2014
Al
A guy at the local bar used to buy a smoke from me for a quarter... when I used to smoke. Maybe next time I go there I should take some of those rubber vape condoms and sell hits off my Provari? Just an idea!!

why not realize the idea? then you would be the biggest rubber vape condoms manufacturer or supplier. ......kidding can become a big fortune!

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It was frustrating enough for perfect strangers to walk up to me on break and plee for a smoke. Now I get perfect strangers asking to puff off my MVP 2 and wonder why I say no.
Why do people think it's kosher to stick them mouth on my MVP it's gross

SO true !
Its totally UN-hygienic AND can help transmit diseases too (like Hepatitis for one, and probably tons of others too, down to the common cold or the Flu).

I simply cant imagine how ANYONE could feel justified to ask something like that of a passerby...even between "friends" it's probably best to avoid it ...it would have to be a really close friend for me to even consider it ;)

However,like you, it HAS happened to me a couple of times, in the street, at the bus stop....( and almost always starts with a request for a cig ) and then people look at you like you're really weird when you refuse?????!!!!!!

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Makes me think of one time with my friend when I used to smoke. We are on a patio enjoying a beer, talking. When this bum comes up to us and asks us if we have a cigarette to spare. I say "no" but obviously my (too) nice friend gives him one, and it was disappointing that he didn't say "Thanks". What he did say though, is "do you also have spare change"...sadly for him we didn't, I mean honestly hehe. So he asked if he could take a gulp of our beer Hahaha

I kid you not, it's a true story. And I'd love to say that he said that as a joke, but he was dead serious!
:toast:

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
I had a guy in my apartment building who would snipe me for cigarettes. As soon as he would hear my foot steps, he would hurry up and come out before I finished my cigarette and go back in. Anyhow, this had been going on for a few months, and I was getting slightly annoyed. And, like all bums, he'd always ask if I had an "extra" cigarette. Actually, I didn't, there's no such thing as an "extra" cigarette, they are all too expensive and just because I have multiple on me does not mean I like to keep extras, I actually intend to smoke them. Needless to say, I started coming out with only 1 smoke, the one I intended to smoke for myself.

Then he came out, asked for an extra cig, and I said sorry, I don't have any, just this one. He then proceeded to ask me for a drag off of mine, to which I promptly said "no". We then had a falling out, with him calling me all kinds of names, then telling me "I can't figure you out, I can never know your attitude towards me, etc etc"... you know, the kind of stuff one would say to make you feel bad and manipulate you. For a frickin' cigarette!!!!. I was relieved when he finally moved out - he had actually been kicked out of his previous place and was freeloading on his daughter... and relying on the goodness of others for the furthering of his bad habits :nah:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Wow, this thread is a zombie! It was started in 08 and is now alive again after 5 years! :tumble:
    Well I'm glad for one reason anyway that zombies are hard to kill! The post I've quoted below that I wanted to make reply post to is from that time! I'm glad I saw this post, so I don't feel bad now!! :closedeyes:

Anyone actually added up to see if they've saved any money since switching?
    I've been vapin' for three months now (today is day 90), and I haven't bought a pack of nails (and only smoked half a one about 2 months ago) in those three months! That would've cost me at least close to 300 bucks, and I've only spent 85 bucks or so in that time!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I had a guy in my apartment building who would snipe me for cigarettes. As soon as he would hear my foot steps, he would hurry up and come out before I finished my cigarette and go back in. Anyhow, this had been going on for a few months, and I was getting slightly annoyed. And, like all bums, he'd always ask if I had an "extra" cigarette. Actually, I didn't, there's no such thing as an "extra" cigarette, they are all too expensive and just because I have multiple on me does not mean I like to keep extras, I actually intend to smoke them. Needless to say, I started coming out with only 1 smoke, the one I intended to smoke for myself.

Then he came out, asked for an extra cig, and I said sorry, I don't have any, just this one. He then proceeded to ask me for a drag off of mine, to which I promptly said "no". We then had a falling out, with him calling me all kinds of names, then telling me "I can't figure you out, I can never know your attitude towards me, etc etc"... you know, the kind of stuff one would say to make you feel bad and manipulate you. For a frickin' cigarette!!!!. I was relieved when he finally moved out - he had actually been kicked out of his previous place and was freeloading on his daughter... and relying on the goodness of others for the furthering of his bad habits :nah:

The bum that used to live next door to me was one of my biggest reasons for going ahead with e-cigs and finally quitting smoking; I told him over and over and over that i could barely afford to support MY OWN habit, nevermind his too... it never stopped him asking; just as soon as he'd smell my cigarette, up the hill he would come, to bum another, or offer me some odd change for one. I even gave him my last open pack... and a week later, he sees me at the mailbox and sez "so, you don't have anymore cigarettes?" I freaking went OFF on him, screaming "I gave you the very last I'm ever going to buy! QUIT SMOKING OR GET A JOB!" I think I scared him; he scuttled in, and never asked again. Thank god he moved out before I had my little backslide in the summer, or I'm quite sure he'd have been bumming again.

Last week in the Kroger parking lot someone asked if he could bum a smoke, probably just saw my cloud; I just waved my Vamo at him and said "it's not a cigarette, I don't smoke anymore." He just laughed. :D

Andria

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2012
    The burbies of Cleveland
    I had that happen while I was walking from the train station to work in downtown Cleveland.

Ma'am, you got an extra cigarette?
    (Well, at least he was polite about it!)
    I reached in my purse and handed him an 808 battery with a menthol 808 carto and the USB charger that went with it. Never used the damn thing anyway and I kept it in my purse for just such an occasion.

He looked pretty dumbfounded as I walked away lol...

Reactions: Snugglepooter

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 17, 2011
    brooklyn ny
    when I was young I used to go club hopping with my brother and my cousin it was always the same routine, I'd have to stop and buy 2 packs of smokes because all night they would constantly bug me for cigarettes. if I only had one pack I'd run out each and every time. then one night I decided to solve that, as we set out I went into the store and just bought them each a pack and none for me, then all night proceeded to bust there chops every 20 minutes, gimme a cigarette, gimme a cigarette, just so they can see what a pita it is :)

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2012
    Houston
    Love this thread. When I smoked, my biggest pet-peeve was people asking for a cigarette...particularly strangers. I didn't have a problem if it was a friend or acquaintance that I knew purchased their own cigarettes but just happened to be out at the moment. However, it annoyed me to no end when random people or people that I knew were leeches would continuously ask for a cigarette.

It annoyed me even more when they would ask if they could buy a cigarette. I would usually say yes just to see how much they would offer, which was usually $0.25. I would actually say "no, sorry. Your $0.25 doesn't even cover the cost of the cigarette (here a pack of Reds is up to $7+). If you would like to purchase one, it will be $1." They would usually get mad at me and I would ask them "do you go into a grocery market and argue that the price of a single coke can should be the same as a 12-pack divided by the price? You get a benefit when you purchase in bulk. Also, you are asking me to sell you a cigarette so you don't get to dictate price. I am not going to subsidize your addiction." That usually shut them up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread