Can I bum a vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Imagine a future where you run into vapers as much as smokers presently.
You know that guy, the one who never has enough of his own cigs and you always had to ask for your lighter back.
Can you bum someone a vape?

Generally I have at least one 3ml squirt bottle with me. Often I have a spare battery. I always have a spare ecig (but I always forget the condoms and I'm somewhat of a germaphobe so that one would be tough, I'd probably have to throw out the tank or tip depending on who it was).

Have you ever bummed someone a vape? How about bummed a vape to a smoker who ran out?

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I actually get pretty annoyed when I'm out in public vaping and some random people come and ask to try it...

After I tell them where they can buy one I just say I have hepatitis or cold sores and I don't want them to get it, when that doesn't bother them I just walk away... :D

A few weeks ago I was out with my missus and her friend built up the courage to ask me for a puff which I gave them since I had met him a few times, straight after I rinsed out the drip tip in a nearby glass of water with lemon, he clearly saw me do that but still asked me a few more times for a puff... After the third time I just started getting this really annoyed look on my face but that didn't stop him...

Should have just said no first time :evil:

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
My father-in-law and I have occasionally shared things.. like "Hey papa, i'm expecting juice today, can i have a ml of yours to tide me over?" or he'll ask me for a vivi nova head until he can get to the B&M. I lent my sister in law my old kgo while she was here visiting, too.

Essentially it would be at my own discretion. friends and family, sure. we're in this together. Random guy at school? I'm not above looking someone right in the eye and telling them i have mouth herpes to scare them off. I am completely shameless.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
he clearly saw me do that but still asked me a few more times for a puff... After the third time I just started getting this really annoyed look on my face but that didn't stop him...

Should have just said no first time :evil:

You would think that he would pick up on it and stop asking. I actually am pretty lax about letting people use my PV's and drip tips. If I really think someone is that gross or possibly diseased I just don't share with them, if it is a guy and I know them I usually wipe it off with my shirt, and if it is a pretty girl who who vapes I like it!

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
Imagine a future where you run into vapers as much as smokers presently.
You know that guy, the one who never has enough of his own cigs and you always had to ask for your lighter back.
Can you bum someone a vape?

Generally I have at least one 3ml squirt bottle with me. Often I have a spare battery. I always have a spare ecig (but I always forget the condoms and I'm somewhat of a germaphobe so that one would be tough, I'd probably have to throw out the tank or tip depending on who it was).

Have you ever bummed someone a vape? How about bummed a vape to a smoker who ran out?

So one time I let this frantic smoker rub some ejuice on her hands. 3 drops @ 18mg. Then I bum'd a smoke off someone for her. She's liked me ever since.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
EC Blend has a "friend tip" that fits over your mouthpiece. I carry one with me. But.....bumming a vape will be a one-time thing for me. I will use a friend tip and share with someone so that they can try it. After that, they are on their own. And if they asked again, I would have to let them know that my friend tips are for noobies who want to try vaping and since I would pay for them out of my own pocket, I have to save them for that. I'm much more protective over my pv than I ever was with my cigs! Guess I have lived and learned! :)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Closest I've come is a guy once came up to me with a cig in his mouth and asked for a light. I was standing out on a city street on my break, blowing clouds. When I checked my pockets and said I didn't have one and said "sorry man, I don't smoke" he looked at me with this expression.. like I was the biggest jerk liar he had seen that day.. lol. He walked before I could impart any knowledge :(

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You would think that he would pick up on it and stop asking. I actually am pretty lax about letting people use my PV's and drip tips. If I really think someone is that gross or possibly diseased I just don't share with them, if it is a guy and I know them I usually wipe it off with my shirt, and if it is a pretty girl who who vapes I like it!

Yeah you'd think so! Now it sucks because every time we see him I'm always worried he's going to ask me to use it again... So I just keep my PV in my pocket and have to vape alone... Its so annoying!

The "friend drip tip" idea doesn't sound too bad... Just carry a spare and let them use that!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I actually get pretty annoyed when I'm out in public vaping and some random people come and ask to try it...

After I tell them where they can buy one I just say I have hepatitis or cold sores and I don't want them to get it, when that doesn't bother them I just walk away... :D

I was prepared with a condom for the one person I let try it (she was not in need of nicotine, just curious). And she is one of those I would've thrown the tank away if it wasn't for the condom.

I have to ask my doctors but last time I was there I'm a candidate for immune-suppressants. When I mess up and shake someone's hand I get mad at myself and remind myself to start telling people no because if I do go on those drugs I won't have a learning period. So I've got a good excuse.

My father-in-law and I have occasionally shared things.. like "Hey papa, i'm expecting juice today, can i have a ml of yours to tide me over?" or he'll ask me for a vivi nova head until he can get to the B&M. I lent my sister in law my old kgo while she was here visiting, too.

Essentially it would be at my own discretion. friends and family, sure. we're in this together. Random guy at school? I'm not above looking someone right in the eye and telling them i have mouth herpes to scare them off. I am completely shameless.

I was wanting to let my nephew try one of mine this week but couldn't (forgot the condoms or a new tank). But it was more about my germs. The tanks I have in now are well used.
But I'd bum anyone a ml if they were running dry. If they were "that guy" it would quickly turn into a couple drops.
Screw onto a battery, sure, but if it goes missing like lighters did I'm paying someone's house a visit.

EC Blend has a "friend tip" that fits over your mouthpiece. I carry one with me. But.....bumming a vape will be a one-time thing for me. I will use a friend tip and share with someone so that they can try it. After that, they are on their own. And if they asked again, I would have to let them know that my friend tips are for noobies who want to try vaping and since I would pay for them out of my own pocket, I have to save them for that. I'm much more protective over my pv than I ever was with my cigs! Guess I have lived and learned! :)

My eGo-Cs came with mouth condoms. I'll have to pick up some extra drip tips. I just need to start remembering to bring them along.

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
I've shared with my friends on multiple occasions, this past weekend my girlfriends niece saw that I was using my ego clone and asked if she could try it because her and her boyfriend were going to finish off their last pack of smokes and attempt to change over to ecigs, so I shared and helped her out with a few links to vendors and to here.

Hopefully we'll have yet another convert or two.

As for complete strangers I'd have to say it'd be a case by case deal lol, I'm no stranger to sharing with others (comes from a misspent youth) lol

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I was wanting to let my nephew try one of mine this week but couldn't. But it was more about my germs. The tanks I have in now are well used.
But I'd bum anyone a ml if they were running dry. If they were "that guy" it would quickly turn into a couple drops.As for complete strangers I'd have to say it'd be a case by case deal lol, I'm no stranger to sharing with others (comes from a misspent youth) lol

Same youth, but if someone wanted to try my tobacco pipes (mostly used from ebay BTW) they had to be nuts. I don't understand what the difference is.

I always take 3 ecigs with me when I go to my mom's house. I have a niece that is getting hooked on MY ecig. Since trying it about 1 month ago, she has been wanting to get one but because of financial problems she hasn't been able to yet, so when I go visit my mom and she's there, she'll borrow one of my extras and keep it until one of us has to leave. Whenever I show up she always asks "what flavor do you have today?" I don't mind, if I can get her off the analogs I'll be sooooo happy and I know that she is enjoying all the different flavors so much that she will buy her an ecig as soon as she can.
I also had a nephew that bummed puffs off of mine and within about 2 weeks he had bought his own ecig.
So that's 2 down, now all that is left is my sister. And I know that when she gets the money, she is going to get her one as well. (The nephew I mentioned is her son, so between him and me we have her converted as well.)

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
I just don't think I could let a stranger try it, I have however let my smoking friends and family have a try, not very worried about that.

Same with me. I've done that. And one person so far has asked how to get one. His girlfriend just called me yesterday asking for the information.

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
LOL I love this...when I go to the bar, there's this guy I convert there sometimes, he always asks to try my PV. As I have quite a few different ones, and they hit better than his riva battery. One time he need juice and asked to bum some from me lol, I gave him some. But he put watermelon in his clearo that just had black liquorish in it eww! To each there own I guess. Keep on vaping guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread