burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
New York
I just received this clearomizer I bought here I filled and all but when I took a few puffs it taste like the plastic is burning or something, is not a strong taste but the taste i there, I'm not sure if I did anything wrong or it will go away after a few more puff? I tried their glassomizer with no issues, the problem is the clear space is so small is difficult for me to check if it's full or empty.

anyone can recommend me a good glasomizer or clearomizer there is so much not sure the difference as long an eGo battery can work with it. I have this battery Spinner IIIS 1600mAh 510/eGo Battery w/USB Passthrough I need a clear tank which is easy to see when it's full or empty (i'm legally blind so is hard to see). oh and yeah M2L lol.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
Hi, you're right, there are soooo many to choose from. You might like the Aspire Nautilus, very easy to see the juice level in the tank Aspire Nautilus Adjustable Airflow Tank System

As for getting a 'burnt' taste. Are you priming the coil? It's vital that you get the wicking material soaked in juice before puffing away. You need to prime the coil w/ juice, fill the tank , then let it sit for maybe 10 mins before using.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi -

The Nautilus Mini is excellent for ego batteries, so another vote for that. The Aspire K1 is slimmer and has fixed airflow, but it's a nice little tank with a slightly airy MTL draw. The tank is clear, and it's easy to work with.

When installing a new coil, set the battery at its minimum voltage - at least for the first few puffs. You can then gradually turn things up, if you prefer.

For tanks like those mentioned, it may be smart to use liquids that are at least 50% PG. If you don't chain vape, slightly thicker liquids might be OK.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
New York
Hi, you're right, there are soooo many to choose from. You might like the Aspire Nautilus, very easy to see the juice level in the tank Aspire Nautilus Adjustable Airflow Tank System

As for getting a 'burnt' taste. Are you priming the coil? It's vital that you get the wicking material soaked in juice before puffing away. You need to prime the coil w/ juice, fill the tank, then let it sit for maybe 10 mins before using.

no, I did not lol I'll try that next I guess thanks for the info and the tank I will check it. The battery I linked can power it?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Soaking a new coil assembly to saturate the filler material is just about mandatory for good performance. You can put some juice into a small bottle cap and put the coil in it for 30 minutes to allow it to saturate the wicking. You can put the left over juice back into the bottle. If the wicking ever gets scorched the flavor will be off or burnt depending on how much juice actually got to the filler.

Cartomizers used to come with a silicone cap. We'd fill the cap with juice and press it back onto the cartomizer and let it sit vertically on the cap for a while. The coil would soak up just about every bit of juice in the cap. It's hard to saturate a new coil properly by just dripping juice into it unless you take the time to keep adding juice until it can't take any more.

Either way you do it, blow out the excess juice into a napkin after priming before you vape the new coil.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RumbleFish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread