Status
Not open for further replies.

ferretlovr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Paradise, CA
I just sent another one:

Dear Governor,

I am a California resident who was just beginning to see the ravages of tobacco smoke on my body. I have tried so many things to quit, the gum, the patches, the lozenges... none of it worked.

Then I found the electronic cigarette. I have been using this device for about a month now and it is truly a lifesaver tossed to me in my sea of tobacco addiction. Within 2 days of obtaining this device, I have been able to stop smoking cigarettes. My lungs are clear, I can breathe deeply again for the first time in almost 40 years I don't smell like an ashtray. I no longer cough in the morning nor do I have a "cigarette cough" all day long that I had just a few weeks ago. My resting heartrate has dropped by 22 beats per minute in just 10 days of using this device. I feel human again and for the first time in a long time I have hope that I may live out the rest of my life without dragging an oxygen tank everywhere I go and that I may, in spite of all those years of smoking, be able to avoid the ravages of emphysema or lung cancer.

I realize that the FDA has not approved the electronic cigarette, but to ban it without proper testing just like that, would be a tragedy for me. I believe this will force me and many, many others who have at last found hope of breaking the chains of tobacco smoke and all the harmful chemicals it has been proven time and time again to contain, back to tobacco and I sincerely hope that you do not allow this to happen. Please do not ignore this bill or sign it, veto it.

Allow the ecigarettes to remain on the market for people like me and stand firm against these meddling bureaucrats who couldn't care less about smokers. We smokers have no voice in Calfornia. We are treated like second class citizens because we are addicted to cigarettes just as surely as a crack addict is addicted to crack. And now the one viable alternative is about to be taken from us with either your inaction or the stroke of a pen if you do not do the right thing.

I implore you to veto this bill Please help me avoid what we both KNOW will happen if I continue to smoke tobacco, not what a bunch of politicians THINK could be harmful at this juncture in time.

Besides, it's MY body, no one elses. I should have the right to choose between the ecigarette and tobacco.

Kindest regards,

Good One, Pugz
I sent you a pm,
Christine

Monty

Sep 28, 2009
south louisiana
According to the press release section of the official California Governor’s website, Senate Bill 400 (SB400) has been vetoed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. To view California Bills signed and vetoed by the Governor, visit California Legislative Update 2.

The Governator included this veto message to the Senate:

To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning Senate Bill 400 without my signature.

While I support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, I
cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is
currently being decided through pending litigation.

Items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to
purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco products. For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill.

Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger

View the pdf version of Arnold’s message to the California State Senate here.

Thank you to the Electronic Cigarette Association, specific ECA members who took action against the Bill, doctors and health care advocates who contacted the Governor, and the many, many consumers in California (and beyond) who wrote letters and sent emails to ensure that they continue to have the right to choose an alternative to a known killer.

It is good to know that at least some elected officials still find it important to base legislation on fact and not media propaganda.

Thank you Governor Schwarzenegger for upholding the great American traditional; freedom of choice.

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
This is old news?

To the Members of the California State Senate:
I am returning Senate Bill 400 without my signature.
While I support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, I
cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is
currently being decided through pending litigation.
Items defined as tobacco products are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to
purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they
should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco
products.
For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill.
Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger

All I know is there will be no stopping us.
we will do it even if its illegal.
just to get further away from the 4k chemicals in a cigarette.
I also told them there just creating more trouble & have no respect for the people. Trying to say what we can and can not choose to be better for us.

They allow the murder drug to be used for quitting. Yes chantix aka murder drug.
that should be banned.

just found this. Not sure if it will clue people in its minimal But very offensive to me.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9563453

Also how can i get my grandfather talked into leaving this country?
Im truly thinking about it. forget bringing my fiance here and just leave this place.
Yes my opinion but see no use living here. Grandfather is only thing holding me back from leaving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread