Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
USA
It looks fine to me, Sparky.

I have no idea if this is of any value, but I usually don't take my wicks all the way down to the deck. For reasons I neither know nor care, it always seems to be problematic for me when I do.

So I leave them dangling, cut just below the channels.

Could be absolutely worthless, but it works for me.
Thx, thats where I was trimming as well. The threads are a little crunchy at the start even with out any wicking. Starting think it's a defect in some way, but I don't know
The first one I got did not have any clamps or screws on the deck rendering it useless. Luckily the vendor made it right by replacement as EHPRO has been has been useless regarding missing parts. It doesn't weep or leak, it dumps everything right out the AFC. Have broken it down, lubed and reseated o rings. Not coming from tank or 510. Time to give it a good rest I guess.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Is the coil assembly clear of the air hole below...1mm or more?

not sure about the distance in mm. if you see the clamps, and you use it, coils just go straight out in that level. if i use the screws, i lower to the line of the clamps. i believe you can go a little lower than that too. brewdawg gets it as close to the airhole with no problems.

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
USA
Thin the tail a bit more tuck under deck, check.
Check coil height, using screws push down just a bit, check.
Take clamps and screws and put them in the tank that came without them, check.
Go brain dead, wick with rayon and do it like you know how to do it, check.
Realize that the fill ring seal was a bit buggered and you were not getting the damn thing closed all the way, check.
Accept the fact that sometimes the obvious makes you stupid, check. :grr:

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! Now this thread can get back to what a fine tank this is.
Super smooth, great flavor, good stuff. :thumb:
:)

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
USA
Glad you got the True up and running again, forgot to mention to crank a bit on the fill cap to make sure it's closed.
When the second one cleared the little lip on the fill port with ease, the light bulb went off and all I could think is what a d-a*s....it was right in front of you the whole time. Oh well, blame it on old age. :sleep:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
When the second one cleared the little lip on the fill port with ease, the light bulb went off and all I could think is what a d-a*s....it was right in front of you the whole time. Oh well, blame it on old age. :sleep:

Been there, done that. ;)

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
heres what i mean by "appears to be too little wick". the slots were still a bit wet from cleaning. i trim down the wicks. push in. if its dry and cant set it inside the slot, use eliquid to dampen. when i push in, you can see the edges of the grooves. i still soak the wicks before putting back the top. always leak free and flavorful for me.

Attachments

• 20190513_205037.jpg
    20190513_205037.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 87

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
USA
heres what i mean by "appears to be too little wick". the slots were still a bit wet from cleaning. i trim down the wicks. push in. if its dry and cant set it inside the slot, use eliquid to dampen. when i push in, you can see the edges of the grooves. i still soak the wicks before putting back the top. always leak free and flavorful for me.
That does appear to be on the light side. I still have some work to do, mine leaked out overnight as it has for others. I'll hang in there with it...

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I've been using mainly mesh in BF atomiser for the last couple of years and decided to try RTA's again.
I received my true yesterday, cleaned it and coiled/wicked it. I used a 2mm I/d coil and cotton bacon that I've had for years.
I filled the tank and the juice leaked out. So I lifted the coil about 1.5mm above the air hole and it's been great. Left it overnight and it's bone dry this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread