Calling all LEO Drippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
So I've had my LEO for about two weeks now. Overall I like it but there are some problems I'm having with leakage and I wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

I'm seeing people saying 4, even 5 drops are fine in the LEO atty. I do that and it's gonna leak all out in no time. I have to do 2 drops, and after an hour or two I'm still getting some leaking out eventually.

What juice are you guys using? What VG/PG ratio? I'm using FSUSA 70/30 PG/VG, but the sampler juices I ordered are 50/50 and don't seem to be much better leak-wise. Will higher VG help?

Thanks guys...

Oh and btw, for anyone thinking of debridging their LEO atty...DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE! :facepalm:

There are four holes in the "ceramic bowl" under the coil as opposed to one on a Joye 510, and juice goes straight through.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I've had the same problem, even just dripping one or two drops at a time. I've given up dripping with the Leo and I've given up vg juices with the carts. I don't mind 100% pg..... I'll try the vg again when the cartos arrive.

Anyone try dewicking a Leo? is it worth it?

Despite these problems I still love the Leo...

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I'm using 100% PG. Most of what I use is Dekang, and some of it is gourmetvapor. I regularly put in 4 drops, and just to test it out, I was able to completely flood out my atty before I got any leakage. The atty got gurgly at 6 drops, and stopped firing at 8. There was no leaking up until I hit 8 drops, and that was only a tiny amount.

I really can't imagine how you're getting a leak at 2 drops. Have you modified your atty in some way?

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
As posted else where, I gave up on my leo. To much fuss all the time. I finally got tired of the burnt taste, the leaking atty (after 4 drops). I should have one of the cleanest leo around just from wiping up juice all the time. I tried vg, pg, a mixture of the two, and even fluval. Now the leo just collects dust. Maybe I expected to much from a well known company like boge. I hope they can come up with a fix for these isuues. Does'nt anyone test their products anymore? Maybe boge should have spent more time and money on research and development instead of a big case to put these in. I would much rather have a good working unit arrive in a cardboard box than a poor working unit in a fancy case. I am back to my reliable DSE 808 stick, while I anxiously await the arrival of the tornado tank unit. I sure hope it performs better than the leo. rsmith76

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I've dripped 2-3 drops without problems. Though I didn't drip all day, only a few hours worth before going back to cartridges.
One thing to remember is the air vents in the atomizer threading can, eventually, leak. If my atty is overflowing with juice when I set it down to charge over night I have on occasion noticed a small amount of juice dripped out. However, the amount that MIGHT leak out is far less than any other atty/cartridge using e-cig or mod I have. 510, 901, 801 atties all leak if there's juice in them when you set them down horizontally. Without pressurization, rubber gaskets or a vacuum, gravity WILL win.

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
For the most part, when I drip with the Leo, I'm using FSUSA 50/50 juices or BWB at 70/30. I find that four drops works well, as ling as the liquid isn't real thin. I just got a new Leo passthrough that I am putting through it's paces with dripping, and no leaks yet. I usually use the carts with Fluval because I use my Leo while driving to and from work (20-30 min commute). I now have three Leos, two of which I've had for a few months now, and I love them!

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
I've been having better luck the past few days, you're right though Jackal3, gravity eventually will win.

As long as I stick with 2 it's good...I think switching back and forth between 50/50 and 70/30 may have been aggravating the leakage due to the changing viscosities. I've been using my 70/30 Hypnotic Mist for the last 2 days and it's been fairly clean.

The LEO probably does leak less than other atties, but coming from the eGO where the cone held in a lot of the leakage is probably skewing my view here. I think my eGO leaked a lot more than I remember because I rarely pulled the cone off to check, but when I'd go to switch batteries it was always wet.

edit:

Anyone try dewicking a Leo? is it worth it?

I have dewicked my remaining LEO atty since day 2 so I could dry burn it. Like I said though I don't recommend a full debridging, as the 4 hole design won't hold juice. You have to remove the wick to dry burn though and I had great results doing this with 510 atties and getting 2-3 months out of them. I'm hoping to do the same with the LEO's.

So far I've only dry burned this one twice and it's going great thus far. I use 91% isopropyl and quick-dry them in a preheated 200F oven that I turn off once I put the atty in. Wait about 10 minutes and all traces of the isopropyl are gone. Juice it up and you're back in business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread