Can ecigs and eliquids be allowed in luggage or purse on airplanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC

Apr 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm taking a short airplane trip from californa to arizona and was wondering if there is a ban traveling with ecigs and juice. Not planning at all on vaping on the way. Just wondering what might be expected when going through the scan area. I have a "go go" ecig and is semi large. Will they think its a bomb? Or eliquid a hazzard? Should I disassemble it and pack it in its original case? I would hate the thought of it being taken away or something happening to me. :confused: And I would not have to end upon my destination buying the real cigs and smoking again! Am I just making a big deal out of this?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
JMC there are many posts on this topic. Liquids in your 3-1-1 clear TSA approved baggie and batts in your computer bag or carry on. I fly all over the world and have done this many many times. I also carry a SASE envelope in case any security agent decides they want to change the rules at any given momement.

JMC

Apr 6, 2011
Los Angeles
JMC there are many posts on this topic. Liquids in your 3-1-1 clear TSA approved baggie and batts in your computer bag or carry on. I fly all over the world and have done this many many times. I also carry a SASE envelope in case any security agent decides they want to change the rules at any given momement.

I don't travel much. What is a 3-1-1 clear TSA approved baggie and a SASE envelope?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I don't travel much. What is a 3-1-1 clear TSA approved baggie and a SASE envelope?

Sorry JMC:

3-1-1 is short for 3 ozs or less of a single liquid in a 1 quart baggie, 1 baggie per traveller. Baggie must be clear and you must be able to ziplock it shut. So you could bring toothpaste small travel size shampoo, condintioner etc and a few 30ml bottles of juice without a problem. Baggie must be removed from carry on and placed in a seperate bin while going through screening

SASE = self addressed stamped envelope

Hope that helps

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
3 ounces is 88.7 ml. So that's the largest size bottle that can go in your quart baggie. I've traveled with a few 60 ml bottles in mine.

3 oz to ml - Google Search

You can take as many bottles at or under that 3 ounce limit as will fit in one baggie, and that is several, but I doubt you could fit 12 or so, which is what you'd need to hold that much total.

But, this is only for carry-on baggage. You can always pack more liquid in checked luggage.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I fly continously across the US and out.
I carry 2 chucks, twenty 801 atty's and five 10ml bottles of liquid, and twelve 3.7v batts, with me on my carry on at all times.
Tsa check it every time, and when i tell them its e cig stuff, they let me pass no problems.
Included in my carry on, is a tekkeon powerpack and a puresmoker passthrough.

My suitcase contains additional batteries, atty's and liquid.

How to vape on a plane?
I will have to write a book of secrets.

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
I do hope you're kidding around Butastew. That much liquid would last me for several years!

Not a joke, im a dripper that goes through 10ml in about 4 days. I really do have a 1070ml jug of PG RY4 24mg nicotine liquid in my fridge. Got it for $80 from China =p

When/if prices get reasonable in the US Ill get it local.

For those who say its unsafe from China, you got it backwards. Check youtube ecig industries in China and see their very high tech clean labs with level A suits and air lock doors. Meanwhile people in the US order liquid from China and mix it in their dirty basement.

So what will I do when I go on an over seas trip for 6+ months =(

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
UPS it to your destination

I did this recently with a bunch of random stuff I didn't want to take through security. Just Fed Ex'd it to my hotel. No strange looks at the front desk or anything; such is a lot more common since 9/11 and esp after the other near-misses where they clamped down even further.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Was on an extended trip overseas recently. I did everything in triplicate. 1 set with me, 1 set in checked baggage and 1 set mailed in advance. In addition, I made certain that I had enough liquid checked in and mailed to cover my entire trip. Also, checked out local suppliers (over internet, in advance) at my destination so as to have yet another option in the event something went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread