Can I use this type of glycerin USP and flavoring? Help ASAP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Here is a picture of the Glycerin USP, got it locally at shoppers drug mart for like $6. Is it VG or not? Also I have a picture of some flavoring I've had for a while now from Watkins... the one in the picture is Maple, I have a bunch more in cupboard as well... I read diacetyl in flavorings can be extremely bad... is there anyway to tell if it could be in mine, I've researched for about 10 hours now and finally made the glycerin purchase but still just wondering... also Pharmacist at shoppers said I could get Propylene glycerol from another place locally. Then I would just need a nicotine base at like 48 MG from http://www.canvape.com/Default.asp (It says its pharmaceutical grade there USP) (I really only need to mix it down to 6mg or lower which is what I use atm but I pay like 15$ for 30 ml of liquid locally 70/30 (PG/VG) (Gold Seal e-liquids). Half the time I just vape 0 mgs though and a couple vapes from a 6mg or lower and that is fine.

So what i got now is:
IMG_8583.jpg
IMG_8581.jpg
Life brand Glycerin USP
Distilled Water
Watkins Flavorings (like 30+ in cupboard)

Thanks for any help in advance gonna be stalking this page rest of night to see what everyone has to say.
:p

Rcsss

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I've never used either one but a quick search using the advanced seach and checking the: search thread titles box brought this one up
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/272699-life-brand-glycerine-usp.html

Try doing that for the flavoring too, I've heard of it, just never used it. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Ok thanks, yeah I did sort of read that thread, just double checking with others and mainly concerned about the flavorings that I got... can't remember the chemical that produced the diacetyl, but I read all the backs of my flavorings and I know none have it in it. If I seen the name of it I would know just can't remember off hand what it was called.

Thanks,
Rcsss

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have used Watkins Flavorings and been very pleased. I've used peppermint, puremint and rootbeer. I mix it with Everclear then flavor my unflavored nic juice. Just my 3¢ (inflation). :)

I almost forgot to also welcome you to ecf. It is a wonderful place to be. Granted you will get different opinions but just trying to help with what I have done. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

Last edited:

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I wasn't sure if it would work because it was a link to a search, not a single thread.

Ah yeah that would be why since it is a search thanks tho, just got back from the store so late reply.

I have used Watkins Flavorings and been very pleased. I've used peppermint, puremint and rootbeer. I mix it with Everclear then flavor my unflavored nic juice. Just my 3¢ (inflation). :)

I almost forgot to also welcome you to ecf. It is a wonderful place to be. Granted you will get different opinions but just trying to help with what I have done. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

Ok nice to know and thank you... gonna mix one up and read some of the other watkins threads to see what others have to say about it while it steeps for a few mins... Will only be a VG mixture though since need to still get other supplies in next few days when i get paid :)

Thanks everyone
Rcsss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread