Can you really taste your vapor????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
thankyou for the topic, i also loose my flavor all the time and am in a week on vape only. my husband loves it because i brush my teeth every few hours. im constantly changing my tanks out. ill try the hydration as ive always had this problem, but if that doesnt work, maybe i can try replaceing with cooton,if anyone know where to find it online, as i can only buy on the internet for vape supplies, and aslo a beginner

I get my at my local Walgreens, I just use organic cotton balls. Tear off a piece, roll it up and thread through the coil. You can also do it by rolling it up and put like a tooth pick or small diameter drill bit, or even a wire coat hanger and put cotton, and coat hanger together and roll coil around it. Either will work. It may sound intimidating but trust me it is not. There are all kinds of video on You Tube on it.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
If you have a variable voltage or wattage device try buring it a bit hotter this may help as well. As previously stated it could also be a wicking issue. All a few things combined. When you say no flavor do you mean that litterly? Are you getting any plumes when vaping? If you are still getting vapor but no flavor then it could just be a temp thing. If your not getting vapor either then it could also be a wicking thing. Also if you can rebuild your setup try using cotton instead of silica they flavor and wicking is much better IMO. You could so just trying dry burning your coil to get any gunk off, especially if your running high VG.

I'm getting vapor, that's not a problem. I do have a variable voltage ego winder, but this 50/50 mix I'm using now gives me too much of a throat hit when I turn it up. I was an ultra light smoker for 36 years. my next order is all 20/80, more vape, less throat hit. I do realize it will also mean less flavor. I did order with an additional flavor shot.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
And I learned it's very common to remove at least one Kanger flavor wick (there are two on top of the main coil assembly). Very easy to do if you are hesitant to do a complete cotton rebuild.

I have watched a video on how to take the dual coil apart, and yeah two wicks, so removing one will make a difference? Why exactly?

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
I had this problem at about the 2 week mark. Went to my local B&M and just started trying juices until I could taste something. That something was Peppermint.

I then got a really bad sinus infection. Went to the doc and she said it was all from cigarette withdrawal (not just the nic, all the other chemicals, too). After a round of antibiotics I realized my sinuses have been clogged for over 30 years!

Don't buy too much juice this early. The stuff I bought the first few weeks tastes terrible to me now. I can't even stomach the peppermint.

The Mt. Baker juices that I thought were too weak are perfect now.

Make sure you don't have gunked coils in the Aerotank. Make sure you have extra coils and know how to change them. I'm a heavy vaper and I change my coils every day. I've started recoiling them myself, but I just use a single 2 ohm coil with a flavor wick on top and bottom.

I see you are in Havre de Grace. If you don't mind the drive go to Vape Dojo in Ellicott City. They will help you and if they aren't really busy they'll show you how to rebuild the coils.

Just keep vaping through the flavorless issue. It will turn around. I can smell and taste again!

Last edited:

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I had this problem at about the 2 week mark. Went to my local B&M and just started trying juices until I could taste something. That something was Peppermint.

I then got a really bad sinus infection. Went to the doc and she said it was all from cigarette withdrawal (not just the nic, all the other chemicals, too). After a round of antibiotics I realized my sinuses have been clogged for over 30 years!

Don't buy too much juice this early. The stuff I bought the first few weeks tastes terrible to me now. I can't even stomach the peppermint.

The Mt. Baker juices that I thought were too weak are perfect now.

Make sure you don't have gunked coils in the Aerotank. Make sure you have extra coils and know how to change them. I'm a heavy vaper and I change my coils every day. I've started recoiling them myself, but I just use a single 2 ohm coil with a flavor wick on top and bottom.
I see you are in Havre de Grace. If you don't mind the drive go to Vape Dojo in Ellicott City. They will help you and if they aren't really busy they'll show you how to rebuild the coils.

Just keep vaping through the flavorless issue. It will turn around. I can smell and taste again!

Hello fellow marylander! I go to The Vape Lounge in Bel Air which is the Vape Dojo's sister store. I do have extra coils and I have been changing them throughout my quest for flavor. I don't rebuld them, but I've been soaking in everclear and it seems to do the trick. I'm actually going to the Vape Lounge tomorrow to get some backup devices. Hopefully when i lose a flavor I can switch to a new vapor stick and keep happy. I'm drinking my water too. Mints just won't do it for me, but I plan to try alot of flavors tomorrow and maybe I'll find something I like.

Where in western MD are you? I used to live in Hagerstown.

Last edited:

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I just don't get it? Ever since I drank a few beers, I'm in flavor heaven! I was vaping bananas foster earlier to switch it up after the Blueberry RY4 gave up on me, and it was ok, but then it got better. Just changed to Sticky buns, and wow. What flavor! I opened the caps yesterday and let them sit and they are so different than yesterday too. I'm a total believer in steeping now, and only after one day? The flavor is richer and real. Can't wait to go back and try the vanilla butternut now. What happened? Did beer fix my taste problem? or was it the water I drank all day before that? But then again, I'll come back in an hour and let you know if I'm still tasting the sticky buns, I am back on water.

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
What happened? Did beer fix my taste problem? or was it the water I drank all day before that? But then again, I'll come back in an hour and let you know if I'm still tasting the sticky buns, I am back on water.

Who knows? Now that my seasonal allergies have kicked in I lose flavor once in a while. Might be the benadryl drying me out.

gj Michelob

Mar 31, 2014
NY/SF
I'm not happy, at first I can taste them, then nothing. I realize I'm only 2 weeks into this, and I refuse to take up smoking again, but I really want to taste the flavors!!! I just purchased some flavors from MBV and I could taste them for about an hour. I've been drinking water today thinking that may be the problem, and still nothing. Do you really taste the flavor? or is it ever only a hint? I know that my taste buds are readjusting to no longer smoking, but when will I be able to taste the juice and enjoy it??? Do I have to add loads of flavor shots to find the flavor? or should it just be there??? Dying to taste something..... :(

I noticed your query Kemishdo, after I had posted elsewhere (on the abused subject of the Naturally Extracted Tobacco Company and its delayed deliveries. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...turally-extracted-tobacco-3.html#post12869512

Part of my point there may serve as an answer:

I "sip" (my apology for not indulging the verb "vaping" but it loses all the elegance and style that somehow -once- was associated with smoking; so I insist on "sipping" the proper terminology for pipe smoking).. so I sip with my Kamry 1000 ePipe and one Jazz ePipe , respectively the NET's Balkan blend (which contains the legendary Latakia) and the sweet Black Cavendish. Both are not only as good as they tasted in a proper pipe, but even better, enhancing all flavors and voices of the blend, at times in an harmonious unison and then each as an exuberant soloist, with ostentatious virtuosity. In fact, I rarely inhale or inhale a modest amount of the vapor -as doing so deprives us of the enjoyment and appreciation of the pure flavor.

I smoked two packs of Marlboro Red every day and am down to 3-4 cigarettes. While the Aroma eJuice RY4 WTA helped me warm up to these new and frigid gadgets, there is no comparison with the NET's complexity and luscious texture.

I suppose some here Vape for the "throat hit", some for the nicotine, some for the irresistible need to mimic the gesturing of smoking... but if you want to sip pipe tobacco in a liquid form out of an ePipe, and re-experience the full aroma and flavor of tobacco (something that cigarettes really do not afford), then these NETs are unquestionably the absolute best fashion.

I ordered again, taking my chances, from Naturally Extracted Tobacco... as I am "ADDICTED" !!

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I live in Hagerstown! I lived in Columbia when I met my husband and he lived in Havre de Grace.

Wow, small world. Was he born in HdG? I am a HdG native, moved to Hagerstown when I married my first husband. Divorced, then moved to Tucson, AZ and recently moved back to Hdg. I love it here. Hagerstown was nice though, but I missed the susquehana. Nice to meet you!

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I noticed your query Kemishdo, after I had posted elsewhere (on the abused subject of the Naturally Extracted Tobacco Company and its delayed deliveries. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...turally-extracted-tobacco-3.html#post12869512

Part of my point there may serve as an answer:

I "sip" (my apology for not indulging the verb "vaping" but it loses all the elegance and style that somehow -once- was associated with smoking; so I insist on "sipping" the proper terminology for pipe smoking).. so I sip with my Kamry 1000 ePipe and one Jazz ePipe , respectively the NET's Balkan blend (which contains the legendary Latakia) and the sweet Black Cavendish. Both are not only as good as they tasted in a proper pipe, but even better, enhancing all flavors and voices of the blend, at times in an harmonious unison and then each as an exuberant soloist, with ostentatious virtuosity. In fact, I rarely inhale or inhale a modest amount of the vapor -as doing so deprives us of the enjoyment and appreciation of the pure flavor.

I smoked two packs of Marlboro Red every day and am down to 3-4 cigarettes. While the Aroma eJuice RY4 WTA helped me warm up to these new and frigid gadgets, there is no comparison with the NET's complexity and luscious texture.

I suppose some here Vape for the "throat hit", some for the nicotine, some for the irresistible need to mimic the gesturing of smoking... but if you want to sip pipe tobacco in a liquid form out of an ePipe, and re-experience the full aroma and flavor of tobacco (something that cigarettes really do not afford), then these NETs are unquestionably the absolute best fashion.

I ordered again, taking my chances, from Naturally Extracted Tobacco... as I am "ADDICTED" !!

Funny, I was just on that thread, and I was interested. I do like my RY4, so that is why I have ordered some peach tobacco and vanilla tobacco, but the NET site has intrigued me. We'll see where I end up after my ongoing quest for the perfect flavor.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
it's been over an hour now, and while I can still taste the sticky buns, it has lessened somewhat. I think my plan should be to keep switching flavors every hour :) After tomorrow I should be able to accomplish flavor changes much more efficiently than my current method of taking my aerotank apart several times a day and rinsing and reassembling, changing coils, etc.

I thank everyone for your support, I really appreciate all your help, it's been very enlightening.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Flavor switching is smart but its fun too! Variety is the spice of life. I started with 2 flavors 6 months ago and now I have 6 flavors in rotation over my 3 batteries. I usually have the three devices with me so that if a flavor feels of I have something to go to. I've been favoring 3 of the flavors for the past 2 weeks and they're staying to taste a little off so I'm rotating right now. I try to keep the three flavors in compliment of one another with a light, medium and strong/darker flavors. I do black cherry, an1mal azzault and chocolate raspberry (all from juicy vapor) for one rotation and then vape the rainbow (juicy vapor), chocolate pomegranate and a lemonade/key lime mix (both from cignot).

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
Flavor switching is smart but its fun too! Variety is the spice of life. I started with 2 flavors 6 months ago and now I have 6 flavors in rotation over my 3 batteries. I usually have the three devices with me so that if a flavor feels of I have something to go to. I've been favoring 3 of the flavors for the past 2 weeks and they're staying to taste a little off so I'm rotating right now. I try to keep the three flavors in compliment of one another with a light, medium and strong/darker flavors. I do black cherry, an1mal azzault and chocolate raspberry (all from juicy vapor) for one rotation and then vape the rainbow (juicy vapor), chocolate pomegranate and a lemonade/key lime mix (both from cignot).

It's also fun trying to find my flavor. Good thing I can't drive right now or I'd be at the vape shop everyday! :)

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
It's also fun trying to find my flavor. Good thing I can't drive right now or I'd be at the vape shop everyday! :)

I take a gamble and buy smaller bottles to sample from sites online, so I'm never at my local shop anymore (their prices kind of suck and quality not always consistent). If I don't like it I usually pass it along to a friend in exchange for them buying me a beer at the bar or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread