Can you really taste your vapor????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I'm not happy, at first I can taste them, then nothing. I realize I'm only 2 weeks into this, and I refuse to take up smoking again, but I really want to taste the flavors!!! I just purchased some flavors from MBV and I could taste them for about an hour. I've been drinking water today thinking that may be the problem, and still nothing. Do you really taste the flavor? or is it ever only a hint? I know that my taste buds are readjusting to no longer smoking, but when will I be able to taste the juice and enjoy it??? Do I have to add loads of flavor shots to find the flavor? or should it just be there??? Dying to taste something..... :(

Last edited:

Fenway75

Moved On
Apr 8, 2014
Sounds like vaper's tongue/olfactory exhaustion. There are a ton of threads on this topic, but to sum up: drink lots of water, try switching the flavors up more, try working a menthol into your flavor rotation or try a menthol mouthwash/gum/toothpaste (that seems to 'wake up' the taste buds), and also don't ignore the ol' schnozz. Our noses contribute heavily to the sense of taste, so if you're plugged up or having problems there it will mute the flavors. Also keep in mind hydration isn't a quick process; it takes DAYS for athletes to be 'fully' hydrated before an event, so drinking water today will help...but drinking water steadily for a few days will really help!

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
Sounds like vaper's tongue/olfactory exhaustion. There are a ton of threads on this topic, but to sum up: drink lots of water, try switching the flavors up more, try working a menthol into your flavor rotation or try a menthol mouthwash/gum/toothpaste (that seems to 'wake up' the taste buds), and also don't ignore the ol' schnozz. Our noses contribute heavily to the sense of taste, so if you're plugged up or having problems there it will mute the flavors. Also keep in mind hydration isn't a quick process; it takes DAYS for athletes to be 'fully' hydrated before an event, so drinking water today will help...but drinking water steadily for a few days will really help!

Thank you, menthol will not work for me, I used to get sick if I smoked menthol, I was non-menthol all the way. But I will keep drinking my water and I've got the drip caps off and have them steeping in the armoire. But will I really taste them eventually? At this point I'm thinking that I'll never REALLY taste them.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Fenway.
I have also noticed, the lower the nic level, the better the flavor.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I find if I've been chain vaping (ok, ok I admit I chain vape alot :p) I sometimes loose the flavor of my juice. I will go brush my teeth and rince with mouth wash, and go back to vaping, flavor is back. Try that :)

tried it and no luck, several times in fact. I even went so far as to smell some chopped garlic (I don't have any coffee grounds), was the most intense smelling thing I could find in my kitchen. Next I'll be sniffing the kitty box, LOL, no, J/K.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I first started with Blueberry RY4, was my ADV, from our local shop The Vape Lounge. But I think I ruined it yesterday trying to fast steep it, water was too hot and it doesn't taste the same, but then again, may be me. But I could only taste it in the morning, but since it's a tobacco flavor, it didn't bother me that I couldn't taste it much anyway. I'm vaping Bananas Foster right now, tasted ok, but light this morning, now nothing. Yesterday I tried cotton candy (came free), hated it, didn't taste like cotton candy at all, but kinda like red hots. I also have Sticky Buns and Vanilla Butternut, but I'm letting them steep, they seemed too strong at first, go figure. All from Mt. Baker Vapor. I just ordered some more flavors that will be here on friday, peach tobacco, vanilla tobacco, and strawberry. But I think I'm just going to uncap and steep those for a week before I try them.

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
I'm not happy, at first I can taste them, then nothing. I realize I'm only 2 weeks into this, and I refuse to take up smoking again, but I really want to taste the flavors!!! I just purchased some flavors from MBV and I could taste them for about an hour. I've been drinking water today thinking that may be the problem, and still nothing. Do you really taste the flavor? or is it ever only a hint? I know that my taste buds are readjusting to no longer smoking, but when will I be able to taste the juice and enjoy it??? Do I have to add loads of flavor shots to find the flavor? or should it just be there??? Dying to taste something..... :(

Depending on what topper you use, you can rewick some of the replaceable coils with Cotton. Look it up on youtube and there will be a video toIt does transfer more flavor for me. You can buy organic cotton balls online or a CVS/Walgreens sometimes has them.

I was buying extra flavor shots too, in the beginning. I just got a Kayfun last week and the taste difference is Night and Day.

Good Luck!

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
Depending on what topper you use, you can rewick some of the replaceable coils with Cotton. Look it up on youtube and there will be a video toIt does transfer more flavor for me. You can buy organic cotton balls online or a CVS/Walgreens sometimes has them.

I was buying extra flavor shots too, in the beginning. I just got a Kayfun last week and the taste difference is Night and Day.

Good Luck!

I have a Kanger Aerotank, bottom dual coil. Not sure that would work with my setup.

Question, did the extra flavor shots work? I only ordered one extra shot in each flavor, but maybe I should be adding more???

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I had the same problem and sometimes still do. I wasn't drinking enough water for sure. I ate dill pickles and then ate jalapeno peppers could taste my juice again but my tongue was on fire. Works for me.

I ate Red Hot Utz Potato Chips yesterday, they set my mouth on fire sometimes, and nope, didn't help. I hope I get over this and haven't ruined my ability to taste from smoking for so many years.

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
Maybe you could try chewing gum... I find that if I loose my flavors, it happens daily, mostly in the afternoons... I either eat, chew gum, or just suffer through it. The MBV flavors that I've tried I always add a flavor shot. Water helps me too! It's a sign that I need to drink water, or fluids.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
I have a Kanger Aerotank, bottom dual coil. Not sure that would work with my setup.

It should. I've never done the dual coils from Kanger but I've rewicked a ton of Kanger singles for my small fleet of Protank 2 Minis. It does help with flavor but there is some squinting involved and a little bit of a learning curve. I think it's been about 3 weeks for me and my taste buds are all over the place. Still have a few juices I can't taste and sometimes the taste buds just check out for a while. I've found Velvet Cloud Vapor Sour Skittles and Ahlusion Cherry Cola 90%VG help wake them back up a bit. Exhaling through the nose also helps. It's been a slow process for me so far and I wasn't a heavy smoker for the most part.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
It should. I've never done the dual coils from Kanger but I've rewicked a ton of Kanger singles for my small fleet of Protank 2 Minis. It does help with flavor but there is some squinting involved and a little bit of a learning curve. I think it's been about 3 weeks for me and my taste buds are all over the place. Still have a few juices I can't taste and sometimes the taste buds just check out for a while. I've found Velvet Cloud Vapor Sour Skittles and Ahlusion Cherry Cola 90%VG help wake them back up a bit. Exhaling through the nose also helps. It's been a slow process for me so far and I wasn't a heavy smoker for the most part.

Yeah, I've been trying the nostrils, does seem to help a little. Not sure I'm going to start rebuilding coils yet. I'm going to my local shop tomorrow and purchase some more batteries and atomizers and start switching flavors when I lose one. I think I'm just going to go with the Evod 2 starter kit since it will give me two additional setups (is there a term for the whole apparatus when together???) and I can rotate 3 flavors and they use the same coils as my aerotank. I know I'm going down a level, but cheap fix for now. Guess I'll also replace my Blueberry RY4 and purchase some straight blueberry to add for flavor.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Yeah, I've been trying the nostrils, does seem to help a little. Not sure I'm going to start rebuilding coils yet. I'm going to my local shop tomorrow and purchase some more batteries and atomizers and start switching flavors when I lose one. I think I'm just going to go with the Evod 2 starter kit since it will give me two additional setups (is there a term for the whole apparatus when together???) and I can rotate 3 flavors and they use the same coils as my aerotank. I know I'm going down a level, but cheap fix for now. Guess I'll also replace my Blueberry RY4 and purchase some straight blueberry to add for flavor.

We have 14 different flavors loaded up right now in Protank 2 Minis and our 2 Ecoms and I just ordered an Igo-T dripper for further flavor testing. Variety has helped a lot in my experience over the last few weeks. I take one tobacco and two sweet flavors to work with me every day because of this.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
If you have a variable voltage or wattage device try buring it a bit hotter this may help as well. As previously stated it could also be a wicking issue. All a few things combined. When you say no flavor do you mean that litterly? Are you getting any plumes when vaping? If you are still getting vapor but no flavor then it could just be a temp thing. If your not getting vapor either then it could also be a wicking thing. Also if you can rebuild your setup try using cotton instead of silica they flavor and wicking is much better IMO. You could so just trying dry burning your coil to get any gunk off, especially if your running high VG.

sjtown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
armed forces europe
thankyou for the topic, i also loose my flavor all the time and am in a week on vape only. my husband loves it because i brush my teeth every few hours. im constantly changing my tanks out. ill try the hydration as ive always had this problem, but if that doesnt work, maybe i can try replaceing with cooton,if anyone know where to find it online, as i can only buy on the internet for vape supplies, and aslo a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread