Can you really taste your vapor????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmadigan

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
So Cal
When should I put them back on? 4 have been off for 2 days, and I just upcapped my new juices today.
I leave mine off overnight and generally only if there is an alcohol, medicinal aroma to the juice, If it doesn't have that smell i take the cap off(which i have to do anyways to determine whether it needs the overnight cap off)to expose it to air and to test it FOOB, then immediately put the cap back on and let them steep with the cap on at room temperature in a dark place if needs be. length of steep depends on the juice and varies, iv'e found fruity flavors need less steep compared to tobacco's and desserts. This has been my experience anyways, I'd imagine everyones is different. Hope this helps.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
deadbeat said:
taowulf said:
Since then, I also started making my own coils for all my Protanks and man, the flavor is so much better. So good, as a matter of fact, I am seriously tempted to blow my budget again by going RBA and a mech mod.
I think you should do this ASAP. but you don't need to break the bank. Just pick up a decent dripper and maybe a Russian 91% /Kayfun Lite+, which will be maybe $15-$20 and $20-$30 respectively for clones; then get a decent mod clone, which will be $20-$50, and a couple quiality IMR batteries for $7-$12 a piece, with a charger, $10-$50.

If you already have the wire, even better, but you'll likely want a lower gauge... 100ft of Kanthal goes for maybe $5-$8 from Tempco on amazon or ebay.

If you already know all that and want to get legit hardware just disregard. lol

Just sayin. DOIT you will be happy you did.
Not sure this is the best advise for a new vapor, first post stated OP was only 2 weeks into vaping.
That post was in response to Taowulf, not the OP

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I leave mine off overnight and generally only if there is an alcohol, medicinal aroma to the juice, If it doesn't have that smell i take the cap off(which i have to do anyways to determine whether it needs the overnight cap off)to expose it to air and to test it FOOB, then immediately put the cap back on and let them steep with the cap on at room temperature in a dark place if needs be. length of steep depends on the juice and varies, iv'e found fruity flavors need less steep compared to tobacco's and desserts. This has been my experience anyways, I'd imagine everyones is different. Hope this helps.

Ok, I just put the caps on the ones that were off for two days, and I'll put the caps on tomorrow to the ones I uncapped today. thanks!

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Ok, I just put the caps on the ones that were off for two days, and I'll put the caps on tomorrow to the ones I uncapped today. thanks!
What you are doing is letting the juices "breath". So they say and I'll never understand why it's even necessary.

Just open a can of soda and let it set for 2 days. :D

But once you get the flavors you think you can stick with... stay a few weeks ahead on them and just let 'em sit in a cool dark place (with the occasional "shake" when you think about it).

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
When should I put them back on? 4 have been off for 2 days, and I just upcapped my new juices today.

When I get new juices in I usually leave the caps off overnight, shaking a few times in between. About 8 or so hours maybe. Always seems to work well for me.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
Riptrippers has an excellent video on steeping, some of it is way overkill IMO, but useful in understanding the different methods. Me personally, no more than 12 hours.

Just watched that video, very cool info, he's fun. Ok I have immediately put the caps back on since they were off for 6 hours and now I'm streeping! Thanks for the advice!

amoca

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
This. While I don't have that many queued up, I do have at least 3 tanks on the go at any given time and swap out often during the day.

I have...14 different Egos and Spinners, all have different juices in them except 2 are the same in different strengths- and bought an MVP today with 2 new different juices. I did go thru a rough patch a couple days only since I started vaping 2 months ago-but I got a really excellent wake me up menthol, and if everything tastes dull- it's rocks. I know you don't like menthol- but believe me, you'll taste a good one. As everyone else said- brush your teeth, brush your tongue- eat a couple crackers to cleanse your palate as wine tasters do, drink lots of water- and try lots of variety. T'is the spice of life.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
it takes more than a couple of weeks to get the taste and smell to start working again. And are you still doing the occasional ciggie?? If so, smell/taste takes even longer to come back. I keep 3 flavors on hand and will do a quick swap over to one of them when I find the flavor dropping off. Another thing to consider is the tank/coil setup. After a couple of tankfulls, the coil becomes loaded up with "gunk" and produces alot less flavor. I find that changing out the coil does improve the flavor too.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
One thing I didn't see mentioned here is dripping. I've had lots of Dead Tongue Disease myself, and I bought two drippers (one for sweet and one for tangy). Vaping with a dripper really intensifies the flavors again! It was simple enough for me to understand and I've been able to enjoy some of my yummiest juices again. I've also forced myself to switch around flavors more frequently.
Only drawbacks: it's not a good on-the-road method, and my husband thinks it looks illegal LOL
I'd also like to mention that if you think of it as mint rather than menthol, perhaps it's not so scary?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Another suggestion to add, shake your bottles really well before filling your device. There is some separation of nic that isn't visible.

You may not notice flavor loss in food as you do when you vape. Think about it, we are getting flavor from warm moist Air. It's more subtle than actually chewing food.

Good luck OP. :)

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
it takes more than a couple of weeks to get the taste and smell to start working again. And are you still doing the occasional ciggie?? If so, smell/taste takes even longer to come back. I keep 3 flavors on hand and will do a quick swap over to one of them when I find the flavor dropping off. Another thing to consider is the tank/coil setup. After a couple of tankfulls, the coil becomes loaded up with "gunk" and produces alot less flavor. I find that changing out the coil does improve the flavor too.

No way, havent had a cig since the day I picked up vaping. 2 weeks now, no cigs. I've been changing coils regularly also. I'm sure my taste will return, for now it's water and rotating flavors for me.

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
One thing I didn't see mentioned here is dripping. I've had lots of Dead Tongue Disease myself, and I bought two drippers (one for sweet and one for tangy). Vaping with a dripper really intensifies the flavors again! It was simple enough for me to understand and I've been able to enjoy some of my yummiest juices again. I've also forced myself to switch around flavors more frequently.
Only drawbacks: it's not a good on-the-road method, and my husband thinks it looks illegal LOL
I'd also like to mention that if you think of it as mint rather than menthol, perhaps it's not so scary?

I received wintergreen as a free sample from MBV, smells good from the bottle, just like a wint-o-green lifesaver. Maybe I can handle that over menthol.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
No way, havent had a cig since the day I picked up vaping. 2 weeks now, no cigs. I've been changing coils regularly also. I'm sure my taste will return, for now it's water and rotating flavors for me.

Only coils I've had fail so far have been in the Ecoms. I just give the Kangers a soak in Iso alcohol overnight after changing flavors and insert a new piece of cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread