Cannabis Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Information is one thing. Party time, not so much.
Huh? I'd like for you to elaborate on that comment please. This is an adult forum. We may joke around at times, but there are mods here that insure we don't get carried away too far over the edge. And nearly every one here helps keep this a safe place. I don't recall seeing you post before, so what are you pertaining to with the phrase "party time"?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know, there is a medication called Abilify that stole three years of my life, pretty much. For a long time I wanted the drug makers strung up and stoned in the village square. Then I had to consider what medications that had HELPED me had harmed others, and etc. I could give plenty more examples.

As someone who has seen medical cannabis work FIRST HAND and for chronic pain much more safely than opiates for chronic pain not to mention a HOST of other conditions, I am going to encourage you to confine your opinions TO YOURSELF.

Marijuana was bad FOR YOU. The fact that it took you 18 years to figure that out is YOUR PROBLEM.

Also, marijuana is a pretty minimal issue even recreationally because the number of lives marijuana has ruined is pretty small, because most people using it recreationally either figure out it is not good FOR THEM, or they use it much like social drinkers drink.

I'm sorry, it appears your brain has a bit of recovery time to go. I hope you get to the point sometime where you can take you know, the personal responsibility for YOUR use rather than projecting it onto OTHERS.

Maybe one day.

Anna

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Bad, weve spoke in threads before, so IDK why you suggest Im a stranger. I voiced my opinion, and as I noted, I have lots of practical experiance. Kids will be kids, and sometimes adults aren't much better. Should be lots of fun.

Stols, I have seen pot relieve terminal patients of their pain, and in that setting you'll get no argument from me. But recreational use? You watch, beyond the lethargy and dulled brain cells, they gonna find that that kind of tar makes smoking look tame. Again, this is just my opine, and I already know I will be castigated for it.

Randy

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was recently in Denver visiting my sister. She had one of those. The size was tiny maybe 1 ml if lucky. That's a BS price.
My first time buying. Being that it was from a legal dispensary, regulated, and 70 - 90 percent THC, and not from a black market street supplier, I have no problem paying that price. I'm stiil alive.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I guess I should add that I'm not a heavy pot smoker. I'm a a certfied lightweight. The last time I bought any was in my college years. I'm 65 and retired now. I don't drink any alcohol. I just wanted something to use to get a slight "buzz" going occassionally when home relaxing watching tv or a movie. This 1 ml thc cart may well last me the entire year, that's how little I'll use it.

Last edited:

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've been reading up on CBD for a few months now on behalf of my wife. One thing I discovered is that the absorption rate is 50% through vaping, and 20% through dripping it under your tongue. Given its cost that's a big deal.
Given that it might not be safe and that hemp is now legal the price of cbd should go down I personally would stick with under the tongue.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I was recently in Denver visiting my sister. She had one of those. The size was tiny maybe 1 ml if lucky. That's a BS price.

I picked up one of those at a legal dispensary to try it out. It was 75% THC 5% CBD. Size was 0.5 gram or 1/2 ml and it cost $31 including tax. I only vaped it a couple times a month but it lasted around 3 to 4 months.

My problem with it was it was way too potent for my liking. Haven't gotten another one but I didn't think it was too expensive considering you can use it multiple times.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
You know, there is a medication called Abilify that stole three years of my life, pretty much. For a long time I wanted the drug makers strung up and stoned in the village square. Then I had to consider what medications that had HELPED me had harmed others, and etc. I could give plenty more examples.

As someone who has seen medical cannabis work FIRST HAND and for chronic pain much more safely than opiates for chronic pain not to mention a HOST of other conditions, I am going to encourage you to confine your opinions TO YOURSELF.

Marijuana was bad FOR YOU. The fact that it took you 18 years to figure that out is YOUR PROBLEM.

Also, marijuana is a pretty minimal issue even recreationally because the number of lives marijuana has ruined is pretty small, because most people using it recreationally either figure out it is not good FOR THEM, or they use it much like social drinkers drink.

I'm sorry, it appears your brain has a bit of recovery time to go. I hope you get to the point sometime where you can take you know, the personal responsibility for YOUR use rather than projecting it onto OTHERS.

Maybe one day.

Anna

Yeah but yeah but yeah but....I once smoked a fairly large dod of Afghan black and walked into a plate glass window.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
You know, I’ve been so busy with my new position at work that I haven’t been able to post here, and just a couple of weeks ago I bought a new juice for my MiPod. It’s one of those rather “new” juices with a specific oil component o_O and I noticed that it’s not allowed to talk about it here. It made me sad because I wanted to share my experience and hear about others. Also to know if I was wasting my money. :cry:

I know this is a bit late, and IDK if anyone said this yet, but I wouldn't vape that if it was me. Nor sell it to anyone else.
And if already used, I wouldn't buy more.

No. Oil.
Period.

I'd find an alternative or avoid.
Just my :2c:

EDIT: Meaning if you think they added vit-A or are unsure.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
they gonna find that that kind of tar makes smoking look tame.

You bring up a good point and one that I have been curious about for a while. It is well documented that burning tobacco leaves releases tar, carbon monoxide and other carcinogens. It is also known that combusting/burning nearly anything from toast to steak can also release carcinogens. So how is it that MJ seems to defy this pattern of combustion creating tar, carbon monoxide, and other carcinogens just like everything else?

I ask both out of curiosity and also because as I get older my knees, and now my hands, have been getting more painful every year. I am not there yet, but I may end up needing something like this somewhere down the line and I want to be fully aware for when I do.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You bring up a good point and one that I have been curious about for a while. It is well documented that burning tobacco leaves releases tar, carbon monoxide and other carcinogens. It is also known that combusting/burning nearly anything from toast to steak can also release carcinogens. So how is it that MJ seems to defy this pattern of combustion creating tar, carbon monoxide, and other carcinogens just like everything else?

I ask both out of curiosity and also because as I get older my knees, and now my hands, have been getting more painful every year. I am not there yet, but I may end up needing something like this somewhere down the line and I want to be fully aware for when I do.
It can be vaped to avoid many of the potential issues from smoking. That said, people have been smoking MJ forever - while there's still much to learn, it's pretty clearly nowhere near as dangerous as cigarettes in that regard. People drop like flies from smoking cigarettes (leading cause of death in the US - alcohol is number 3), not so from MJ. If you ever go the route of medical cannabis, it would be wise to vape the flower instead of smoke it. Or use tinctures, etc - would be a discussion to have with your doctor.

All that said it's illegality has greatly damaged the ability to research it. With that changing, we'll have more/better information as time goes on.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@ScottP (and anyone else interested) . . .

Don't know whether or not these articles are actually for or against, just posting links so you can do your own research:

More links can be found here w/ a Google search of the following words - "carcinogens in marijuana" . . .

Hope information is helpful and useful, especially for further discovery . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It can be vaped to avoid many of the potential issues from smoking. That said, people have been smoking MJ forever - while there's still much to learn, it's pretty clearly nowhere near as dangerous as cigarettes in that regard. People drop like flies from smoking cigarettes (leading cause of death in the US - alcohol is number 3), not so from MJ. If you ever go the route of medical cannabis, it would be wise to vape the flower instead of smoke it. Or use tinctures, etc - would be a discussion to have with your doctor.

All that said it's illegality has greatly damaged the ability to research it. With that changing, we'll have more/better information as time goes on.

I was thinking the same thing about vaping vs smoking until this recent scare about tainted cartos started. I know some brands are licensed and inspected and we would have to stick with those, but are there any that sell the liquid as an unflavored base (not in a carto) that a DIYer could use? It might be good to mix a tiny amount in with my DIY nic juice so that instead of getting a periodic hit of 80-90% concentration, to get a more steady stream of 3-6% or something like that. Again it is still not legal where I am so this will not be happening soon for me. I just want to understand what is available.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@ScottP (and anyone else interested) . . .

Don't know whether or not these articles are actually for or against, just posting links so you can do your own research:

More links can be found here w/ a Google search of the following words - "carcinogens in marijuana" . . .

Hope information is helpful and useful, especially for further discovery . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Very interesting links. I guess it does make sense that while the cannabis smoke does in fact contain the carcinogens the cannaboids help prevent most of that from interacting in a way that would cause cancer. Still I do think Sloth is right that vaping it should be the preferred method for partaking (or perhaps tincture or edible).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I was thinking the same thing about vaping vs smoking until this recent scare about tainted cartos started. I know some brands are licensed and inspected and we would have to stick with those, but are there any that sell the liquid as an unflavored base (not in a carto) that a DIYer could use? It might be good to mix a tiny amount in with my DIY nic juice so that instead of getting a periodic hit of 80-90% concentration, to get a more steady stream of 3-6% or something like that. Again it is still not legal where I am so this will not be happening soon for me. I just want to understand what is available.
Well, I can tell you this: I won't be so much as touching those cartridges until it is well-established whether or not they are harmful. I'm inclined to think that a majority of these cases are caused by cut products on the black market. I am aware of at least one case in Oregon though where vitamin e was found in a licensed supplier's carts. Until this is sorted out, I'll stick to flower. Not worth the potential harm whatsoever IMO.

MJ flower itself has been vaped for decades now, with no known issues like we're seeing today. So I'm just personally concerned about the carts and extracts at large. In my view, this will continue to be an issue until it is federally legalized and regulated. The current patch-work of legality has caused a boom in black market variety, making cannabis more dangerous than it's ever been. We may never be able to destroy the black market, but it will continue to thrive under the current circumstances.

Other topic: I've not got any citations for this but I've always wondered how much difference there is between manufactured cigarettes, which are essentially laced with over 1,000 additives, and "purer" forms of tobacco. The last 5 years or so of my smoking I bought tobacco in bulk and rolled my own. It seemed to bother my lungs less (not saying much--still killing my lungs) but I don't think it had as many additives and I've always been curious about the difference in health impacts.

As for MJ, I currently smoke it, because the only vapes I've tried don't efficiently allow for "micro-dosing." I literally take one, at most two tokes primarily in the evenings. I'm not interested in getting stoned. However, I'm researching the various products currently and hope to find something that will allow for more efficient use of tiny amounts of flower. A couple members in the cannabis forum here have given me leads, so hopefully I'll find what I'm after soon, so I can vape instead of smoke it.

ETA: Black market cannabis flower is dangerous particularly these days. It is often laced with various products and/or grown with harmful pesticides. I strongly urge everyone to avoid the black market flower at all costs. Several people in my area have gotten sick lately, and the MJ was found to be laced. If one must resort to the black market and won't cease use until legalization, try to find someone who grows it themselves and is willing to share. I can't stress enough how dangerous the current underground market is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread