Cannabis Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Just to say - if it doesn't work out as intended we can always revert, it just seemed really hypocritical of us not to even allow people to talk about it here, when it's the biggest issue the industry is currently facing.

We'll keep a close eye on it and evolve things in a way that fits our approach to harm reduction.

At the end of the day the CDC isn't telling the truth and concerned people will be coming here to see if we can do any better, and I'm sure we will!

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying things.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Remember this day. The first palindrome date of the year.

Coincidence? I think not!

There are Also 4 Numbers that are Multiple of each other. And the Entire thing adds up to 20
4 + 20

Another Coincidence? Fat Chance!

LOL

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just my opinion, but I feel like with the intentional effort by the CDC to conflate what isn't harmful and is legal (nicotine e-juice for tobacco cessation) with what does seem to be very harmful (CBD oils and other drugs that are being vaped) and is still illegal at the federal level, I feel like it behooves us now more than ever, to stand our ground and stay a separate entity, so that we can be clearly seen as separate, especially at this most crucial juncture.

Adding a Cannabis forum would give additional credence to what the CDC is trying to do (conflate and confuse).

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, in all I think this is the appropriate time to stop pretending the cannabis market needs to be shunned and blacklisted from here. In light of the recent events it's hard to even properly discuss the matter without jumping through language filters. As to underage users, well, underage users are banned and shunned by this forum on nicotine juice, I don't see anything different here. I also have no issue with members individual views on cannabis use, as well as their personal use. IMO, every person here has the right to put whatever they want into their bodies. As long as we act as responsible adults about it, what right do I have to interfere with, let alone judge, another's choices. There are plenty of things we can put into our bodies that are far more concerning than cannabis, aside from the tainted stuff causing all the pain and death we're now seeing from a grey and black market created by ill suited laws relevant to today.

I hope this forum section does well, with respectful and informed discussion, both by users and non-users, as the coming crackdown on vaping will affect us all regardless of the active substance we choose to vape.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
JMO...

But it seems that the ECF has done a Very Good Job of letting members discuss this Issue without having to have a Cannabis Sub-Forum.

What will be Interesting is when this Current Issue falls out of the News Cycle. Which is Already happening. And the New Sub-Forum is just a bunch of people talking about the Best Way to Get High.

Yeah if ECF turns into anything close I'm out..

I don't want to sit around talking about drug use.. at all. I liked ECF because it was a nice clean forum..

I guess those days are gone.. :(

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I don't want to sit around talking about drug use.. at all. I liked ECF because it was a nice clean forum..

Like I said earlier, I can see the Considerations that went into making this Decision. And I'm sure a Lot of Thought went into moving this Forum out of the Family/Work Friendly genre.

We'll just have to See how things Play Out.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I'm all for it because it is a reality now, people vape CBD and THC, medical use is legal in my state and altho I do not vape either, those that do need facts, what better place than ECF. I also see many vendors selling CBD vape liquid. Let's stear users in the right direction. DO NOT vape OILS no matter who sells it. Be safe.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I agree. The CBD products may well use an oil. Many vape shops, as well as gas stations and convenience stores sell CBD, but I wouldn't vape it.
A local CBD shop in my town sells CBD vape OIL. I about fainted when I saw that, many vendors don't know you should not vape oil. I do use CBD orally for pain since I broke my back, but I would never vape it. To me it's a hassle to vape when you only need a couple drops of CBD on the tongue.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
My wife has been ingesting CDB (just in case) for a while now for medical reasons. It's the only thing that really works for her.

I discovered a few months ago that it could be vaped and got her set up. Apparently you absorb 50% through vaping, as opposed to 20% through dripping under the tongue. That's a big deal because the stuff is expensive.

It was quite hard to do. The sites that sell it are all over the place in terms of how much info they provide. They use different terms for the same thing, and the same term for different things. The first bottle I got was unvapeable. Tried different tanks and wicks and power settings. I'm kind of getting there now.

I looked around for something equivalent to ECF where I could ask questions. What sort of tank to use. Who has the best juice. The forums I found were pretty worthless.

I'm glad you are doing this. It's a needed resource. Maybe a separate area for CDB, separate from the other stuff.

I do think it will be a lot of work keeping it corralled.
Have you found non oil CBD? I think Halo and VaporDNA are selling CBD in pg/VG. I just don't trust vaping it. I sublingual 100mg CBD for pain.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Legal here in California for sometime. No real problems and probably safer than people getting it on the street as it has to be tested and labeled
After seeing how California went from a beautiful state to a disaster I can see why it's legal. I don't think ECF should turn into a head shop. My . 02

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro TMO using Tapatalk

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
knowledge is safety

pretending it doesn't exist seems to go against why this site was set up and is still relevant

adding a section where people can find out what is safe for them and what is not is a no brainer to me

harm reduction is what keeps this place going

so
put my vote in the .... yes its a needed idea ... box

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Ideally to me this forum would still have some boundaries, focusing on equipment, best safe practices and troubleshooting. I don't think there are many of us on ECF who want to post about how we got wasted or which strain is better than another. There are plenty of forums already for those discussions.

Just like nicotine, we aren't a bunch of teens Juuling for a nic buzz. I hope we can be a level headed resource as this form of recreation overlaps with ecigs.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
It still doesn't allow the word that starts with a b and ends with a g. So there is that.

If cbd keeps folks from using oxy, I'm cool with that. But I still think there needs to be a voice that says the intention of the e-cig is for a cigarette alternative. The other gear for vaping hemp based products should be called an "e-joint". It's already tough enough to be a nicotine vaper at times.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Maybe make a new sub site between Products and vaping.com with their own set of moderators.

VU has been at this a while, so I suspect the push back.

This is what I always Thought the ECF would do.

Spin Off another Forum Site where Cannabis can be Fully Discussed. And then Offer to ECF Members membership in the New Site if they wish. And the New website can attract Advertisers who Sell Cannabis Products/Hardware.

That way the ECF can Remain more as it is. For as long as that is possible. But Members can have a Similar Place to discuss Cannabis as they wish.

One Size Rarely Fits All. And I fear that the ECF is going to Fundamentally Change.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

You can choose to ignore the cannibis section if you wish. Members will redirect inquiries to the appropriate section.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Like I said earlier, I can see the Considerations that went into making this Decision. And I'm sure a Lot of Thought went into moving this Forum out of the Family/Work Friendly genre.

We'll just have to See how things Play Out.

If the "e-cigarette' world was not coming to an end in May 2020 (in the US)...we would not be having this discussion.
ECF membership and participation have been steadily falling for years. Some business have a shelf life and must adapt to the market to stay viable.

IMO, that is the impetus for this change.
Personally, I'd have preferred y'all (ECF owners/managers) had just said that instead of trying to spin it.

Cheers
I

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If the "e-cigarette' world was not coming to an end in May 2020 (in the US)...we would not be having this discussion.
ECF membership and participation have been steadily falling for years. Some business have a shelf life and must adapt to the market to stay viable.

IMO, that is the impetus for this change.
Personally, I'd have preferred y'all (ECF owners/managers) had just said that instead of trying to spin it.

Cheers
I

I'm Not sure I would Phrase Things exactly as you have. But I think No One can disagree that the e-Cigarette Market is going to Monumental Change in 243 Days or so.

And this Change is going to Directly Effect the ECF as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread