Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
99% of CBD vape 'oil' is CBD ISOLATE. Unfortunately it was named this and thats what the general population know it as. My friends have imported it into Australia where it is now legal and vaped it with no issues.
It depends on if it is full spectrum, terpenes included, that is most always hemp oil. Isolate is not full spectrum and would not have oil to suspend the isolate, it would have VG or PG to suspend the isolate. Full disclosure of ingredients is key. There is also distilled as well.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
It depends on if it is full spectrum, terpenes included, that is most always hemp oil. Isolate is not full spectrum and would not have oil to suspend the isolate, it would have VG or PG to suspend the isolate. Full disclosure of ingredients is key. There is also distilled as well.

Yes, CBD isolate is not an oil. But it is known as CBD vape oil

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Baditude

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
A local CBD shop in my town sells CBD vape OIL. I about fainted when I saw that, many vendors don't know you should not vape oil. I do use CBD orally for pain since I broke my back, but I would never vape it. To me it's a hassle to vape when you only need a couple drops of CBD on the tongue.
Don't mean to make an issue with that, but I could easily say the same thing about nicotine... drops of juice in your mouth (I've done it accidentally... flooded coil) and it works very well. Maybe some people want to vape THC and CBD because they don't want to smoke it and get the other bad stuff from burning cannabis. They could just do edibles but it takes longer and is very hard to judge dosage. With vaping it works faster and is easier to judge dosage. Even if the vape contains some oil, it doesn't take very much to be effective (and would be diluted in other ingredients of the liquid) A reasonable person is not going to be vaping very much at all... not compare to vaping nicotine (ie chain vaping and or big clouds) It's sort of like if you vaped 100 mg/ml nicotine juice... wouldn't take much to kick your ars! I've tried vaping cannabis and 2- 3 draws and I was good for a couple hours. Yes, people don't always use moderation (especially younger people) but that just brings up right back to comparing it to alcohol. You could easily chug 100 proof booze, go into a stupor and kill yourself. But nobody freaks out if you have a nice glass of wine with a meal or a beer at a sports event. Lighten up folks.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
99% of CBD VAPE 'OIL' is CBD ISOLATE. Unfortunately it was named this and thats what the general population know it as. My friends have imported it into Australia where it is now legal and vaped it with no issues. They have also imported full spectrum CBD 'OIL' which cannot be vaped and is used under the tongue etc.
Ditto!

Reactions: Vapntime

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The raw material can be consumed / eaten.

There is absolutely no necessary reason why people "need" to vapourize it, even if it is for medicinal purposes. Unless of course first it's vapourized and then used for whatever.

So there is no reason for it to be discussed in an e cigarette forum.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The raw material can be consumed / eaten.

There is absolutely no necessary reason why people "need" to vapourize it, even if it is for medicinal purposes. Unless of course first it's vapourized and then used for whatever.

So there is no reason for it to be discussed in an e cigarette forum.

:party: :toast: :thumbs: Bravo

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I dont want to see this site taken over by the stoners.

They're to old to be taking over anything.

upload_2019-9-11_13-32-54.jpeg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
They're to old to be taking over anything.

View attachment 837695

Amazing he's still alive. Goes to show the healing powers of an apparently superhuman liver.

What struck me in that article is the attempt to state how complaint and responsible they were by being cleared by the Oregon Liquor Commission, who I guess holds the regulatory side of the business and reviewing FDA guidelines. First, how does a liquor commission have any expertise in evaluating what people inhale, and there are no FDA "guidelines" on cannabis oils or additives for well, anything, let alone a vaping product. They don't even exist for nicotine liquids. It's amazing to see how a product finally legalized can function with so little regulatory oversight on just what's going into the products being sold.

Yet nicotine based vaping will be regulated out of business despite all the sound science behind it.

But on this particular topic of a Cannabis forum, I think so long as it remains in its own area, and the mods are good at moving anything in the main forums concerning alternative use products to this section all should be fine. There's nothing compelling any member here in visiting this section. There are plenty of sections here I never visit, and some I didn't even realize existed.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I was pretty ...... off when I notice CBD products creeping into UK vape shops. It's now common place here in vape shops. Part of the business. All normal.

I read this and the other thread with interest and can see how discussing the current respiratory problems appearing from vaping THC is helpful. I can also see how a forum or sub forum could be helpful, if the focus is on educating about the dangers of vaping unsuitable products or ingredients.

I have now read some of the newer threads appearing. Obviously it's early days but it would appear we are now in line with the vape shops. CBD, cannabis etc, and vaping just go hand in hand. All normal.

Pretty sad. Good for the Forum. Not good for ex smokers.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
One worry is whether there is enough actual "expertise" in the current ECF membership regarding this topic to truly support a Cannabis subforum (support in terms of knowledge and safety) ... or will it start out more as a little 'wild west' subforum until enough people with a good knowledge base of the various ways in which Cannibis/THC/CBD etc can be safely used with various types of devices show up (hopefully before anyone gets harmed from poor advice or recipes that no one recognizes as poor advice).

I agree.

I fully support recreational and medical marijuana use. I use it myself, but I am not really sure I how I feel about this. I worry I'd be helping some kid in a nonlegal state. I cannot even say for sure why these people are unknowingly putting themselves in harms way by vaping THC and like products. Even if we were to take this proactive stance of awarness, how's this going to stop contaminated products from reaching people that shouldn't have it to begin with?

I guess I need some enlightenment, help please.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
So as to be completely clear on the rules, we've been very careful in the Outside to avoid discussing these products despite their prevalence in the news over the last few years. Are the political and newsworthy discussions on this topic appropriate in the Outside subforum as well?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I agree.

I fully support recreational and medical marijuana use. I use it myself, but I am not really sure I how I feel about this. I worry I'd be helping some kid in a nonlegal state. I cannot even say for sure why these people are unknowingly putting themselves in harms way by vaping THC and like products. Even if we were to take this proactive stance of awarness, how's this going to stop contaminated products from reaching people that shouldn't have it to begin with?

Because kids are ignorant in regards to drug information "Just say no". In other cultures, the introduction of intoxicants is multigenerational, whether it be wine or ayahuasca. Not so much here in the US, so it's off to the restroom or woods they go, having to teach themselves.

The second I found out the truth regarding these carts, I was on the phone with my kids.

I feel the truth will eventually get out there and we will see a dramatic decline in these illnesses.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I think there needs to be some recognition of the differences between CBD and cannabis. They're not the same, aren't used for the same purposes (mostly unless medicinal), not even prepared the same in manufacturing. I do think in fairness to members here their discussions of CBD should be recognized as different than recreational cannabis use.

Let's face it, whether you have a few beers when you get home at the end of a day or a joint is a personal choice, and the joint does have fewer health risks over time. But those who use CBD are almost always using it in some medicinal way whether it's pain, insomnia, anxiety, depression, or assorted and sundry, but do not get high from it. Which is also why it's legal at this time.

My biggest concern with CBD is you never really know what you're buying. There was a story within the last 6 months (sorry, no reference to give) that found the amount of CBD in a product labeled as x mg (the gummies seem a common problem) found 90% of products tested did not have the strengths listed on the products, and a few had no detectable. In an unregulated market, and CBD seems to fall into that "vitamin" category which has no real oversight unless complaints are filed against it with the FTC or FDA. I know how we all feel about regulatory stuff regarding the FDA, but the free market doesn't work super well at correcting these problems when the consumers have little to no ability to check the validity of a product's basic claims, not even does it work, just how much are you really buying with your money (multiple herbal products like those at GNC have in the past been noted to present the same issue for consumers).

Of course now with cannabis that problem is even greater as there is no one to turn to when adulterated products are discovered. It's not like the FDA regulates them, so it would fall to the DEA, but they're staying clear for now of enforcement in states that have gone the legalization route. So what remains is for states to either enforce on a local level where legal and take action against the black market, but many of those same states (and others that don't even have legal recreational use) and cities have decriminalized use and possession, so local law enforcement has even less ability to intervene other than going after the larger black market distributors. And after 50 years of "the war of drugs" we know how useless that is.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio

I say we treat vaping with THC the same as vaping nicotine or smoking tobacco when it comes to underaged vaping. It's illegal for them to use all three products. Four, if we consider underaged alcohol use.

Why do kids put themselves in harms way? Did you use anything considered illegal when you were a kid? Did you smoke cigarettes or pot, or drink alcohol? If you did, why did YOU do it? Kids are not that much different today. At that age they consider themselves to be invincible. "Nothing bad will happen to me, that bad stuff happens to other people." However, it seems to me that today the stakes are even riskier because amateur wanna-be chemists are either ignorant or evil selling to anyone who has some money on the black market.

This new forum for cannabis is probably never going to stop contaminated products from reaching people that shouldn't have it to begin with. It's an adults only forum. If a poster is suspected to be an under-aged poster asking juvenile-type questions, report the post to a moderator and let them handle it. The best this forum can do is present facts as we know them to be true just as we did when this was a nicotine replacement only forum. Like when e-cigarettes first came into usage, it was basically an unregulated activity. CBD and THC usage is basically an unregulated activity at this time.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Because kids are ignorant in regards to drug information "Just say no". In other cultures, the introduction of intoxicants is multigenerational, whether it be wine or ayahuasca. Not so much here in the US, so it's off to the restroom or woods they go, having to teach themselves.

I feel the truth will eventually get out there and we will see a dramatic decline in these illnesses.

I'm just wondering how we (the forum) are going to help. You'd think our government would have learned from it's ill-fated choice of prohibition. Having states where it is legal while having many where it is not only exasperates the issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread