Cannabis Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Thing is the current situation in the States with 450 people hospitalised, is what brought about changes to Forum rules discussing Cannabis products. But they weren't vaping CBD for medicinal reasons, they were vaping THC for the high. So it seems so far.

So discussing CBD only, would not make sense. Not by my logic by the way but by the Forum decision makers logic. Personally I think the only area for discussion should be around the dangers of vaping substances with unknown ingredients. But I don't make the decisions.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Vaping is a smoking cessation tool - Informing people on how get a better vape increases their likeliness to not smoke which in turn increases their quality of life and their lifespan. That's something I can commit to and why I hang about this gaff so much trying to give good advice if I can.
CBD is an effective medicine - informing people about how, why and what falls in the same ballpark imo as the previous statement.

I don't personally partake in recreational cannabis use, and if I did I would not have any interest in helping anyone get a better high than I am in discussing any other recreational chemicals.

Vaping saves lives, CBD has the potential to significantly improve them.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Referring to the question that Misty asked - I think it's a very good idea if the topic can exclude discussion about THC.... somehow, maybe impossible, I've referred to it!

CBD products have helped me tremendously with joint ( sic) pain and inflammation over some years, I vape it as Swiss grown organic flower or a full spectrum liquid extract from two companies who are happy to publish lab reports.... I don't trust other products on the unregulated market in the UK, other places I inhabit it's not legal.

Why?

There are already a good number of other excellent places to discuss THC use, some of them are populated by people with a lot of expertise and experience in the subject - from seed to ready to use ( I know cos a friend told me <ahem>).

There are people here from countries where THC is illegal with heavy penalties for possession .. some from places where CBD is illegal also. I have a concern that such a forum section can cause them trouble even if they do not take part, being aware also that certain restrictive governments that ban any vaping are sure to have an eye on this place.

ECF, I think, has a good reputation amongst vapers and manufacturers, there's a chance that discussion of THC may alienate some.

All imho ofc, and I'm known for being over-cautious, but I'll go with the flow and by the way, don't Bogart that Mighty my friend .... :)

Edit 8-0 Ooooer I seem to be a Vet here, it must be by age? I'm ancient ... I'm not a Vet vaper compared to most here. Whats the criteria?
Really good post. I'd like to add my own thoughts to the legality issue you bring up, but first, to answer your question, I think that "vet" is tied to the number of posts you've made on ECF. I think I'm a vet too, but also don't consider myself a vet vaper compared to most here. I've only been vaping a little over 5 years.

As to the legality, it is still illegal in most countries and punishment for possession ranges from essentially "hey, you shouldn't do that" to jail. Heck, even in the US, it varies in this way from state to state, although these days it leans towards the former and of course in some states it's legal. These days, the US is one of the better countries in terms of how we treat cannabis consumers. Punishments can be severe in other countries where it's illegal.

I can't speak for other countries, so let me be clear on that. I feel confident that for those of us in the US, it's not an issue to be associated with a forum that discusses cannabis. The authorities aren't concerned or interested in trying to bust ever single user out there, and it'd be a waste of their time to go searching forums to try and pinpoint users. I'd say that's true of forums dedicated to cannabis, let alone ECF which just has a subforum for the discussion of harm reduction in vaping, more or less.

I also don't want to state that as fact - I'm basing that view off of my relationships with police (I know quite a few as I'm on the FD) and discussions I've had with DEA agents (I've talked with several of them, it's a long story how it came to pass but, heh, rest assured - I wasn't in trouble, in fact we were quite buddy-buddy and it was fascinating). The tides are turning and in fact have shifted greatly from only a few years ago.

When you couple that with the fact that it is fully legal in Canada which is a major country with a lot of users here, I don't see much for ECF itself to fear in regard to its own users running into issues being associated here. Again, though - I say that with a certain confidence but am not stating it as fact, and I make no claim at all for other countries where I'm less familiar with how the laws work and what the authorities are really looking to crack down on. But nicotine is also illegal in some countries. I'm not aware of the specifics and I doubt it's illegal to the same extent as cannabis in some countries. But I do feel it's worth mentioning.

I think also that ECF opening a subforum to discuss cannabis - specifically vaping - would never really draw the attention that cannabis forums themselves would draw. I think it's very, very unlikely to ever cause an individual user on ECF any trouble, especially if they don't post in the cannabis forum.

When I first read what ECF's doing, I had very mixed feelings about it - but I'm pretty supportive of it now. I would truthfully not be supportive of allowing its discussion across the forum as a whole. But to have a dedicated subforum for people to specifically discuss vaping applications and harm reduction doesn't bother me and I feel it's actually beneficial. The only way I know of to counteract misinformation is education and open discussion can contribute to that. I think the forum should be heavily monitored and moderated, and I have no doubt ECF will do a good job of it. This is the only forum I've personally frequented where I have immense respect for the moderators. They do a great job at ECF.

I myself know a lot about cannabis, but not nearly as much about vaping applications, and this forum has already helped me learn things and it's just getting started. I'll be personally benefiting from this and will do my best to help others gain benefit as well.

Just my :2c: and thank you for your post, @stratus.vaping. :toast: (I don't drink - imagine that's a mighty instead of a glass and we're all set)

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Unfortunately, whether the vaping community as whole likes it or not, the association already exists between traditional e-cigs and the newer cannabis market. There's no going back now.

Edit: Anyone else remember how some (including me) used the term "PV" or "personal vaporizer" in order to avoid an association with analog cigarettes?

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Cross posting this here because - IMHO - it is appropriate and just in case someone would like to know more . . .

Speaking about "Older People" and the use of CBD / Medical Marijuana - AARP main article / cover story in their Bulletin this month:

"Medical Marijuana: Your Questions and what we know Today" (By Sari Harrar)

Here is another link to information they offer too:

There's more - but Ya' can look them up while you're there if you are interested . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
This is the way it works in Puerto Rico. Cannabis is legal for medicinal purposes. The license cost $100 a year. You have to have a doctor give you a prescription to get a license. It takes about two weeks to receive a license. Everything is legal in the dispensary. THC infused drinks, flower, Vape sticks, dabs, wax, chocolate, Rice Krispies. I do things the old-fashioned way though. You may say I drink my corn from a jar. The law specifically States that the smoking of cannabis shall remain illegal. Now this is conflicting with what we've been discussing. If you're not allowed to combust cannabis and only Vape cannabis. Isn't this a conflict of interest?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have two family members who are MM users. I see no harm in it. You would be amazed (a lot of you who may not partake of this.... thing) of the many ways to take in cannabis and how high tech some of them are. It's pretty interesting.

And no, not all of the equipment is the same, in fact very little of it is (perhaps not so much for CBD, which IS a useful substance, there is plenty of crossover with CBD vaping and nic vaping) but actual CANNABIS vaping?

You might be able to use a similar battery if you are dying to, with certain types of wax cannabis products but you need an entirely different coil that is capable of handling wax, not to mention other types of cannabis products.

I see no reason for those interested in learning more, discussing cannabis oil, etc. in doing so.

My son has a "nail" (look it up) that heats wax to an ungodly temperature, it was several hundred dollars IIRC. He did this because in the state he was in at the time, wax was actually more cost effective than leaf. I think a lot of users really prefer to combust (Or vape! If you get Da Buddah or something similar) actual leaf.

I'm not even going to get into like, ingestible products but it's a whole crazy world out there.

IDK how you are going to keep cannabis out of the forums other than to ask people to politely do sol

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I'm not even going to get into like, ingestible products but it's a whole crazy world out there.

Alice B Tolas brownies - a blast from the youth I never told my daughter about as I counseled her on avoiding the abuse of substances. A sort of good movie, too.

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I smoked pot for 30 years before I realised how detrimental it was to my life experiance. The whole rise in legalization is nothing more than demogouge politicians playing to peoples abject ignorance and drug induced emotions.

This is a huge step backwords for ECF.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I smoked pot for 30 years before I realised how detrimental it was to my life experiance. The whole rise in legalization is nothing more than demogouge politicians playing to peoples abject ignorance and drug induced emotions.

This is a huge step backwords for ECF.

Information is critical for all drug use

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
A teenager who says vaping gave him lungs “like a 70-year-old” is suing a leading e-cigarettes company.

From the article:

"Mr Hergenreder said he first started vaping “because everyone else was doing it” and was unaware of any health risks from e-cigarettes.

He said he progressed from vaping over-the-counter e-liquids to THC, the main psychoactive component in cannabis, which he got from a drug dealer.

Mr Hergenreder said later began to develop shivers and started vomiting “every day for three days” before he went to visit a doctor."

At least the truth is coming out what it was he was actually vaping that caused his illness... Wants to sue Juul, but admits he was vaping THC from the street, and then got sick:blink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread