Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Landscaping ... wow, and you haven't started yet? It's been Summer here for a month. I have to get the lawn mower out soon, before I lose my car in overgrowth. Hate summer.

God got this thing wrong: When it's nice and cool, and you wouldn't mind being outdoors doing yard work, the darn lawn is dormant. It gets hot as hell and you only want to hibernate in the A/C, and the grass is growing like mad. But, that's your season, so I guess you're used to it. I usually pay a kid to mow my yard. Just can't tolerate the heat, bugs, and blinding sweat in the eyes any more.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've lived in colder climates. Found a picture a few days ago from when I lived in Colorado.

The road was wet with snow melt, while the air was below freezing. Icicles form radially around my hub cap. Couldn't believe it when I stepped out of the car and was glad I had a camera on board. I'd never seen that before, and haven't seen it again. Click the pix for zoom.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have lived in the Appalachian foothills outside of Pittsburgh my entire 38 years. We have all kinds of combination weather in the cold season and I have never seen anything like those icicles. That is really neat. I can only theorize that you must have been traveling a long time next to another vehicle that was constantly spraying water on the hubcap to feed it enough water for them to form. I am glad you got a picture of it, I doubt I will ever see anything like that again.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hi,

I live in England, it's mostly...damp and a bit cold....although, unbelievably, the Sun is out so we'll start to see the hardy folk in shorts and Sandals...........Will they never learn!
I've never been there. But, from what I understand your weather is a lot like the USA's Pacific Northwest coast. I absolutely LOVE the weather out there. I'd probably be one of those people. I drive with my car's top back down to the mid 50s, love a foggy walk on the beach at 65F. Hot weather sucks.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hot weather sucks? Why do you live in FL then? I'll send you some Kansas wind blowing at 70mph....LOL.
Why do you think I hate hot weather so much? I live in Florida. Not by choice, trust me.

Oh, and we get a little wind here, now and then. One of my few Florida pleasures is a gentle tropical storm. Nothing serious, just clear out the weak trees.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Kansas...makes me think of Sonic....i wish i had Sonic in MA...

Oh Gawd...last time I ate there, I got food poisoning. I haven't been able to eat their food in 21 years (I was pregnant with my daughter at the time).

Why do you think I hate hot weather so much? I live in Florida. Not by choice, trust me.

LOL...I hate Kansas as well. I'm originally from Maryland and really miss home...not the humidity but the hustle and bustly I miss...okay, the ocean too...and throw in some seafood as well (fresh not Red Lobster).

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
NCC, I visited Sarasota once , beautiful white sand beaches....dont defend yourself ...lucky ..........
Not defending myself. I actually hate it here. If it weren't for having family here, I would've been gone years ago. And, did I mention, Florida is the most 2D state, other than perhaps Louisiana. FLAT, hot, boring. Yuck. But, if you like high rise condos and tourist traps, it's heaven.

I'm an old fart, and #1 on my bucket list is to relocate to somewhere near the central Oregon coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread