Cant vape in the house.....aruggggggggggggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Gainesville, VA
By asking the question you already knew the answer...

Try too tone down your clouds of vapor and if your puffing on anything over 12% non smokers can tell.

Get A Pringles can stuff it with damp paper towels open both end and blow into that...it will dissipate the vapor.

Crack a window for better ventilation, stay in your office or room or wherever your manhood is and close the door...

My wife and kids are huge non smokers and have super noses...when I used to sneak out of the house for a hide on the patio and smoke they could still smell me when I walked in...

When I started vaping in Dec 2003, I told everyone this is what I'm using to not smoke analogs and will only do it in my section of the house...my office and man cave.

So far the wife is tickled I don't smell and smoke analogs and says the bakery and juice bar I have is nice...she hasn't seen the bills on my vape mail yet...so that will be another talk...I have a hobby that allows me to not smoke analogs...I'm willing to pay anything to be here for my family. vaping is how I do it.

Try be a bit more discreet, and don't do it in front of them. Oh and have a real conversation with the person who didn't like you smoking analogs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JustB'nMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TX
Most of the responses are advising you to take the high road and be nice about it. Maybe you should heed their advice because I'm not so accommodating. "Nice" isn't really my thing when I'm caught between a rock and a hard place (which is where you seem to be). So, this bothers me on soooo many levels. First, the word "let" was interesting as I'm assuming you're an adult and where you two live is for the both of you. I also assume you contribute to the cost of where you live. That alone entitles you to vape indoors if you so choose. Second, it sounds like she's very misinformed on the difference between smoking and vaping and needs to be educated. I wonder, how did she treat you when you were on analogs? "Smoke" doesn't dissipate and it's still on you even if you did it outdoors. Her closed mind needs to be opened because she's not supportive at all and I would make her check her attitude at the door. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Sent from my KFHD on Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
I only vape to taste juices-- I will say that sometimes Boyfriend's vaping does bother me because occasionally (if he's sitting right next to me) I'll accidentally inhale his vape-cloud wrong and start choking. It doesn't happen often but it's really annoying nonetheless.

but if she's having an issue with you vaping in your side of the house, that is pretty extreme. Granted, her sense of smell is probably better than yours but still-- it should be a compromise that you're doing it in your space. I guess you could do it 420 style and put a towel under the door and be careful where you aim your vape cloud.

I'm wondering what eliquid you're smoking? I know if my Boyfriend vaped a Jager eliquid I'd want to yak, but that's me.

Maybe buy her some candles, candle-wax warmers, or some plug-in diffusers in her scent of choice.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
in the 70's dated husband, he said nothing about my smoking
lived with him, he said nothing about my smoking
married him and boom, he is complaining.
I shrugged and smoked in the house, car
and now I vape
always in the house.
my house and car too :)

Overheard :

When he dated me, he promised to move mountains for me.

Now, I'd be glad if he'd just took the garbage out...

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA

Silly me, I've been doing it all wrong. I didn't know that RipTripper via YouTube was the source for scientifically valid and sound studies of nicotine exposure, lol. I've been reading boring ol' studies done by stuffy chemists and whatnot with dorky glasses, pocket protectors, and PhD behind their names. :confused: I'm sure everyone at his poker party got blood draws that were chemically analyzed against a carefully selected control group.

Sorry, I will stick with reading the controlled studies. But I can see how his "enthusiasm" and exciting camera work make this "seem" credible ;).

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I was vaping just in my man cave...but she says she can smell it all through the house....

Mmmhhhh... light some incense in your man cave while you vape. Problem solved :D

Really that's sad. Even my elderly parents, who are the worst kind of reformed smokers, don't have any problem if I vape in their house. They're just glad I quit tobacco. Apparently Fox News presents a lot of favorable stories about e-cigs. :p

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
My wife WAS the exact same way. In the beginning she was all for it and said she liked the smell of some of my liquids...then something changed and she decided she didn't want it in the house because it has nicotine in it. She is an RN and ex-smoker and I dealt with the typical ANTZ comments every day for the past 10 years so when she told me to go outside to vape, I told her if she didn't like it, to leave. (I meant the room not the house/relationship). She has since calmed down a bit but now complains she doesn't like the smell.

I was tired of being treated as a second class citizen because of my smoking but because of the smell and potential health hazards to bystanders I acquiesced to her request to only smoke outside. I will not suffer like that again because I vape.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I actually went to you tube to find the study he sited. I followed the trail to........the ALA (American Lung Assoc) one of the major ANTZ players.

Buried in the citations was this organization: SOCIETY FOR RESEARCH ON NICOTINE AND TOBACCO
They just had a conference and these were the exhibitors:

Borgwaldt KC Inc.
coVita
FDA Center for Tobacco Products
Hogrefe Publishing
Pfizer, Inc.
Vitalograph Inc.

One workshop listed:

Dual Use of Electronic and Tobacco Cigarettes - Why Some E-cigarette Users Still Need to Smoke?
Moderators: Maciej Goniewicz and Neal Benowitz

Findings from population and clinical studies suggest that a significant proportion of e-cigarette users also continue to smoke cigarettes. Dual use represents a failure of quitting entirely since smokers might be using e-cigarettes where or when they can't smoke, and still smoking when they are able. It remains unclear why so many smokers replace only some of their cigarettes with an alternative product. During this transdisciplinary session we will discuss the reasons for dual use, how dual use might affect cigarette withdrawal symptoms, smoking reward, and cigarette dependence, and how dual use of the products is related to outcomes on public health, such as cessation attempts and success.

Ugh.

Last edited:

bali.loop

Jan 28, 2014
NW Arkansas
I'm so sorry you're in this situation, but really? Isn't marriage all about compromise and being equals? If it bothers her, fine, be respectful and don't blow clouds her way or sit next to her when you vape. Forget all this blow through a tube nonsense, you shouldn't have to feel like you are doing anything wrong! Maybe its time to buy a pack of smokes and a bic, and leave them in the living room. Her choice.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
married him and...

... ya both had a bite o' da wedding cake! <ol' joke>
icon_wink.gif

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
balderdash !

kitchen cooking : boiling hot dogs

chilies' , stews, soups

and any pasta noodles vapor, is far more nasty than ecig vapor

you better call spouse on it, and put spouse in their place

stealth vape around the house (telling spouse you stopped)
then spring it on spouse you never stopped (expose spouse)

no love lost from me on this topic :mad:

:evil:

:2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread