capellas - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
question about the following. reviews please.

pomegranate
blueberry
butter
mixed berry.
peanut butter (to mix maybe)
maple syrup (to mix maybe)
toasted almond (to mix maybe)
lemon lime.

I want to try these and am curious about your thoughts.

I have been messing with the concentrated flavors, but am not sure if I like them as well as these.

thanks!

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
question about the following. reviews please.

pomegranate
blueberry
butter
mixed berry.
peanut butter (to mix maybe)
maple syrup (to mix maybe)
toasted almond (to mix maybe)
lemon lime.

I want to try these and am curious about your thoughts.

I have been messing with the concentrated flavors, but am not sure if I like them as well as these.

thanks!

I have all those flavors except the almond. They are all used in my recipes (and ive tried capellas, flavorwest, loranns, TPA/TFA, capellas, flavor art and organics). Capellas is one of my definete favorites in most. Flavorwest is a close second for many. The berry is AWESOME alone - i dont know how to explain it, but its a definte favorite of mine. A sweet fruity vape that tastes complex. Capellas blueberry and the VZ blueberry are the only two blueberrys i will use. No other blueberries come close to them in my opinion. With butter and pomegranate, ive only ever used and tried capellas so i cant offer a comparison with those two (except loranns) but i am completely happy with both of them regarding taste and strength. Lemon Lime tastes exact but is strong so be careful with that one. I mix the peanut butter with another peanut butter, but alone is probably my favorite if i couldnt mix it. And the syrup - well its your typical syrup flavor - a little strong too, so another one i would lower the percentage of but tastes exactly as maple syrup should.
Good Luck, DIY is a blast of fun!!!

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
I liked snick snack. It makes a awesome snickers. Its not snickers out of the bottle . Like most flavorings it gives you the base to make snickers .When you add choco add caramel it finishes it. I talk about this a lot in my blog posts.

I do the exact same thing!!! Neato!! I add a few drops of butterscotch and chocolate toffee though too, but the 5 combined does taste alot like a true snickers candy bar. =)

Ealisaid

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
Pinehurst, NC
I got a Capella's order in today, which included some old favorites and some new-to-me flavors.

I have a big problem with some of Capella's flavors. The lemon meringue pie and the apple pie are unvapable for me due to the "crust" flavor found in them. I guess I can chalk it up to more of my taste bud wonkiness, but I find these flavors to be so foul that it makes me shudder just thinking about vaping them. I have the same problem with FlavourArt's "Cookie" since it seems to have that same crusty flavor in it.

Two of the Capella's flavors that I got in today are Gingerbread and Sugar Cookie, and I can already tell by the smell that I'm probably not going to be able to vape the Gingerbread. The Sugar Cookie is a maybe. Does anybody know if it has that same crust-like flavor in it that the pies have? Also, are there any other flavors that have it so that I know to avoid them in the future? There's nothing on the list of ingredients to tell me what it is, so I can't weed it out that way.

I should have ordered more Cool Mint instead. Sigh.

tencentcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
denton tx
I got a Capella's order in today, which included some old favorites and some new-to-me flavors.

I have a big problem with some of Capella's flavors. The lemon meringue pie and the apple pie are unvapable for me due to the "crust" flavor found in them. I guess I can chalk it up to more of my taste bud wonkiness, but I find these flavors to be so foul that it makes me shudder just thinking about vaping them. I have the same problem with FlavourArt's "Cookie" since it seems to have that same crusty flavor in it.

Two of the Capella's flavors that I got in today are Gingerbread and Sugar Cookie, and I can already tell by the smell that I'm probably not going to be able to vape the Gingerbread. The Sugar Cookie is a maybe. Does anybody know if it has that same crust-like flavor in it that the pies have? Also, are there any other flavors that have it so that I know to avoid them in the future? There's nothing on the list of ingredients to tell me what it is, so I can't weed it out that way.

I should have ordered more Cool Mint instead. Sigh.

I don't get the crust effect with the sugar cookie. It's more of a sweet vanilla dough.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
I've been waiting for a week for my Cap order to show up. Was supposed to show up today. Checked tracking and it was mis sent. Bummer. So today I'm reading the original Cap thread that was closed and after reading all the hoop-la about how good this stuff is I thought I should order some more. Haven't even got my first order and I'm ordering more...I'm a sucker, hope I LOVE this stuff because I have a boat load on it's way Lol.

Ealisaid

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
Pinehurst, NC
I don't get the crust effect with the sugar cookie. It's more of a sweet vanilla dough.

Thanks for the reply, tencentcat. I went ahead and mixed up some of the gingerbread and the sugar cookie and they were both just fine. None of the crusty-nastiness I get in pie or FA's cookie was there after all. I've been vaping and enjoying both of them most of the day today.

Ok k5blazer, tell us which flavors you ordered. I just tried the peaches and cream recently and now I'm wondering why I waited so long to order it. It's yummy.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I tried a mix that didn't work out too well, so I went back to basics. Steeping a 5mL batch of caramel, pomegranate, marshmallow, watermelon, peanut butter (I figure I'll get one flavour I'd never think is okay per purchase and PB was this one). Did up a 30 of straight Bull Horn too because the 5mL first run of it was fine, may tweak it after steeping (have some ideas to try). So far they are all passing the smell test, but this week couldn't move any slower...

On second thought, the pomegranate smells quite mild, not sure how it'll translate, and the watermelon has started to smell..."chemical-ish". Only a taste will tell for sure. Tick tock.

Last edited:

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks for the reply, tencentcat. I went ahead and mixed up some of the gingerbread and the sugar cookie and they were both just fine. None of the crusty-nastiness I get in pie or FA's cookie was there after all. I've been vaping and enjoying both of them most of the day today.

Ok k5blazer, tell us which flavors you ordered. I just tried the peaches and cream recently and now I'm wondering why I waited so long to order it. It's yummy.

These are from the first order I'm hoping to get today.
Flavor 1: Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Flavor 2: Butter
Flavor 3: Cake Batter
Flavor 4: Vanilla Custard
Flavor 5: Lemon Meringue Pie

Flavor 1: Blueberry
Flavor 2: Marshmallow
Flavor 3: Vanilla Cupcake
Flavor 4: Peanut Butter
Flavor 5: Sweet Strawberry

And this is what I ordered last night after suffering a moment of weakness. I noticed the deal they had earlier this year was for a 6 pack@ $19.95...The deals now are for a 5 pack @ $19.95...Still, a stellar deal imo. I'm thinking I have plenty enough to keep me busy for a while.:blink:
Flavor 1: Chocolate Coconut Almond
Flavor 2: New York Cheesecake
Flavor 3: Caramel
Flavor 4: Harvest Berry
Flavor 5: Hot Cinnamon Candy

Flavor 1: Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble
Flavor 2: Milk Chocolate Toffee
Flavor 3: Vanilla Custard
Flavor 4: Pralines & Cream
Flavor 5: Waffle

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
These are from the first order I'm hoping to get today.
Flavor 1: Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Flavor 2: Butter
Flavor 3: Cake Batter
Flavor 4: Vanilla Custard
Flavor 5: Lemon Meringue Pie

Flavor 1: Blueberry
Flavor 2: Marshmallow
Flavor 3: Vanilla Cupcake
Flavor 4: Peanut Butter
Flavor 5: Sweet Strawberry

And this is what I ordered last night after suffering a moment of weakness. I noticed the deal they had earlier this year was for a 6 pack@ $19.95...The deals now are for a 5 pack @ $19.95...Still, a stellar deal imo. I'm thinking I have plenty enough to keep me busy for a while.:blink:
Flavor 1: Chocolate Coconut Almond
Flavor 2: New York Cheesecake
Flavor 3: Caramel
Flavor 4: Harvest Berry
Flavor 5: Hot Cinnamon Candy

Flavor 1: Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble
Flavor 2: Milk Chocolate Toffee
Flavor 3: Vanilla Custard
Flavor 4: Pralines & Cream
Flavor 5: Waffle

How did you get the 5 pack for $19.95 deal? I don't see it on their website, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread